Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,417 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

10000%

it seems to have got this way over the last 6 weeks. occasional advertising is now replaced the occasional ability to watch a video uninterrupted...it’s a pain...almost unwatchable is exactly it.

whatever absolutely wänker thought it was a good idea to interrupt videos in the middle to show advertising about quitting smoking etc... I don’t even fûcking smoke, cûnts...

how long before this happens at the cinema, but you’ll be asked to pay a fiver more to go to the advertising free screen...?

” This murder scene is brought to you by Heinz tomato soup “

• Registered Users Posts: 21,917 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Horrid people who make passive aggressive comments to others ,just to make themselves feel good and because they think they're better than everyone else . Just fcuk off please .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Do they work on YouTube ads? I have an adblocker on my laptop already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Firefox + blocker on Win does anyway.

Also, some clever person figured out a YT downloader addon for F/fox. ( Every now and then YT tweak their video stream format which breaks the addon 'till said clever person figures out the tweak and tweaks his program to match :D )

Bored out of me tits. Not feeling work this week ugh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

People wearing masks as chinstraps on the newly crowded buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Husband woke with our alarm at 7.30. I got up and started work. He started work at 9.45 after spending the 2 hours in bed on his phone. I'm baffled. He has to stay on late tonight now to make up the time. Why would you do that to yourself??

More of these scam/crank marketing calls, everybody a bit on edge with my Dad in hospital so when the phone rings as it has done twice this morning and it’s just fûcking scammers.... it would be nice to find where the wankstains are and somebody go and just burn the fûckin place down, preferably with every one of the organizers/staff in the place... it’s way past just getting old now....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’m now receiving texts from scammers telling me parts for a car are being delayed 🙄🙄 All from different phone numbers too

• Registered Users Posts: 16,490 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Yeah we've been absolutely plagued with the Amazon Prime ones the past week. About the only calls we get on the landline any more...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I have a little project I want to build. Been buying the parts for it over the past couple of weeks, and have been looking forward to sitting down and making it some night this week.

Only to find that...

One of the major pieces (a sheet of black plexiglass) that I bought from Amazon last week hasn't even been dispatched yet, and is now showing as out of stock. In my experience, this means that it was never in stock in the first place, and the order will be cancelled soon. Plexiglass is surprisingly hard to source for shipping to Ireland (loads of sellers in the UK won't ship here).

A second major piece (some electronics) was shipped from China 2 weeks ago. It finally landed in Ireland 6 days ago. I got a notification from An Post to pay VAT (ad a handling charge), which I paid immediately. But the package has been sitting in the Mail Centre in Dublin for those 6 days. Seems from reading a few other posts in the Consumer forum that it's happening a lot with items from outside the EU, and despite paying the VAT, An Post might send it back to China due to some information missing from the paperwork. Contacting An Post for an update isn't working.

The third major piece, a wireless magnetic phone charger, did actually arrive. And I've been keeping it on my desk in anticipation of working with it. Only to discover last night that someone (probably one of the kids) has moved it. Searched the house top to bottom for it, and I can't find it anywhere now, and of course everyone else in the house is pleading ignorance and innocence.

And then to top it all off, my milkman didn't deliver the milk this morning. Third time in a week. So I had to complain and cancel my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,077 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Jayus talk about making a mountain out of a molehill !! You're worried about disturbing insects ? You probably stood on and killed many more during your hike in pristine forests. Wokeness to a new extreme!!

I've never seen these stacks .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The lack of multipack bottles of water, went to four shops this morning and nowhere had any

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Yep, well they do for me.. Ublock origin is my much preferred for browser over any of the others as many of the others will allow ads through for payment. Another TA as supposed to block them.

The only one I can't vouch for is iOS, but I know Blokada is good on Android too. I prefer Adaway.

Another plugin for Firefox is Enhancer that allows you to control ads for youtube.

Built to get the most out of YouTube, this extension comes packed with all sorts of features that allow you, among other things, to manage ads as you wish, control the playback speed and the volume level with the mouse wheel, automate repetitive tasks such as selecting the appropriate playback quality, configure dozens of keyboard shortcuts to control YouTube like a pro, and much more...

Give it a try! But be aware that you will never want to use YouTube without it after that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Mine does this too ......if you ever have kids this will push you over the edge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The last time I was in Killarney there was a fella doing a solo gig in a popular, crowded pub. He was fairly **** TBH - not even an average singer and banging away the same **** on the guitar all the time. I'd rather he'd shut the hell up, or even listen to the radio instead, but there was a crowd of drunken numpties around him going batshit for it. How are your standards so low? Who's paying someone with so little talent to play a gig, and why are people listening?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I booked tickets for a concert in November and it’s been pushed to April 2022, no problem at all.

My TA is the email from the venue

*Dear punters, 

Due to the current situation, Nothing But Thieves’ show, initially scheduled to take place at den Atelier on Saturday, November 6th 2021 is being postponed. The new date will be Wednesday, April 20th 2022 still at den Atelier. *

punters?? I hate this term punters. I’m not a punter, I’m a fan, or customer or anything realy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,281 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Because it's a sh1tkicker pub in Killarney and people are drunk and will clap and roar along with something recognisable. Wonderwall, Cuntree & Western and rebel songs. He was probably cheap to hire..you get what you pay for.

People tend to eat shocking food when drunk they wouldn't touch when sober.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Boards is fcuking with my head, just went back seven pages in AH to find the 'Do you like the new boards' thread as I have a query about how you add the signature to your profile. You may have seen it in other peoples posts, a wee quote or saying at the bottom of each of their posts. Anyway after I found that thread I posted in it, then I went back to page 1 of AH and it wasn't at the top like they used to be. Went back to page 7 and the thread was still in that page with my new post. Kinda trivially annoying.

Edit: Sorted it in the end, didn't see the tab called Signature Settings. 😁

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

That’s who’s been calling here, fûcktards every one of em.

• Advertisement

Fighting hard to stay awake in work and then I'll feel wide awake when I go to bed tonight. Bastid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I had a frantic 25 minute session on the cross trainer in the gym yesterday eve while listening to Japanese metalcore band Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas on the Bluetooth headphones. I felt great after the workout but this eve I'm really feeling the pain as my ass and hamstrings are in bits :( All I want to do this eve is curl up in front of the couch and watch some TV

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,762 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

My boss has been pressing me to complete an in-depth survey for our employer. Took me well over an hour. It began assuring me that the results would be kept anonymous. I work in a mostly-female, very diverse environment so at the end it demands my ethnicity from various options which include "White - Irish" and my gender. Either somebody didn't really think this through or we have very different interpretations of that word.

Anyway, it's done and will hopefully be forgotten about.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I was looking forward to coffee and cake at a local cafe, but when I got there it was closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Is that Sparkling? I got some today in Dunnes but stock was low. Got some in tesco last week. I think it is becoming available slowly.

I waited all morning for a courier and then he just fecked off without ringing the doorbell so all that time wasted for nothing. And no, I didn't get the package.

The fûcking Irish footballers, man what a team..winning 1-0 in the Algarve with 1 minute to go, end up loosing 2-1 somehow, ohhh I know how, partly by giving Cristiano Ronaldo, one of the greatest footballers ever, complete freedom of our penalty area to stick a free header into our net with the nearest Irish player about fûckin 5 meters away from him marking fresh fûcking air... marking oxygen... ! How, why ????

In addition looking at replays of an incident I missed during the game itself Ronaldo should obviously have been sent off for violent conduct.... so much for the usage of VAR... ‘very arseways really’... proves that when you have systems fit for purpose but people using them who are fit for walking around with a white stick it’s pretty pointless...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,380 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

TA that the player who was tapped in the shoulder by Ronaldo went to the ground holding his face

Not great either but violent conduct ? I d say so, It’s a strike more then a punch, certainly a bit more then a tap...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

People who post selfies every day on their social media accounts, usually sitting in their car and they look the same gormless gobshite in every one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement