Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Thanks for that, I have heard that the Brave browser is also good for blocking ads

Dunnes stores "season's best" fruit range. If that's the season's best I'd hate to buy the worst. What a cod and bigger fool me for buying it.

Out of a four pack of nectarines I had to throw out two of them when I got home and went to fill up the fruit bowl and it's not the first time either.

Think I'll pay less and get the non season's best from now on. At least what I'm throwing out will be cheaper. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 16,281 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Maybe you don't get out much, I've seen several in well touristed areas although thankfully doesn't seem to be a madness like uk or europe yet. I don't know why people seem to want to impose order on nature and treat it like their garden.

One stack may not make a difference but if every cnut started making them in the same area ..well then.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Space Dog

There's a part along the Cliffs of Moher where tourists have stacked nearly every single stone. Really annoyed me when I saw it, it's also difficult to walk around there now.

My TA: When staff want to see the Covid cert on your phone and they are looking for some information that they can't see immediately, but instead of asking you they start tapping around on your phone with their fingers. Can you please not touch my phone without asking me first? I don't really want your hands on it, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭Archeron

I am really getting a pain in the hole with Baristas who think they are Gods gift and treat customers with absolute contempt. Was just sent on a coffee run by the boss to a big name chain, and the one request was to have full fat milk in the coffee. Holy God, the look she gave me when I asked this. She actually glared at me, threw her eyes to heaven, slammed down the low fat milk and muttered continuously while putting in regular milk. If it hadnt been a coffee for the boss, I would have happily told her to shove it up her foam tap.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 25,417 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Another day started by crank calls from supposedly amazon employees..three of them in twenty minutes ffs, hopefully whomever is behind it gets arse cancer and dies roaring in front of their five year old, shittîng themselves to death... fûcking cûnts either that scenario or repeatedly run down by a combine harvester in front of their family, while shïtting themselves to death... with cancer.

just sick of it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,077 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I don't tend to go walking in beauty spots , which is why I've never seen these . I see plenty of nature at home. Strange fad! And yes , let it be as nature intended

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Health check has revealed an abnormal liver function so I'm on an enforced dry September to prove to the doctor that I'm not, in fact, an alcoholic.

Had this before and the last doctor was so dismissive with me and clearly didn't believe that I didn't have a bottle of vodka for breakfast I switched doctors. And I did her dry month at the time and the levels didn't change. But was this followed up by the NHS? Nah, they figured it was grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

I think it was started by the native americans, then the hippies and arty farty spiritual idiots started doing it and now everyone is at it. In the US they have been telling people for years to stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,077 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

And God forbid your new doctor should talk to your old one, or read the previous findings! I mean, they could lose face by asking, y'know?

Drives me nuts!!!

The tiredness 😴😴😴

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

He actually said to me on the phone, "so your liver function test has returned pretty high, do you have any idea why that might be?" and I thought to myself - for fcuk sake, you're the professional here, you tell me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

My neighbour has brought some guy round and he is destroying a guitar while they try to sing. It sounds like creatures being tortured. It's really loud as well. I've complained about them 5 times at least. There's no way I can concentrate on anything with this racket.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭3d4life

NAFLD say you !

Have you come across Bill Bryson's book 'The Body - a guide for occupants' ?

A readable and sane run down on most things medic

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Any chance you could record and post it, could do with a good laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My dog has gotten faaaaar to used to the WFH routine. She goes for a walk:

1. After my morning call

2. After lunch

3. After work

4. Before bed

She's gotten so used to these being at relatively set times because I'm not commuting, meeting people after work etc. that she starts getting downright antsy if I don't bring her out pretty much exactly when she expects it.

I needed to decompress for an hour or so after I logged off today and she has literally been pacing the sitting room like a caged tiger the entire time. I finally got annoyed enough to tell her to get into bed and she's in there now in literally the biggest sulk I've ever seen.

I didn't get to take my lunch til after 2 today and she was the exact same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The reality tv shows the missus watches. I came in home after doing a few jobs in the garage and she's watching some sh!te about make up on RTE2, I don't know who the woman presenting it is but her accent is awful. What annoys me most is contestants and their sob stories

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

One of them started crying because she finished in the bottom two. Identifies as "pan-sexual" of course. Another one of the contestants is from my home town and by all accounts is one of those diva-like gays and is generally an asshole towards everyone. I really do worry for this generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Lol, that's Leitrim's famous export Maura Higgins 🤣

Although with the name Maura Higgins, you'd expect her to be presenting a show like Nationwide not a fashion programme!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The accent wouldn't sound out of place bellowing around a mart

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Someone put a halt to it soon after! Nobody in their right mind could have listened to it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Selfish ignorant pricks stinking up the bus stop with tobacco smoke. I complained about one young lad at my stop in a previous post who immediately lights up a second smoke after finishing his first, I've come up with the nickname "Timmy two fags" for him. And the Segway Wheel smoker also who's new nickname is "Smoky Rollo"

Also when you're sitting in a pub having a quiet pint and a read or a chat and some bumhole with a guitar suddenly starts launching into a third rate version of Wonderwall.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,026 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Re: The pub guitar guy, that was my queue to leave. Wouldn't matter what I was there for, towards the end of my drinking days I couldn't stand them so I just left. But do keep us updated on Timmy 2Fags and Smoky Rollo (i'm guessing nothing like the Rollo from Vikings!)!

A dirty manky golf ball throat and stuffy stingy sinus with sore ear dose.

Now I know why I felt like shite for a few days. The bastid was brewing. Grrrrr 🤒🤧🥴

#manflu4eva

• Registered Users Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The annual leaving cert takeover of the news, media, radio.....it's begun.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

TA that woke up in a bad mood :(

• Advertisement

Yes, does any other country shyte on so much about a lead up to an exam, the exam itself and the results of said exam and interviews with students/parents/teachers?? Navel gazing insular media at its finest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement