Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Without going into too much detail my toilet needed a double flush and a bit of a cleaning with the toilet brush after I used it earlier. I must have brushed a little too hard though as a small bit of water splashed up and hit me in the mouth :(

Neptune’s Revenge. Can’t have been pleasant. Hope you’re ok.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Archeron wrote: »
    My toilet brush snapped during a vigorous toilet scrubbing.

I've broken 2 doing that!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

Whoever "Ben" is, I hope karma gets him. Such a lack of respect for an ancient monument like Loughcrew is disgusting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Neptune’s Revenge. Can’t have been pleasant. Hope you’re ok.

I've heard of Neptune's Kiss where the water splashes up and hits your bumhole but this is much worse!! :(

Anyway, today's TA is that I put a brand new glass cover onto my phone and I forgot to clean a smudge on the back of the cover before I put it on. Now my screen has an annoying little smudge on the top left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

WTF is it with kids having 2 extra days off alongside the BH weekend?
    TA they've barely had a chance to get adjusted after mid-term and wont be long till summer holidays. Ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Roz is great. I love the bones of her...:pac:

My trivial annoyance: I recently bought a new lawnmower, nothing too expensive. I've done the front garden twice with it so this evening decided to mow the back garden for the first time this year.

After 10 seconds, I was veering towards a certain area thinking "Stay away from there. The stump of that old rose bush is there" yet I just go closer and closer until CLUNK!!! Now, with a quarter of my garden done, I've bent the blade on my new lawnmower. :( It's still working but part of the cutting motion is slightly downwards instead of horizontal.

I did that twice with our new lawnmower. Bent the first blade, went and bought a replacement, bent the second blade. My husband took over then. I haven't mowed the lawn since which is fine by me.

TA for today is that the mains water is gone off for some unknown reason. Myself and my husband are both so antisocial that we had an argument over who would go ask the neighbours if theirs was off too. In the end, neither of us went and we just scowled at each other till we heard other neighbours coming out to ask each other. We are so ridiculous. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I did that twice with our new lawnmower. Bent the first blade, went and bought a replacement, bent the second blade. My husband took over then. I haven't mowed the lawn since which is fine by me.

Tactical incompetence - well done :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

Not on purpose but I was pleased with the outcome. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I did something similar once when I first moved in with a girlfriend. told her that the washing machine was too complicated and I couldn't understand how to use it. too many buttons and dials for me. that worked for a surprisingly long time. Especially surprising as I write software for a living.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Massive queues outside Primark in Northern Ireland as the shop re-opens. Can see another spike coming :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,269 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Queues for the mr whippy machine in filling stations in fine weather when all you want to do is pay for petrol and gtf out of there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

I got a B12 injection and it's made me edgy. My knee is sore too like an aching in it. I need to go out to buy a present for someone but I can't face driving with the edginess and mangled knee.

I get those injections every 3 months, so i know how you feel.
    Mind you just before i am due, I get really tired and lethargic.
    A right pain in the hoop!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,548 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I figured out I was given to much change in a shop well about €3 and I’m thinking did I put everything on the counter and if I go back now I know the person who served me will make it into a big issue.(She’s the manager)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I get those injections every 3 months, so i know how you feel.
    Mind you just before i am due, I get really tired and lethargic.
    A right pain in the hoop!

Oh yeah, without them I'm really exhausted. I'm just being topped up now and then it will be three months with just one injection. It's unreal how the lack of it can affect you. You can get very low mood and fatigued! No fun so I'm genuinely glad to get it.

Antares35 wrote: »
    Massive queues outside Primark in Northern Ireland as the shop re-opens. Can see another spike coming :(

There is no way these people are so desperate for a pair of knickers that they have to queue up at 5.30am for Primark. Gob****es. Hopefully our only saving grace will be that they're flying through the vaccinations up here. They've just started vaccinating the over 30's so another spike would hopefully be mitigated (a little) by that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Bate it straight with a hammer, be grand

Roz or the lawnmower? 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

TA'd that simply weighing yourself won't give you your weight - you have to do multiples and try to average/guesstimate it. I weighed myself before bed, and after getting up in the morning and there was a 2.5kg difference!

Clearly all this dieting and exercise is bollocks - I just need to sleep more!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,548 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I wouldn’t be to worried.
    People said the same last year when Penney’s and the shops reopened and there wasn’t a massive increase.
    Also the most vulnerable are fairly vaccinated so we won’t have the deaths or numbers in hospitals.

TA'd that simply weighing yourself won't give you your weight - you have to do multiples and try to average/guesstimate it. I weighed myself before bed, and after getting up in the morning and there was a 2.5kg difference!

Clearly all this dieting and exercise is bollocks - I just need to sleep more!
    Your weight first thing in the morning before eating is usually your true weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Your weight first thing in the morning before eating is usually your true weight.

Before or after a piss?

• Advertisement

Before or after a piss?

I'd say after your morning sit down on the throne but before food!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Getting to Tesco early, thinking I was smart, only to be confronted with 2 to 3 “online orders” being filled in each aisle. The amount of weaving and having to get the weird carts, they use, moved was a real pain.

Should be done at night, or early in the morning, when the shop is closed. Or at a time when others have to suffer and not when I’m there. Is that too much to ask?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm off until Thursday. Except I'm not really because I've to monitor the Business Post on Sunday for a client piece and keep an eye on another account on Tuesday because the Account Director is off too. Once again, there's absolutely nothing in my contract about being on call, nor do I get paid any kind of on call allowance.

Take it from your old aunt Dial Hard kids - never work in client service.

Part two of my consumer TAs today is morons queuing for egg chairs in Lidl. Someone tweeted she was delighted she got three. What? Why does one need three egg chairs? Can egg chairs not be got elsewhere at any time of the year? Is it just FOMO? Am I missing something?

I don't identity with these people...on any level. Sometimes I wonder if I'm Irish at all. Sometimes I wonder if I'm even human :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

TA I had to google 'egg chair' and I was in Lidl today :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

I wouldn’t be to worried.
    People said the same last year when Penney’s and the shops reopened and there wasn’t a massive increase.
    Also the most vulnerable are fairly vaccinated so we won’t have the deaths or numbers in hospitals.

I'm not too worried but I'll still be bunking down until August. I'm not vaccinated because someone has decided that a healthy 50 year old is more at risk than a pregnant 37 year old, and I read about covid related placentitis causing stillbirths, with some concern. Small numbers but I don't want my unborn baby to become a statistic. :(

I'm good for fluffy socks - I wonder if one can knit their own knickers :D

TA I had to google 'egg chair' and I was in Lidl today :D

I think they were sold out at 8am or something! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm not too worried but I'll still be bunking down until August. I'm not vaccinated because someone has decided that a healthy 50 year old is more at risk than a pregnant 37 year old, and I read about covid related placentitis causing stillbirths, with some concern. Small numbers but I don't want my unborn baby to become a statistic. :(

I'm good for fluffy socks - I wonder if one can knit their own knickers :D

Wolly kecks? Noooooo

Actually edit. You can buy underwear in Dunnes and places. They are around the aisles. I got socks last week.

TA that the vape shop in my local town is open. How is that essential when children's clothes and shoe shops aren't? My lad has busted the toe in his shoe and he tells me some class mates are wearing non uniform clothes to school because shops are shut to buy the proper gear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Somebody robbed my can of coke zero out of the fridge.
    Lat one and i put it on my own shelf.Im so fecking annoyed:mad:
    You cant have anything in this house.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement