Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Ended up losing my nice silver ring with sentimental value in the gym last night. I remember taking it off before I closed the locker but what I exactly done with it after that remains a complete blank 😔 I'm still on a downer today after losing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I don't get that though. I'm fully aware that I'm not gods gift to women, so I wouldn't pose for a photo with a pal who was more handsome . It's a dog eat dog world out there !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭Archeron

Big fat ass land rovers with lights so bright they scorch your eyes out as their beams of solar doom wash over your car. If your headlights are so bright you can hear them, they're too fukcing bright.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

The update they done to this site this evening. Everything is wide on Desktop. Look atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Got blinded tonight walking the dog, held my arm over my face from some distance and they kept the lights up, definitely saw me, and they were in a lit up area. Might start carrying a mirror with me. 🤬 That's way beyond TA for me. I feel like throwing a rock through some of their windows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,308 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The two dirty dumb cûnts at the gym...

DC #1 : ” look, we still need to sanitize the machines after we use the machines I think.. “ ( as if the pandemic disappeared since their last visit )

DC #2 : ” yes but everyone here will be vaccinated and we missed out on the cross trainers last time doing that, remember we were sanitizing the treadmills and two guys jumped on, come on... look there are...ok, hahaha”

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Dreams about teeth. Had a dream last night that bits of two of my teeth fell out. I went to my dentist but he told me he had retired but would see me anyway. while i'm waiting for him to do something more of my teeth start falling out. when I spat the teeth in my hands they were bits of stone and my teeth were still in my head. rinse and repeat this a few times. the dentist never actually treated me. I hate dreams about teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Huh. In athlone, a covid spreading kip of a resturant that were serving take away pints to tracksuit wearing vermon during the pandemic have actually built and outdoor dining area at the pedestrian crossing outside.. you can't even see the round flashing light pole on that side. The pedestrian is 3 foot on the crossing before a driver can see them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Be right back

Noisy drilling work going on next door when I am working nights and trying to sleep. Marvellous timing, I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I haven't had a starling in my garden in months. Put suet balls in the feeding station yesterday and they're back in swarms, bullying all my little Robins and finches and sparrows away 🤬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I hate the Beemers with 'angry face' headlamps, usually stuck up your jaxie with impatience to overtake.

Cyclists that rely on my lights to be seen at night. Baffles me why anyone would be on the road with no lights on their bike or themselves. Dick head was wearing a high viz..but his big back pack was covering it

They lose their life, I lose my no claims bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

two factor authentification when trying to buy stuff online is a right pain in the ass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Got my new card from Permanent TSB this morning. Fine. The old one expires this month and I'm heading away soon, but wait until the middle of the month to send it. Says in the letter that you can activate online or at an ATM. Hoorah! Logged into Open24, activated card (two sets of passwords plus phone verification), only to get a message that I have to use it in an ATM before I can use online or contactless payments. W.T.F.!!! So I have to trek into town to get an ATM now anyway!

🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I left for work just before 8 this morning (cycling). Nice bright morning. As soon as I get onto the road, most the cars still have their lights on, blinding me. It's daytime! The main thing it does for me is make it harder to see pedestrians crossing the road or other non-blinding road users.

Lights are good on cars at night. Really useful

They're recommended during the day too

In Denmark..a very pro cycling nation, its compulsory to drive with lights on during the day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Beginning the process of selling my house. Had the photographer out this morning and I am wrecked. I never realised how much crap I own. Every drawer and cupboard is just stuffed with random bits and pieces and I'm too tired now to get them all back out. And sure why would I if there's gonna be strangers traipsing through the house next week?

I don't even wanna sell. I just want to buy my dream house. Anyone wanna lend me a few hundred thousand?

SMH that is so wrong. Would they scratch a vinyl record before selling it? (Probably.. fuppin' heathens!)

My TA concerns the thread title that begins 'Michael D Higgins insists he is President of Ireland' as though there is something odd or exceptional about his 'insistence' on this matter. It jars. Not as much as Ernest Hemmingway, but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Bredabe

98fm have changed their daytime slots, now Barry Dunne is on an hour later! This means that if I remember to turn over from 104 I get confused as they both have women on and I think I've not switched channel.

Somehow I have become the NI expert for the British office, like I know anymore about it that RTE does!

People who have information I need are sooo slow to respond to requests for that information.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

OK last meeting rant of the week, I promise. But not only is my secondment company ridiculously fond of meetings either side of and during lunch, it also turns out they absolutely LOVE Friday meetings. I've had three so far and have another before lunch.

Clearly nobody ever told these people that Fridays are NOT FOR MEETINGS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

When people have very little “actual” work to do they love to have meetings either side of lunch. They make the day go much quicker and you can justify it because you can say you were swamped with meetings.

Anyone who arranges 9am, 12-2pm or 4-5pm meetings should be reprimanded. Anything before lunch on a Monday and after lunch on a Friday should receive a written warning.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Fecking hiccups wasn’t laughing, can of cider might have something to do with it. Logged on here to type ‘fecking hiccups’. Then I read a few comments on this thread which made me laugh- exacerbating the hiccups. Took another 10 minutes to calm down.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,308 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The man-child neighbor of mine who is about 40 - 42 years old decides on a quiet and tranquil Friday night at 8.30pm to start setting off some kind of fireworks or bangers out his back... most people that age actually outgrow that craic about 25 years ago...

Went to the cinema last night and annoyed at the mess people leave behind them.

On the topic of TSB above - got a Statement of Charges recently....a few Euro - no harm - but TA, no interest.. ☹️

On the high-vis topic, used to have to walk home on a main road.. TA wearing a high vis seemed like an invitation to drivers to keep their beams on for as long as possible (almost felt entitled to do so, I presume) until they discerned who, or what was causing the 'illumination' (and this was a road with a hard shoulder too!) 😦 Kernts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭sporina

when you smell a cologne that an ex use to wear.. and you would rather not be reminded of him.. ekk..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Cycling home last night and I always stick to a cycle lane when one is available (otherwise I'll stick to as far left as possible) and I had to awkwardly veer myself away from the lane onto the main road, with traffic needing to slow down behind me to let me out - why?? because some bastard in a 7-seater taxi decided it was a good idea to drop his customer off, and stop, on the cycling lane.

Another TA about cycling that bugs me is when I do have to use the road, that drives road-users insane for some reason, and they try to overtake me on an already packed road.

Both these TAs have funny outcomes.

The first funny outcome was; when I cycled past the taxi, there wasn't much I could do to vent my frustration except vigorously ding my bell about 10 times as I went by 😂 Must've sounded ridiculous.

The second funny outcome was; when drivers think they have the upper hand on me by overtaking me in busy traffic (ultimately not even being more than 5 ft in front of me, getting them nowhere) they forget I have the option to jump onto an empty pavement eventually, and laugh as they're still sitting at red lights. It's made even funnier when the overtaking person revs his engine like he's lost his temper.

Yea. Arseholes that haven't the manners to at least make an attempt clean up after themselves in McDonald's or Supermacs get under my skin. They seem to think the young lad working there traveled thousands of miles from central Africa to clean their **** up for 10 quid an hour.

Pricks

They must have been dragged up instead of being brought up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

I’d forgotten how annoying people can be in the cinema, sitting behind u COUGHING !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement