Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

TA at either fqd up or 'extra sensitive' smoke detectors in the cubicles of train toilets... Was barely in one 5 seconds once before alarm goes off.... Decided to 'abort mission' ,or wait a bit until the ringing subsided.... Less than 10 seconds later some kernt comes down, all gung-ho and entitled, rapping on the door with either a wedding ring or a coin.. Opened the door and I tell him I weren't smoking (I wasn't).... Kernt,,, Didn't even look at me as he passed me when I got back to my seat,,, Fqr even had the temerity to ask me did I manage to 'complete' (in so many words) , after me (rightfully) fking him and the shambolic setup, out of it, in the immediate 'aftermath' 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Another jacks TA. Those cnuts of wash hand basin taps that shut off the water the very second you get your hands under it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Had a fancy for Bombay mix this evening, assumed they were readily available almost everywhere. 4 Supermarkets later I gave up. Got some weird spicy hard and shiny stuff called Forest Feast, which seems to be mainly rice crackers and some hard stuff coated with a sugar glaze and chilli powder. Hard enough to break teeth too.

Where are the Bombay Mixes?

Headache 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Occasionally, I find solace in writing my own review for advertised products in the comments below. My reviews are usually a little negative bordering on slanderous. Of course I'm aware people are not seeing the same ads depending on location and most people who read them must think I'm slightly unstable.

• Advertisement

That new ad on the radio for the train with yer man putting on that stupid voice. So annoying.

Also the Hyundai ad with yer one speaking in such a dead monotone voice I imagine her speaking without a single feature on her face moving at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Chapters bookshop closing down. Was there last month and the upstairs section was closed, didn’t think the rest of the shop would follow. Terrible news.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Dramatik

When you find clothes that you really like but you know they aren't suitable for the Irish climate. For instance, you find a nice jacket but there's no hood on it or a nice pair of shoes but you know the second it rains they will transform into two water logged sponges attached to your feet 😤

• Registered Users Posts: 25,307 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

there is a new and modern looking shop / small supermarket next to the gym I go to which I usually pop into to grab drinks and maybe something for dinner, the deals are great and I go on my way home... but when I go to the tills to pay I have to enter the narrowest of product mazes with confectionary and all sorts hanging off rails both sides and you can hardly get yourself through without getting your basket or your person or both snagged and hooked on said rails and or products and you or your purchases nearly going arse over cerebellum all over the place... absolute idiots...outside of that’s it’s not easy to navigate as they have ‘islands’ or stands with displays in the middle of aisles making it impossible to bypass anyone standing loading products into a basket at the freezer cabinets for example or as seems to be with some muppets as I saw yesterday just jawing between the Halloween decor and the bread, no fûcker can move... why ??? Ideas from the money men who think ‘yes’ it’s probably a H&S issue but the more products we jam in there the more money we make......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I meant to put that Train ad on here about a week ago and got sidetracked. It's really bad.. Not the actual advert. as that has been done a million times before - supposed to sound like a 1930's advert. They could have at least paid they extra few quid and got a decent voice actor. The guy doing it is atrocious. Really really bad.

• Advertisement

^^^

@Strumms

A bit like Supervalu (and perhaps many other shops too) .... Bad enough (but understandable) with the tall trolleys (at least they're for shelf-stacking purposes) blocking aisles, but having those 'islands' , often with bottles of water or coca cola on them, in the middle of aisles; wtf the point of them is, I do not know ☹️

TA : site updates... Was looking at the irishracing one (Wednesday night iirc) , and it was down until midday the next day (for updates)... Hasn't been the same since... Seems to be about 45 minutes 'behind' from the 'start' of the day's racing before they have the results of the earliest races in..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Irish voiceovers are usually terrible when they put on 'funny' accents or faking foreign accents.

That fertility clinic one starts the ad with a Yankee twang and ends with her own accent.

Another lad putting on a hopeless Spanish accent because Centra or whoever are having a Spanish wine sale. Amazingly, no Spanish people can be found in Ireland to do voiceover work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Our house appears to have been assaulted by a swarm of flying daddy long legs this past week. They're everywhere. What is going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Awful gobshites worked here over the year. i remember one twat complaining loudly because I removed all the dvd cases with my hand from a shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

TA that I have a box full of CD jewel cases. These were my pride and joy when I was a teenager and took most of the money I earned at the time. Now it is time to get rid of them but I don't want to. The CDs themselves migrated to a CD book about a decade ago.

I have another box of DVDs which I collected over time. A good bit of asian horror that was hard to get over here. Again time to get rid :(

I don't even own a DVD player any more ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Irritated at my boss.

I cover sport for my local paper, and more or less have no qualms were the editor sends me over a weekend. Generally love the gig, even if it can be unsociable. Of the rest of the reporters, I am the only one strongly involved with a GAA club (committee member and other roles), and over the last couple of years if the editor didn't put me down to cover their matches, he would accommodate it so I could go to watch our game and go to a match elsewhere afterwards.

This weekend we have a do-or-die match, with one double-header clashing with it at the same time. There is one stand alone fixture later the same day that I could have easily made after our game without any difficulty, but instead he has rostered me in for the double-header clashing with our game instead.

About a month ago, we lost a hugely important club member, and on the day of his funeral I was sent to a match despite me having to be there for a guard of honour etc, while literally any of the other lads could have covered it (he made sure he could go to the funeral himself of course).

Now I suppose I can't complain as it is a cushy number, and I don't want to risk being black-listed for calling him out, but I do feel like I am being treated poorly.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

No harm in asking him to switch and see what answer you get. Try and say it in a casual 'nice' manner. Probably easier said than done. If it was me I would pull a sicky. 24 hour bug was worried etc.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

This broke my heart when I heard it earlier. A sad, sad loss indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Mr Price sometimes has them and look for a local health food or Asian shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

In my latest move of house, I've lost my coat. Not any coat. You could have worn this to the South Pole and you'd have to unzip it , it was that warm 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 13,970 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Fupping End of fupping Year Self fupping Review...

And this year, they've ensured that the training on how to complete it is no longer available. Yes, I'll just remember exactly how to complete this horribly designed terribly explained system that I use 3 times a year. And this affects my bonus!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

A big annoyance for me (this should possibly be in a different thread!) is that god damn lotto ad "I always said winning the lotto would never change me", jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭spookwoman

and the guy flicking his speedos and flashing his hairy hole to the street 🤢

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Case in point: Uggs. They're designed for dry Australian winters, not our six month season of rainy wind and windy rain. The amount of young wans I've seen dragging them around, sopping wet and waterlogged up to the shins.

They're hideous anyway, but they look even more stupid when they've taken on four times their own volume in dirty water.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I've had a very, very, very sore leg since the vaccine. Fine, it'll pass, I thought. This morning I woke up with an incredible pain inside my ankle joint, like a red hot nail stuck into it. I can move my foot lightly left and right and I can "point" my heel, but if I try and extend my foot, "point" my toes or rotate the foot in any way, I scream. Time to have a chat with the GP, methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

It's yer wan going down the water slide going "Do you want anything from the shop??" in an irritatingly shrill voice which annoys me every time I see the ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Decided to grab a pizza. So waiting in the car. God weekend radio is desperate 😡

or I’m just old !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,495 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People who ask when do the clocks go back/forward? every year.

It's the last Sunday of the month.

It's not like it's Easter when it changes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement