Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

trying to order 2 pairs of regular mens trousers in 2 different colours online and when I find the colours I want theyre either slim fit or the regular fit is out of stock. slim fit really pisses me off

• Registered Users Posts: 25,302 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

i would but after this week I’d be tempted to drink it myself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I had the flu vaccination this morning. Now I'm tired achey and cranky.

Second TA. Living in a place with crappy mobile and internet. Log on to internet banking on the laptop, wait for security code text. By the time that happens I'm timed out and have to start again. Or vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Fireworks still going off nearly a week later.

The dogs are having a horrid time all week

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

Aw the poor dogs. TA that people who let off fireworks don't understand how much the noise upsets dogs and cats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Heavy traffic and ar*eholes that try to force their way in front from a lane on the other side of the road. Had one today behind me and forced traffic inc a bus to squeeze past by moving into the lane slightly. Oh and her car was also up on the footpath so pedestrians and so move around her. Then there are the other special people who stop in yellow boxes on roundabouts blocking people getting out and turning right. I hope they end up in hell with hot pokers up are ar*es for eternity and up until then they get infected bleeding piles on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Static electricity. For some reason everything I touch today gives me a shock. Probably more of a TA for my cat than myself

• Registered Users Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Stuck at a Rathmines bus stop because, 500m down the road, some delivery rider came off his scooter, possibly in a collision. That’s not my TA, though: I have loads of time to observe passing cyclists, some making deliveries.

Some dressed all in black, nothing reflective. Some with no lights, or just a red rear light. You just cycled past some poor soul getting scraped off the tarmac by an ambulance crew, yet you’re wearing AirPods, or watching your phone while riding with one hand.

Didn’t a cyclist die after riding in to a pole, a few days ago, just down the road in Ranelagh? FFS.

edit: and some muppet on an electric scooter just whizzed past on the pavement, narrowly missing an elderly couple.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

Had similar happen, yer wan just was not listening. Butter on yer roll? No thanks. Slathers butter. No onion, please. Adds onion. Etc.

Got a prepacked wrap and left the roll on a shelf.

It is what it's.

The guy had to as part of his job had to install a switch on the wall, a nice chrome dial but the useless **** has the box it’s recessed in about 10 - 15 degrees off level, lopsided... a pair of working eyes or the cop on to use a spirit level would have alleviated that fück up not putting up with that and thankfully neither is his employer.

• Advertisement

Also that it lets you believe that you can thank yourself but then you can't.

I find the thought of thanking myself just as cringworthy as anyone else but sometimes it has to be done and I would like the option to do that, thank you (to myself).

Aye,, tis a crying shame that,,, you can't react to your own post, according to the computer... possibly one for feedback that.. should only be used sparingly tho - perhaps a while to reflect on one's composition before giving it the "thumbs up" 😊

TA tesco's range of microwaveable foodstuff.. It's mainly the spaghetti/pasta based products; but, used to be it were a case of "piercing film lid several times" and putting it on at full power for 4-5 minutes in microwave.. In times past, in 70%+ of these products, the cooking of same was pretty simple, and not at all messy,, now, it seems that more and more of these foodstuffs (which never was the case before) now require extra attention... "Stir halfway through" is now written on more and more of these.. A gratuitous inconvenience imo... 😒 But, being mainly a stickler, insofar as hygiene et al is concerned, regarding the preparation of food; I, like a fool go along with it 😢

• Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I need to fart , but I'm afraid to. Maybe more for the etiquette thread 😠

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Just remember farts don't have lumps, the ones you are afraid of if they do "pop" out the there is the TA of of having to check you underwear after them.

Oh I'm well aware of that. That's what's scaring me !!

The fact that there's no close account option for a user on the new boards platform. Very odd.

Can someone enlighten as to what new fangled way this must be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Dramatik

When someone asks "so what do you do?" And then they instantly switch off when you start to tell them.

You make me have to explain my job to someone for the millionth time and now you're not even listening to my answer!

How I feel right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

How impossible it is ordering something in a coffee shop in the current climate while wearing a mask, with a partition between you and the staff and music blaring, without having to repeat your order at least once. I find volume levels difficult to achieve with those damn masks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,827 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Whats worse is the stupid amount of different coffees,different milks etc these days. Anytime I've to pick up one for herself I hate the "what kind of milk do you want" question, I always think to myself "from a ******* cow". If the missus is going in she'll ask if I want anything, I don't drink coffee so unless they sell lyons or Barry's tea it's a no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,696 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Overdramatic RTE News Now 'Entertainment' headlines.

Threw on RTE News Now to hear a bit of the news.

Side banner on right -

'Entertainment - Lottie Ryan speaks out about drink spiking incident'

Me: 'Ah Jayus - Poor Lottie'

Grey ticker thing at the bottom of the screen soon adds further details -

'Entertainment - Lottie Ryan reveals she and her younger sister Bonnie revealed they were left 'hanging to a wall' in a drink spiking incident - ten years ago.

Me: - 'TEN years ago? - Feck off - Lottie'

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,696 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

When you get to a certain age you can never trust a fart.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Week 2 of my Cold. Haven't slept much the last 2 nights I've been coughing so much. Such a thoughtful gift for my mate to give me. 😢

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭sporina

one of our neighbours has their house done up like something out of Lapland grrr... since the weekend.. ffs..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Went to Liverpool over the weekend. Left some clothes out to dry and forgot to move them to my room. This morning one of my housemates complained to the landlord. He had my number, like and we get on well. FFS.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Gym at a health and fitness facility I attend... great place, great frontline staff really but a dirty tissue left on a ledge beside the buttons that operate the lift, for the last about two weeks,... the same dirty tissue in exactly the same place...reasonable to assume no cleaning or sanitizing.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You really should have teleported them, ancapailldorcha. It was very inconsiderate of you not to do so, all the way from Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

My boss sent me an invite today to a meeting tomorrow about giving me a heads-up about something that’s going to get announced to the whole company on Wednesday.

Only clues are that it’s “nothing ominous” and she invited one other manager. Including me, there’s 6 managers that report to her. No idea why the other 4 aren’t included

Why couldn’t she just tell me what it is today?

Why would he ring your landlord? Teachers pet going sir sir !

• Advertisement

Twice today I've caught something out of the corner of my eye, running on the floor, from under the sofa. I think 😡

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement