Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclists, insurance and road tax

Options
1596061626365»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,334 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

carfinder wrote: »
    My own opinion is that many cyclists get a smug superiority complex once they get on a bike. It gets very Orwellian - "two wheels good, four wheels bad" territory.

This is entirely in your own head.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 CHESSMUTANT

Trekker09 wrote: »
    I call bull**** on you being a cyclist.
    Ditto for his claims of being a motorcyclist. His tonedeaf ****aboutery in the Motorbike forum doesn't support his claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭carfinder

You're out of your depth and making an absolute fool out of yourself. :D

Too much pent up aggression, think you need to take up a hobby ;)

Getting even lamer - take your beating and stop making a fool of yourself

I've no idea what your point is here and in your other posts.

You seem to be calling the cyclist cowardly in this instance for engaging with the driver.

But then in other posts you give out about cyclists being "aggressive" for engaging with drivers and tell them to only report issues to the guards.

I'm confused. Is the cyclist in this one of your stories an "aggressive coward" :confused:

What point are you trying to make about cyclists?? I think there is some serious generalizations being made. You don't know me, my mother and my sister. We are all cyclists but I wouldn't describe any of us as being a coward or being aggressive. We are just regular people doing what we do on bikes....or sometimes on buses and trains......and sometimes cars too (except my mother who doesn't drive - but my Dad does......oh and he cycles too, from time to time, as a 76 yr old).

I guess you could say we are a bit of a cycling family......but definitely not aggressive cycling cowards.
    Your family don't interest me in the slightest and you posting about your family here is odd to say the least. I hope you don't feel the urge to detail other aspects of their everyday living :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Shouldn't you be getting back to work? I'm sure Quantico are missing their top profiler :D

• Advertisement

Shouldn't you be getting back to work? I'm sure Quantico are missing their top profiler :D

I'm sure that sounded funny in your head but you are firmly in the realm of sore loser now :eek:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I didn't think it was possible but this thread has managed to become even more stupid.
    It"s way past time for it to be put down!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

There was a time trolls could at least have been good. It's a lost art

But I think I'm giving you a bit too much credit. You came here balls swinging thinking you had it all in the bag, were shown to be the fool you are, and are now trying to save face pretending it was a jape all along.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Generally aggressive exchanges like the one I witnessed on Saturday where a cyclist on the footpath starting banging on a car exiting a Service station. He thought better of it when the drivers boyfriend/husband jumped out of the passenger seat and the cyclist retreated like the coward he is.

Doesn't really make the cyclist look like someone with an aggressive superiority complex, in fairness. Did the driver not check that the footpath was clear before exiting the service station?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,552 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I didn't think it was possible but this thread has managed to become even more stupid.
    It"s way past time for it to be put down!

Agreed

I'm sure we'll be back in our respective corners in another 6 months or so

In the meantime thread closed to avoid further damage to participants

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement