Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer/Gossip 23/24 - [New Thread Available]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Rashford couldn't beat an egg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Rashford has been terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

They’ve been wasting time since the 15th minute, I don’t know how I always forget how insufferable Spanish teams are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Just knew we were going to concede from a set piece ffs

A set piece coach should be 1st priority this summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Rashford has been terrible.

Would James be any better?
    Very little attacking options on the bench.

Maybe Pogba could get moved left and Matic on in midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

paulbok wrote: »

Along with a replacement for lindelof!

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Ref's nickname must be Bertie Bassett because he's letting them away with all sorts

Ah here. Cavani made an absolute meal of a nothing tackle, and then gave a way a stupid foul that he should have been booked for. It's going both ways, they're just better at it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

Crowd the box and win a pen is our best/only hope of an equaliser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

A set piece coach is worthless if they are coaching players who are caught flat footed consistently on balls into the box....and are also afraid to put their bodies on the line while defending.
    Here’s looking at you Victor and Luke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,346 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

irishchris wrote: »
    Refreshing to see though! More passion needed to get us out of this one ole!!

It would be refreshing to see him sort out set pieces!

He needs to surround himself with some coaches that really know their stuff in a few key areas this summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

irishchris wrote: »
    Along with a replacement for lindelof!

Inter in dire financial straits. Skriniar could be available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Greenwood has been fantastic

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Final ball from Rashford terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

AWB seems to be getting a lot of the ball. Not the man you want with it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

We’ve finally started to wake up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,595 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Relieved to get in to half time just one down.... hairdryer on full please Ole!

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

PARlance wrote: »
    It would be refreshing to see him sort out set pieces!

He needs to surround himself with some coaches that really know their stuff in a few key areas this summer.

Start with the Villarreal defensive coach, a 4 containing Foyth and Albiol and they're impenetrable :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Rashford's generosity must have peaked, cause he contributed fcuk all that half. Greenwood the best utd player on the field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭piplip87

Can Telles play on the right? His assist numbers where ridiculous in Portugal, Wan Bisakka fantastic defender but can't cross his legs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

BenK wrote: »

Was just about to say it......so much ball has gone out to him. But he'll never take on the FB. Just turns in on his left every time.
    So predictable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭crushproof

Greenwood sparking a bit of life into a lacklustre performance. Where is the creativity to break them down? Zero movement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Rashford has been shocking and Bruno has been invisible.
    Cavaini working hard but gave away a stupid free kick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

These players need a serious kick up the hole at half time.

Bar Greenwood it’s been flat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Dave0301

We will have plenty of possession in the 2nd half, but unless the ball is moved quicker, it will be more of the same.

Would like to say that this is an unpleasant surprise, but it is mirroring how most of our games have played out this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,346 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Still can't get over that high line for the free. Was shouting at the TV before it was even kicked.

An open invitation for them to attack it.

I guess it protects DDG from the high ball.

piplip87 wrote: »
    Can Telles play on the right? His assist numbers where ridiculous in Portugal, Wan Bisakka fantastic defender but can't cross his legs

He crosses his legs every time he enters an opponent's half

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

2nd Half FC one more time ? :pac:

Biggest half time team talk of Ole's career. Need better from Rashford, Shaw & Pogba. Cavani is getting no service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

Still think we'll win this, Villarreal be shattered in the last 20 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Villareal are ridiculously compact and deep. Going a goal down as a result of a silly free kick is bit of a disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Too many players playing the occasion and not the opposition. Turning back too often when we've isolated 1v1 out wide.

Last 15 mins were better. These will tire playing like this. Just need to keep our heads and move the ball quickly.

Goal was a disgrace again. Need to hire a set piece coach. The line was all over the shop again. Massive arc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

xtal191 wrote: »
    Still think we'll win this, Villarreal be shattered in the last 20 minutes

Shattered from what? They are staying compact and not exactly busting a lung on the counter.

But I agree, I think we can still win it. We've been better when the chips have been down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Lindelof just let's us down time after in the big games.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Going into the Europa League final with the game plan of playing 11 fvcking men behind the ball is a tactic that deserves to fail.

From a more pragmatic perspective, Emery has done his job impeccably.

He knows we're useless defending set pieces and that letting us have the ball is a good tactic against us particularly with the type of disciplined defensive performance they've managed so far.

Ole is being out coached. My big concern with our starting 11 was all 3 of our available strikers starting. With his injury issues I'd have left Rashford on the bench to give us a boost from the 70 minute mark.

Right now we're huffing and puffing and they're expending very little energy with that compact defensive shape with the 11 men in their own half practically all the time.

We need to let them have the ball in the second half, play them at their own game because there's no space available so far.

Huge 45 for this club coming up.

Glazers Out!

2nd Half FC one more time ? :pac:

Biggest half time team talk of Ole's career. Need better from Rashford, Shaw & Pogba. Cavani is getting no service

Jesus, harsh on Pogba I think no? One of few players playing well I felt.

BenK wrote: »

That's their plan, funnel the play out to the right with AWB left as the spare man.

Reminds me of when the ball always found Neville in loads of space due to him being the worst of United's attacking outlets, now obviously he was a fair bit better than AWB in an attacking sense, but usually the right back is left free for a reason.

• Advertisement

Still can't get over that high line for the free. Was shouting at the TV before it was even kicked.

Will take a look at it now but was it one of these "lets use the edge of the box as our line even though that's not the optimal line" situation.

Nope, it was much higher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Jesus, harsh on Pogba I think no? One of few players playing well I felt.

Do me a favour and watch him shadow the opposition player when United have the ball. Point at where to pass the ball rather than try to show for it and do something himself. A cowardly performance as usual.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Shattered from what? They are staying compact and not exactly busting a lung on the counter.

But I agree, I think we can still win it. We've been better when the chips have been down!

Yep, we're not exactly bombarding them with wave after wave of penetrating ingenuity.

Need to up the tempo big time for 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

We can’t play against packed defences and our set piece defending always lets us down.

We aren’t going to create trying to play around them. We don’t have it in the team. It’s been proven time and time again.

The only way to break these down is by running at them and committing players or playing the ball early.

Otherwise we could be there til the cows come home and not score. Hopefully the late couple of forays by Greenwood have shown the way.

What an awful goal to concede but no surprise. We’ve been conceding them with Maguire in the side too.

The ultra high line is grand if you have a keeper that likes to come for the ball but De Gea never leaves his line. He wasn’t at fault for the goal but I fail to see the reason for such a high line.

Only half time and only one down. It looks an uphill struggle but we have seen this team turn it round before. Villarreal are very disciplined but I can’t see them doing it for 90 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Wonder if Damien Delaney would take the role?

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »
    Do me a favour and watch him shadow the opposition player when United have the ball. Point at where to pass the ball rather than try to show for it and do something himself. A cowardly performance as usual.

Disagree and you're literally the last person I will ever have a debate with on Pogba.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

Villareal are a very average team. They are offering very little in an attacking sense. This half of football feels like an important moment for this team and management. Need to step up.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Lindelof just let's us down time after in the big games.

Shaw and Bailley let the man run by them. Why is shaw not getting a kicking for watching his man run between 2 players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Horrible game to watch.

Fingers crossed we do the business in the second half.

I hope it's some dodgy decision that wins it for us, it's horrible watching park the bus football in a final.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Disagree and you're literally the last person I will ever have a debate with on Pogba.

Sound, as usual people in here just ignore the points made to get a cheap dig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

How slow is their left back. Need to draw him out and get Greenwood running at him.

Bruno may aswell be go home now if he’s not going to get involved. Standing up front is useless.

Rashford as usual is muck but will do something every half an hour to make himself worthy of a game.

McTominay……… he’s there, I think.

The most shocking thing was how inline they were, so they'd obviously worked on it a fair bit cause we know they struggle to keep a line!

No, it was completely ridiculous and definitely to protect De Gea you would imagine. I love Dave but still hope this is his swansong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

Mars Bar wrote: »

They played the same against Madrid on Sat, and they looked knackered in the last 10/15 minutes. Pretty sure its almost the exact same 11 or very close, we've had a nice free weekend unlike them.

I'll honestly be surprised if we don't go on to win this

Weepsie wrote: »
    Shaw and Bailley let the man run by them. Why is shaw not getting a kicking for watching his man run between 2 players.

I agree with this. Don't fully blame Lindelof for that

Liam O wrote: »
    You say this week in, week out and I never see it.

He literally did the exact opposite of this in the run up to the goal.

Thought Pogba has been one of our better performances. Partly because he's seeing a lot of the ball. Imagine if it was Fred playing there instead.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement