Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer/Gossip 23/24 - [New Thread Available]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Great point.

They actually would even you think about it. Especially with no trophies already.

For me it's been an awful season

That CL exit really pissed me off big time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭BenK

De Gea has to be open to criticism. It looked like penos could have continued until tomorrow and he wouldn't have saved one. His record is appalling. Obviously he's not the main reason we lost.

pjohnson wrote: »
    I think I said it last month that Rashford was starting to look burned out. Hasnt been proper for between 18-20 months, maybe the odd flash of life but mostly trudging through the motions.

The decline is possibly terminal at this point :(

Time to starting incinerating Greenwood instead I guess.

His penalty was pure class from someone running on fumes though. He needs no football for two months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭crushproof

All this talk of needing a bigger squad on BT.

We lost against the 7th best team in La Liga with a significantly inferior team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Ole is rightfully getting criticisms but think Rio is on the money too.

Nothing really from Bruno, Rashford, Pogba.
    Cost us.

Yeh, I think the starting 11 should of been enough to win the game. Villareal sat back and countered basically, had no pressure on them and did well for what they did. I would be interested to know how much of a drop in quality the subs were to their first team starters. All good and well pointing to all their subs, but if the quality of those subs weren’t too different to what was on the pitch it was a no brainer.

Don’t think Ole had a great night and he deserves criticism. I’m not so sure I’d be confident with any coach having to use that bench to squeeze a win in a tight game , but a fair counter would be that a better coach would prob win with the starting 11.

We need more quality options up front. We could of actually changed a lot of the back 6 without too much disruption to quality. But There was not one forward/attacking/inventive player on that bench who a top European side would be happy to have to help bail them out in a top European tie. Villareal were the underdogs, don’t try and compare Uniteds bench to them unless that’s where you want Uniteds level to be.

Ole or no Ole, they need at least 3 quality signings, preferably at least 2 quality forwards. Or we will end up in eternal building , relying on Amad, pellistri, like we have been over relying on martial and Rashford. I’m sick of the club constantly pushing the young player sh*te. Look at what Cavani and Zlatan did. This squad doesn’t need more youth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

His penalty was pure class from someone running on fumes though. He needs no football for two months

He needs a manager who gives him breathing time too, we've been running on empty for weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Zidane and Conte are officially free!

We need a proven winner. Can't keep passing over these winners for Ole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

my man, liverpool won a CL with Origi and milner coming on off the bench. you deal with the hand you are given. id have sympathy for the point if it was 2019 and he was dealing with andreas as the only option. the idea that vdb mata james or diallo are this bad is something else. most clubs dont have spectacular depth outside of chelsea/city

I'm not talking about liverpool or Chelsea or city my man, I'm only concerned about how bare and lacking of quality our squad is. Remember one thing this is the Europa league not the champions league.

crushproof wrote: »

We lost against the 7th best team in La Liga with a significantly inferior team!

No one is even mentioning the fact Donny was tearing it up in the CL, comes to us and looks Championship level.

Pussyhands wrote: »

Half the fan base would want Conte gone after 6 weeks, I dont watch enough La liga to comment Zidane

• Advertisement

crushproof wrote: »

Bang on but Villarreal has a proper manager at this level who knows how to win this competition and he's team tonight were really organized and they knew exactly want they needed to do to win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,463 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

duffman13 wrote: »
    He needs a manager who gives him breathing time too, we've been running on empty for weeks

Same story every year under Ole.

We can be guaranteed of the same thing at the end of next season, although I don't expect we'll have things as easy as this year. It could be really bad next year if he doesn't get his act together.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

If Van de Beek isn't on the phone to his agent to get him the **** out of the club I'd be amazed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Time to cash in on Pogba and sign Neves and Bissouma

I think those 2 could work in midfield

Get in a top cb to partner Maguire (I don't know what cb but they gotta be quick)

Also need some competition for left wing, Rashford is goosed, looks like he has been carrying an injury for a year or 2....Cant play every game.

I'd sign someone like Grealish for left wing and let the others fight for right wing spot as I havnt seen much of Sancho

A striker is needed as well as Cavani won't play every game. Could just be a backup option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Might be better going after Ralf Ragnick.

°°°°°

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Might be better going after Ralf Ragnick.

The Glazers have been in contact with Billy Davies this evening I understand.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Yeah just like the "proven winners" we employed in Jose and LVG and look how that turned out. Jesus some fans have short memories

°°°°°

Yeah just like the "proven winners" we employed in Jose and LVG and look how that turned out. Jesus some fans have short memories

At this stage a manager who has proven he can rotate his squad properly would be an improvement.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Vdb should hand in a transfer request in the morning. For Ole to go 120 mins and not use him, when so many were playing poorly, shows old has no faith in him.

Start over somewhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

Not a chance Ole goes. We came second in the league and qualified for CL. Job done as far as the owners are concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Ole has had as much time as them and done worse.

Ole is not good enough. It's clear as day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

I'd say if we were able to sign Darmian, Young, Sanchez and Lukaku, Conte might win us the league ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

The must annoying thing tonight is that the Ole Out brigade are just going to rub each other raw for the whole summer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

you are deluded and beyond help then. have a good one

I think deluded is someone who thinks we have quality on our bench. I intend to have a good one. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

I'm not a utd fan, so won't pretend I'm not happy with that loss.

But you'se lost that game when solksjaer decided to "throw" the Leicester game, which in turn killed any momentum you'se had going into the final stretch of the season.

Pathetic manager, here's hoping he gets an extended contract

• Advertisement

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Time to cash in on Pogba and sign Neves and Bissouma

I think those 2 could work in midfield

Get in a top cb to partner Maguire (I don't know what cb but they gotta be quick)

Also need some competition for left wing, Rashford is goosed, looks like he has been carrying an injury for a year or 2....Cant play every game.

I'd sign someone like Grealish for left wing and let the others fight for right wing spot as I havnt seen much of Sancho

A striker is needed as well as Cavani won't play every game. Could just be a backup option.

Grealish and Rashford are not going to be fighting it out for left wing. If Grealish was to come in Rashford either moves to CF, which I can’t see, or moves on

No one is even mentioning the fact Donny was tearing it up in the CL, comes to us and looks Championship level.

And lingard started tearing it.up.when he left.

°°°°°

KH25 wrote: »
    Not a chance Ole goes. We came second in the league and qualified for CL. Job done as far as the owners are concerned.

"way to go Olay, awesome result in the Premier Cup playoffs"

Glazers Out!

Drumpot wrote: »
    Yeh, I think the starting 11 should of been enough to win the game. Villareal sat back and countered basically, had no pressure on them and did well for what they did. I would be interested to know how much of a drop in quality the subs were to their first team starters. All good and well pointing to all their subs, but if the quality of those subs weren’t too different to what was on the pitch it was a no brainer.

Don’t think Ole had a great night and he deserves criticism. I’m not so sure I’d be confident with any coach having to use that bench to squeeze a win in a tight game , but a fair counter would be that a better coach would prob win with the starting 11.

We need more quality options up front. We could of actually changed a lot of the back 6 without too much disruption to quality. But There was not one forward/attacking/inventive player on that bench who a top European side would be happy to have to help bail them out in a top European tie. Villareal were the underdogs, don’t try and compare Uniteds bench to them unless that’s where you want Uniteds level to be.

Ole or no Ole, they need at least 3 quality signings, preferably at least 2 quality forwards. Or we will end up in eternal building , relying on Amad, pellistri, like we have been over relying on martial and Rashford. I’m sick of the club constantly pushing the young player sh*te. Look at what Cavani and Zlatan did. This squad doesn’t need more youth.

Ah here, we've a better first 11 and better subs, we still lost. Subs in big games are what win and lose games. Look at some of our best nights in Europe and good tactical subs make differences even if there is a drop off.

Like for like, they brought on Moreno, us Telles. Them Coquelin, us Fred. Like your not asking Ole to make wine from water with thst bench against Villareal. Maybe against Barca, Real, Bayern that's a valid argument tonight its not. Ole should be expected to be able to change a game and tactics with the bench at his disposal tonight. No plan B has been evident for a year now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

I'm not a utd fan, so won't pretend I'm not happy with that loss.

But you'se lost that game when solksjaer decided to "throw" the Leicester game, which in turn killed any momentum you'se had going into the final stretch of the season.

Pathetic manager, here's hoping he gets an extended contract

Fcuk Off

What is it with you absolute weirdos coming in here with these posts?? As for your thread...jesus christ!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Ole has had as much time as them and done worse.

Ole is not good enough. It's clear as day.

In terms of winning a trophy yes, in league form no.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭budgie412

Not going anywhere under Ole. For 2 years he has refused to utilise his squad. Still doesn't trust his bench. After 2 years. His players. He does not trust his squad. HIS SQUAD. Holding back the substitutes for the shootout only? Joke. Ole goes.

If Van de Beek isn't on the phone to his agent to get him the **** out of the club I'd be amazed

My heart goes out to him, why not bring him on? He's not going to perform worse than our other useless wasters

Good old utd in the transfer strikes again, utd just dont have a ****ing clue in the transfer market.

We effectively bought a player to warm the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Might be heat of the moment but I think Ole has brought United as far as he can.

He's done well to stabilise the club and bring the positivity back to the squad after the toxic atmosphere after Mourinho.

It's been constantly questioned around here whether he'd bring a title to United and I just don't think he is. And if not, why continue?

A different result tonight would've changed everything I'll admit but with good reason. A cup final loss tonight, a semi final loss in the FA Cup. Semi final loss last season in the EL. Still no success, always close but never enough. Questions about tactics, squad management, rotation, etc. List goes on. Would the players at the club do better under a better manager? Yes IMO.

I thought pre game he's done enough to deserve a shot into next season but if he's not the man to bring success to the club, then why persist? We most likely know the answer which is down to the ownership/management - still doesn't make it right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,174 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The DVDB experiment has been complete and utter waste of time for everyone involved.

Mourinho and LVG didn't work so we should never sign proven mangers ever again?

By the way, they both won trophies...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,384 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

What had LVG won in the period before United got him?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I think Ole messed up tonight and that is from someone who likes him.

Players like Telles, Mata, Donny just had to be involved in the game in the second half. Keep energy levels up and keep control of the game, push for a goal. Instead he lets his players wilt and hand even more control to the team playing a reserved style.

I bet Cavani is raging after that.

Pens are what they are and the mistake is ending up in a shoot out to start with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,384 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The DVDB experiment has been complete and utter waste of time for everyone involved.

I think an experiment requires testing.

Vdb should hand in a transfer request in the morning. For Ole to go 120 mins and not use him, when so many were playing poorly, shows old has no faith in him.

Start over somewhere else.

Smarter play could be to hang on. A gap could open up very soon for a player like him with the right investment in the right areas of the squad coupled with a departure or two.

• Advertisement

Ole you are as far away from winning a major trophy than I am from winning the lotto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,174 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I still love how some wanted Jose out because of his style of football only to then say they wanted Simeone to replace him.

Diego Simeone, renowned for his free flowing attacking teams of course.

What was the expirement? See how we can waste a player who was playing fantastically for club and Country and see how ****e we can make look. **** all game time so it's hard to know

°°°°°

On reflection this side and it's manager winning a trophy gives the impression of progress or forward momentum that in reality isn't present.

You'd hope change will come, but it isn't likely.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I think I said it last month that Rashford was starting to look burned out. Hasnt been proper for between 18-20 months, maybe the odd flash of life but mostly trudging through the motions.

The decline is possibly terminal at this point :(

Time to starting incinerating Greenwood instead I guess.

His brother mentioned on Twitter not too long ago he’s been playing injured for 18 months. Presumably with his back, ankle and shoulder. He’s due to have surgery too, which he’s put off for a while I think. He could probably do with missing the euros but it won’t happen. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him wash up like Rooney at 28/29.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,286 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

so is this down to being beaten by a better team, or just a crap manager?

after the leicester fiasco in the fa cup, it was all down to being beaten by a better team. no it wasn't, it was because the manager is toothless.

annoyed with that. scholes at least brought into question ole's job. the other 2 circled ranks to defend him.

clueless.

it was said at HT that this would require a moment of magic from bruno, pogba, or rashford. too long has this clueless manager relied on moments of magic rather than set up a team to win.

Annoying how we'll have to listen to many fans claim this is progress.

God I ****ing hate to even listen to Ole at this stage and this is one of my favorite players at utd, his management has really soured me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Most Players joining United under LVG and Jose did the exact same thing. One could argue more players/signings have performed better and been more consistent and happier under Ole then any under other managers. That’s a reflection of where the club is and the clubs ambitious, that an inferior manager who can manage the squad well, has done better then managers with greater pedigree. You can blame the manager or look at why this might be the case.

I’m not angry at Ole, if he’s not good enough and the owners keep him, it’s not his fault.

• Advertisement

Annoying how we'll have to listen to many fans claim this is progress.

I call it the Arsenal mentality

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement