Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer/Gossip 23/24 - [New Thread Available]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

they could publicly announce their intention to leave (which is all City could have done by this logic)

I guess some are waiting to see how many others declare intent to drop out and then how many can actually do it. It will look terrible on whoever is the last to withdraw as the ESL going ahead is almost an impossibility now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Didn't the clubs sign contracts or other legal agreements to join? Won't that take some time to undo as they could be pressured legally to fulfill those contracts?

I don't think anyone can officially declare themselves fully or legally out this early.

Non binding letters of intent according to an article in the Athletic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Didn't the clubs sign contracts or other legal agreements to join? Won't that take some time to undo as they could be pressured legally to fulfill those contracts?

I don't think anyone can officially declare themselves fully or legally out this early.

i would think with mutual consent it can be terminated. perez must be holding out. pay the get-out fee or you are in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I guess some are waiting to see how many others declare intent to drop out and then how many can actually do it. It will look terrible on whoever is the last to withdraw as the ESL going ahead is almost an impossibility now.

that is why I am a bit surprised if the 11 remaining sides (or whomever are left by lunch time tomorrow) don't announce backing out as a group rather than 1 by 1. City got out first and got a nice Uefa statement. THe longer teams leave it, going 1 by 1, the worse their rep will be and surely no one can think it has a future now.

here comes the chauvin verdict.
    if anyone is interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIAYvkFCRks&ab_channel=FoxNews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

United will be the last ones out. The Glazers have turned this club into a meme. Disgusting.

On Sky just now. City have declared there intent to begin the withdrawal procedure.

I guess thats the most anyone can do atm. The sooner Utd do it the better, the Woodward news only buys us a little time. If Joel decides to hang on until its officially dead with the hopes it may still go ahead in some capacity it will look absolutely terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

if anyone is interested:

The night gets even better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

if anyone is interested:

Guilty all round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Chelsea Drawing means United need 8 points out of remaining 18 to guarantee top 4. Great that this actually matters.

• Advertisement

chelsea drew - united 11 points clear in the CL spaces race. yay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Drumpot wrote: »
    Chelsea Drawing means United need 8 points out of remaining 18 to guarantee top 4. Great that this actually matters.

Only if UEFA dont try punish the team in some form. Dont think they can but you never know

Hope Neville keeps up the pressure and gets stuck into the glazers. Hope he calls Woodward scapegoat and goes for their throats. If he backs down I will be very very disappointed as it will suggest now that normal service will prob resume it’s ok to ignore what these people will probably still try to do again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Timing of all this fuss suits us. Liverpool and Chelsea having to play in the midst of all this has to have affected mentality. We have the week off which means the dust will hopefully have settled by then.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Only if UEFA dont try punish the team in some form. Dont think they can but you never know

Honestly, I’d be ok with United getting punished to put the glazers back in their box but I’m guessing there will be some sort of conciliatory efforts to fix this.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Timing of all this fuss suits us. Liverpool and Chelsea having to play in the midst of all this has to have affected mentality. We have the week off which means the dust will hopefully have settled by then.

Any chance they underestimated response to this , particularly the players. They didn’t tell anybody and maybe presumed players would he on board automatically?

Honestly, I’d be ok with United getting punished to put the glazers back in their box but I’m guessing there will be some sort of conciliatory efforts to fix this.

can't see any punishment.

Uefa have welcomed City back - they can't welcome one side and punish the others for the same crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Great news all round today.

On getting the Glazers out - is there any way the fans can buy back the club? I think I remember someone trying to coordinate that kind of thing during the green and gold campaign. Surely there are enough concerned fans to be able to come up with the cash (ransom) needed?

I've found the calls for the clubs to be punished over the last couple of days strange. The clubs is made up of owners, board, staff, players coaches and fans.

The ESL decision would have been taken by one or two people at the club. The calls for expulsion from europe or relegation are weird, why make all the players and staff suffer?

Instead go after the individuals and hurt them financially. Sue Joel glazer but I'd hate Utd to get a european ban or the like for the actions of a few.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I think the most appropriate punishment would be to adjust the CL reform in a way that hits those who wanted this ESL the hardest and redistribute that money across the game.

Issac wrote: »
    Great news all round today.

On getting the Glazers out - is there any way the fans can buy back the club? I think I remember someone trying to coordinate that kind of thing during the green and gold campaign. Surely there are enough concerned fans to be able to come up with the cash (ransom) needed?

Cant see the fans raising the 3 billion plus needed :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Gary Neville on Sky now.

"Ed Woodward is the trunk of the tree. We now need to go for the roots".

Good on him.

Hope Neville keeps up the pressure and gets stuck into the glazers. Hope he calls Woodward scapegoat and goes for their throats. If he backs down I will be very very disappointed as it will suggest now that normal service will prob resume it’s ok to ignore what these people will probably still try to do again.

Yes yes yes .. Go Gary... glazers out... glazers out....

Nobody's paying 2.5 billion plus inheriting 800million debt plus a few hundred mill of stadium repair

Cant see the fans raising the 3 billion plus needed :/

But we supposedly have over a billion fans. If even 1 in 10 contributed we could easily do it. Mix in a few suger daddy fans and it'd be do-able. I'd love to own (properly own not the Glazer share) part of the club

• Advertisement

Nobody's paying 2.5 billion plus inheriting 800million debt plus a few hundred mill of stadium repair

Saudis would. In a heart beat. Thats pocket money to them, and they've love the United brand being usable as a sports-washing tool.

Jeff Bezos is worth nearly 200 billion. He could do it (though Mitch has mentioned conflict of interest there before in terms of Amazon and broadcasting rights).

There's plenty of people and grounds who'd pay it. The issue, imo, has been that the Glazers weren't in the mood to sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Issac wrote: »
    But we supposedly have over a billion fans. If even 1 in 10 contributed we could easily do it. Mix in a few suger daddy fans and it'd be do-able. I'd love to own (properly own not the Glazer share) part of the club

If fans can raise 3bn it should go towards something alot better than buying a football club.

Saudis would. In a heart beat. Thats pocket money to them, and they've love the United brand being usable as a sports-washing tool.

Jeff Bezos is worth nearly 200 billion. He could do it (though Mitch has mentioned conflict of interest there before in terms of Amazon and broadcasting rights).

There's plenty of people and grounds who'd pay it. The issue, imo, has been that the Glazers weren't in the mood to sell.

not that I am saying Bezos is gonna want us, but didn't he step down/aside recently.

Plenty of people/groups could do it - and I don't think Glazers will lack offers.

rob316 wrote: »
    If fans can raise 3bn it should go towards something alot better than buying a football club.

Maybe, but I was talking about buying back our football club.

Has anyone sent Elon Musk a whatsapp yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That i missed Nev on SSN

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Microsoft bought a game studio for 10 billion recently

3 billion is a drop in the ocean for the world's richest.

I just hope if we do sell that we get someone decent in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Realistically what's it's gonna cost to buy man utd? 4 or 5 billion plus whatever the debt is essentially?

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Realistically what's it's gonna cost to buy man utd? 4 or 5 billion plus whatever the debt is essentially?

i'd say £2.5b to £3b, but i'm not really basing that on anything in reality.

current market cap is $2.6billion, which is less than £2b

the remaining debt i don't know - i think it is around 400m, but it might be the 400m has to be paid back if the glazers sell. or if it isn't paid back, a new owner might be happy to keep the debt at that level for the same reason the glazers are - the tax offset.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Microsoft bought a game studio for 10 billion recently

3 billion is a drop in the ocean for the world's richest.

I just hope if we do sell that we get someone decent in

was 7b. they were in talks for Discord at 10b.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭paulbok

Lucas Hood wrote: »

I'd say if you were to offer them $2bn and take on the debt tonight, they'd accept it gladly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1384624941975363586?s=20

I've been vocal of this team lacking leadership on the pitch previously.

These two, Maguire and Rashford have stepped up to the plate certainly off it and I'm sure not the only ones.

Good on them.

paulbok wrote: »
    I'd say if you were to offer them $2bn and take on the debt tonight, they'd accept it gladly.

Glazers don't care about the debt - it isn't owed by them, it is owed by the club. Taking on the debt isn't a negotiating position for the glazers.

The debt would factor into the value of the club though,

• Advertisement

Has anyone sent Elon Musk a whatsapp yet?

i did. he's currently focused on space rather than north west England unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1384624941975363586?s=20

I've been vocal of this team lacking leadership on the pitch previously.

These two, Maguire and Rashford have stepped up to the plate certainly off it and I'm sure not the only ones.

Good on them.

De Gea and Mata have also be credited with speaking up.

feels like some agents whispering in journo ears to big up their guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Wow , never been so proud of our players

Bruno, Shaw, Maguire & I'm sure there's more, absolute legends !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Wow , never been so proud of our players

Bruno, Shaw, Maguire & I'm sure there's more, absolute legends !!!

Those 3 and Rashford for me are the true leaders of the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Bruno/Maguire/Mata/Rashford I kinda expected but Shaw also stepping up is great. He has really transformed dramatically the last 6-7 months.

liverpool just pulled out now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAANITED!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Despite all of the billionaires power, the fans & football wins. Brilliant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement