Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer/Gossip 23/24 - [New Thread Available]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,286 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

anyone want to hazard a guess at the 17? although 17 seems very low over the course of 25 years.

tis a good watch anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

anyone want to hazard a guess at the 17? although 17 seems very low over the course of 25 years.

tis a good watch anyway

Hughes, McClair, Cantona, Dublin, Ole, Cole, Yorke, Sheringham, Ruud, Forlan, Rooney, Tevez, Smith, Saha, Welbeck, Dong, RVP.
    There must be a few more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,286 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

ceegee wrote: »
    Hughes, McClair, Cantona, Dublin, Ole, Cole, Yorke, Sheringham, Ruud, Forlan, Rooney, Tevez, Smith, Saha, Welbeck, Dong, RVP.
    There must be a few more?

hernandez certainly. i had to google dong! 1 appearance for utd. i'd say SAF forgot about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

hernandez certainly. i had to google dong! 1 appearance for utd. i'd say SAF forgot about him.

Can't believe I forgot Hernandez. Dong has been my downfall in enough United sporcle quizzes to be burned into my memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Dong got a guard of honour for his only appearance.

Come on Chelsea!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

The quality of football in this final between these two sides compared to us on Wednesday....

Ole and the coaches have a lot of work to do this preseason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Brilliant game so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Great Champions League final so far....Chelsea exposing fact Pep went without a DM.

Utd talking about spending on a DM and Pep doesn’t start Rhodri who has arguably been one of their top 3 performers this Season along with Dias and Gundogan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

The quality of football in this final between these two sides compared to us on Wednesday....

From what we have seen from a defensive perspective this Season Ole and his back room team are light years behind.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Yup we are miles behind. Liverpool will in all likelihood make big improvements too.

Scrapping with Leicester for 4th, should be ahead of them anyway, but that's the reality with current set up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,869 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Both of them would benefit from Cavani leading the line though...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Tuchel has made some job of that Chelsea team. Win lose or draw.

Kante is a monster also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,133 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Quandary wrote: »

Kante is a monster also.

To think we could have had Kante for the price of de beek!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Quandary wrote: »

Kante is a monster also.

Let's take a moment to remember. The summer we wasted 100 million on Pogba, coulve had Kante, Wijnaldum and Gondogan and maybe some pocket change.

Criminal recruitment at the club. Buying the Brand rather than the skillset

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

sugarman wrote: »
    Mod: Lads, a gentle reminder that this is Man U Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021, please keep it on topic.

Theres a Champions League thread for Champions League discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Weepsie wrote: »
    Let's take a moment to remember. The summer we wasted 100 million on Pogba, coulve had Kante, Wijnaldum and Gondogan and maybe some pocket change.

Look, on the pitch Kante is a beast, but off the pitch you barely ever hear of him.

I mean, what's the quality of his dab like?

Does he even do a dab????

Weepsie wrote: »

Woodward at his finest!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Woodward at his finest!

I mean to be fair most of us where doing cartwheels when Pogba was announced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,118 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Chelsea, a team that had a club legend in charge who had spent considerable money but were badly underperforming so they sacked him and decided to install a competent and experienced manager, have just won the biggest trophy in club football.

But our boys are happy.

Our boys are hurt by being humiliated in a second rate final.

Another massive blot on the United higher-ups copy book.

• Advertisement

Speak for yourself

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Pussyhands wrote: »
    The club would be run completely different to what it is now.

No way Rashford would have a 200k per week contract and the no.10

Still a few days behind reading, there were plenty of years under Fergie were the squad was allowed to detoriate and we were fed no value in the market nonsense. The last title win was a great achievement considering, if Fergie put up with the owners then nobody who followed after had a chance.
    On Rashford, he is hitting Mane and Sterling numbers year on year while playing for a much poorer team and looks injured half the time..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭TRC10

Bloody delighted. The worship and waxing lyrical of Guardiola and City in recent weeks has been driving me insane.

Looks like he'll need to spend another £200m.

Greatest manager of all time my ass

There was plenty of eyebrows raised. Firstly the fee was stupid. It was never the right move and the club put all the eggs in that basket with a new manager Meaning compromise elsewhere.

Still believe Ferguson would never have taken him back. He thought he knew better than the one of the best managers of all time? That's alarm bells for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

How depressing.

Chelsea sack their manager and install a proper coach and the results speak for themselves. A champions league in the bag they wouldn't have if they persisted with Lampard.

Our first 11 is better than Chelseas and we're getting ****ed over by Emery and Villareal.

Mediocrity is on the menu for us while we have Ole as manager.

Any win we have over Pep is backs to the wall, relying on poor finishing. Yet Chelsea didn't give them a sniff tonight.

Average players like Jorginho, Werner, Christensen, Mendy winning Chelsea a CL.

Delighted to see city and pep beaten again.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

How depressing.

Chelsea sack their manager and install a proper coach and the results speak for themselves. A champions league in the bag they wouldn't have if they persisted with Lampard.

Our first 11 is better than Chelseas and we're getting ****ed over by Emery and Villareal.

Any win we have over Pep is backs to the wall, relying on poor finishing. Yet Chelsea didn't give them a sniff tonight.

If you like how Chelsea do business so much go and support them.

I don't envy Chelsea at all. Chelsea aren't Manchester United. Very different clubs, ownership situations, history and ethos and I personally hope we never adopt their model of sacking managers left right and centre.

And you know full well that model wouldn't work at United.

Not to mention they have an owner who invests hundreds of millions and they have a much stronger squad.

That could have been us :(

How depressing.

Ole beat Pep 2 nil this season though so he is clearly the man to lead us to the promised land.

TRC10 wrote: »

I don't envy Chelsea at all. Chelsea aren't Manchester United and I personally hope we never adopt their model of sacking managers left right and centre.

Man Utd is all about winning, yet you're happy persisting with managers underperforming just to say you're not a sacking club.

Makes no sense. We have one manager for 26 years and people think we should only have managers stay in the job for ages for the sake of it..

• Advertisement

Yeah we could have won a CL with McTominay and Fred.

Do one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Chelsea’s starting 11 and squad is miles ahead of ours tbh. So is their manager. They’re the biggest threat to City in the PL next season IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

2df6b7d355febcf53fec5c4de2296d46.jpg

Do one.

Chelsea won it with Christensen and Jorginho...

We get it dude, you don't want us to be like Chelsea, winning trophies...you'd rather be a le classy club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I don't envy Chelsea at all. Chelsea aren't Manchester United. Very different clubs, ownership situations, history and ethos and I personally hope we never adopt their model of sacking managers left right and centre.

Not to mention they have an owner who invests hundreds of millions and they have a much stronger squad.

Bit harsh on the OP.

Stark difference between Abram and the Glazers. He actually gives a fûck about the club.

You may not like what Chelsea do with managers etc but it works for them on the pitch and they’re a successful side. A level above United the past 8 years.

I’m jealous as United are capable of it but the wrong people are in important roles.

Do one.

No, but we could have won the fcuking EL with McT. The Chelsea squad isn't massively ahead of our own in most areas.

Managerially though, fcuking light years ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

I wonder if Joel Glazer watched this final ???

Man Utd is all about winning, yet you're happy persisting with managers underperforming just to say you're not a sacking club.

Makes no sense. We have one manager for 26 years and people think we should only have managers stay in the job for ages for the sake of it..

Football existed before 1992 in case you didn't know.

Manchester United is about sacrifice (Munich), hard work (rebuilding 1958-1968) and bringing through youth (busby babes, class of 92).

Some fans need to accept that Man Utd are in a rebuild and this is going to take time. And were not going to win much with the Glazers around anyway.

You're incredibly naive if you thin we can just adopt the Chelsea model and start winning overnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Drumpot wrote: »
    If we could sign nobody else but a Kante level CDM I’d be happy with that.

Essien, Makele and Kante , it’s a string position for Chelsea. Players who do the work of two on the pitch.

Ole or no Ole the problem at United is recruitment and squad management which is quite frankly horrendous. How long are some fans going to talk about how much better Uniteds squad is , that never consistantly shows it when it matters. When was the last time any United team did it when it mattered in a meaningful game?

What Roman , Liverpool and City owners have shown is that they know how to create Squads and environments to succeed. Pretty much any manager Chelsea or city hire win a big trophy. The current and last Liverpool manager were at least able to make meaningful title challanges.

Yeh, a new manager may “get more out of this squad” , but they aren’t winning a league or champions league. It’s not a defence of Ole, it’s a reflection of how hopeless Uniteds situation is at the moment. You also have to worry that top managers can see these problems at the club. Top managers generally only join clubs that are fairly sure things. If conte was looking at United he’d remember how United spoiled Jose’s unblemished record and pretty much destroyed Moyes , led to LVG going to pasture, it’s a graveyard club with terrible owners who just don’t care.

Money is spent , but it’s not their money and they don’t seem to be too bothered with how it’s being wasted.

• Advertisement

Chelsea’s starting 11 and squad is miles ahead of ours tbh. So is their manager. They’re the biggest threat to City in the PL next season IMO.

How is their starting 11 ahead of ours?

Mendy < De Gea/Henderson

James = AWB

Silva < Maguire

Lindelof = Rudiger (Rudiger was on the verge of being sold to Roma less than a year ago)

Chilwell < Shaw

Kante > Fred

Jorginho = McTominay

Mount > Rashford

Ziyech > Greenwood

Havertz < Bruno

Werner < Cavani

No, but we could have won the fcuking EL with McT. The Chelsea squad isn't massively ahead of our own in most areas.

Managerially though, fcuking light years ahead.

Tuchel will be gone in 18 months.

Manchester United aren't Chelsea. And we aren't going to become Chelsea. And I don't want us to become Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I wonder if Joel Glazer watched this final ???

He could do worse then phone up Roman and ask him how to run a football club

How is their starting 11 ahead of ours?

Mendy < De Gea/Henderson

James = AWB

Silva < Maguire

Lindelof = Rudiger (Rudiger was on the verge of being sold to Roma less than a year ago)

Chilwell < Shaw

Kante > Fred

Jorginho = McTominay

Mount > Rashford

Ziyech > Greenwood

Havertz < Bruno

Werner < Cavani

Ok now compare the benches

And you left out Chelsea's best defender

Manchester United is about sacrifice (Munich), hard work (rebuilding 1958-1968) and bringing through youth (busby babes, class of 92).

Some fans need to accept that Man Utd are in a rebuild and this is going to take time. And were not going to win much with the Glazers around anyway.

You're incredibly naive if you thin we can just adopt the Chelsea model and start winning overnight.

Sacking a manager at Chelsea is the same as sacking a manager at Utd.

The reason Chelsea get results is because their standards are higher.

Ole was saying in January that there was no way we should have been talked about in the title race. Low standards. We can't even win the EL with the quality players we have.

Ok now compare the benches

And you left out Chelsea's best defender

Why would I compare benches when I am responding to a comment saying Chelsea's first 11 is better than ours..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Drumpot wrote: »
    He could do worse then phone up Roman and ask him how to run a football club

He does make it look very easy

Tuchel will be gone in 18 months.

Manchester United aren't Chelsea. And we aren't going to become Chelsea. And I don't want us to become Chelsea.

Ole will be gone in 18 months too....difference will be Chelsea have a Champions League trophy sitting in their trophy cabinet, while we will just have a "finished top 4 in consecutive seasons" trophy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Bloody hell :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

The model is different. The plan is different.

Chelsea saw a pandemic and economic restraints and made the decision that if they bid cash for top young players nobody couldn’t compete with them and they were right. That was their plan to close the gap.

United stood still.

Chelsea won it with Christensen and Jorginho...

We get it dude, you don't want us to be like Chelsea, winning trophies...you'd rather be a le classy club.

I'd take le classy club over billionare <mod snip> play thing any day

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement