Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer/Gossip 23/24 - [New Thread Available]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

DM_7 wrote: »

I am not saying Ole should be kept and that a better manager should not be sought.

I am saying I don't agree that a change will certainly improve things as the people making the change will still be making the same mistakes including who they pick as manager. That does not mean no changes should happen, it is just saying it might not be as good as hoped/expected due to other club problems.

This is fair enough. And I would agree with you on this but you got to hope they will eventually nail one :o I am not advocating for Conte or Simeone to come in, that would be a waste of time along with a huge waste of resources to sell/buy players that suit the inevitable change in system and not for the better

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

beno619 wrote: »
    I won't qoute all of that but I appreciate you attempting to explain your position.

Im still not seeing what successful management of Ed and co means and how it's been done better than previous managers, you've pointed out that he's handled the Pogba situation well.

As I said at the beginning of the post, managing Ed and Co was a quick way to describe the off field lack of direction and football planning that goes on at United and that a Man Utd manager has to manage the fall out of that.

I can fully accept I may not have followed up with something to back up that in a way that you agree with but that is what I was trying to get at.
    beno619 wrote: »
    With the exception of Herrera who sanctioned those outgoings ? Who decided he didn't need Lukaku, who thought it would be better to pay Sanchez's wages for inter rather than have him has an option ?

That comment was provided to indicate how too much detail could cause disagreement over why something happened and take away from my point about Zidane at United may not equal Zidane at Real due to how the clubs operates.

For what its worth I don't know the answer to your question. Some might summarise Ole decided those things and the club acted on it. Others might say they were a financially driven decision that freed up money elsewhere. Maybe a bit of both.

I will circle back to my point on how badly the club is ran and how it undermines managers. Both of those players leaving so soon after they signed is an indication of the type of mistakes the club has made across managers - all of Mkhitaryan, Schweinsteiger, Di Maria, Schneiderlin and Memphis left well within two seasons of signing.

Jose would have liked to replace Pogba and Bailly within 2 seasons of them signings. Shaw and Martial within 3. It is no wonder he imploded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Jose liked Shaw though? And did be actually want rid of Bailly so quick after signing him? I don't remember that but open to correction.

He wanted to play martial from the left, martial had his nose out of joint being moved out left and having his number taken from him by Zlatan. I remember that because I felt he had a point for out long term aims, he had an encouraging first season under the manager who signed him and played him through the middle.

Who knows if things would have went differently for him or not but the facts are he looks better from the left, same as Rashford. Jose is a winner, it ultimately leads to him falling out with people above him if they will not get him what he feels he needs to succeed. (This is forgetting his own mistakes obviously just focusing on recruitment/board type ****e) If we had sold Martial back then actually and improved on him we could have probably got more money for him than we likely will now. The biggest issue I had with Jose and that thing was he had a nice thing going rotating Rashford and Martial and instead of playing Sanchez in the right or even through the middle he disrupted that by playing him there even though he was actually taking the place of a right sides player in the squad.

He wanted Maguire, I know that alright and it's a little funny the club managed to sign him for bigger money the season after. He is demanding, he was brought in to bring success (you assume he was sold with that idea and the promise of being backed fully) and the club chose a player over him, then took his legs out from under him after he had win trophies and achieved 2nd in the league, instead of push on we went backwards. How much time has been spent trying to get all the conditions perfect for Paul to "show himself"? It was only ever gonna go one way after that due to Jose's personality issues. 2nd isn't good enough for someone with his mentality, was he a good fit for the club? Not historically, but certainly not now when the goal is very clearly at this stage just stay at the big boy table.

Talking about managerial change is a moot point for another few months of course. Ole has met his criteria, he will have his contract extended due to that and we will end up paying him a compensation fee to get rid of him while wasting more time in this "transition" period. I don't want to re litigate Ole, my thoughts are well known. He has had his successes and his failures I think we can all agree on that much.

Edit: sorry I got a bit off track there

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

duffman13 wrote: »
    66 -> 66-> 74pts

Only once before this season in the last 10 or so years would 74pts have gotten second and that was when Leicester won the league.

I don't agree with the point you are making. It doesn't matter how many points it takes to get second, the fact is that second this year means as much (or as little) as every other year. If other teams had gotten more points then we would't have been second, well if other teams could have had more points than so could we.

The only statistical metric you can use is how far off winning the league we are and while we are still a looooong way away, we are closer than the last few years and this year closer than any other team. Let's see if/how the club strengthens and what happens next year with a proper season without covid (hopefully!) and the incredible fixture pile up. That alone will show us if Ole and his team, given actual time to prepare between matches, can improve on structural issues rather than going from one game to the next.

I don't know if Ole can take us up the next step but he deserves the time to try in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

The twitter idk’s are out in force. Sancho bid happening this week apparently.

Gas thing about it is that people are saying we never do deals this quick but by my estimation this one is a year in the making. And won’t be solved anytime soon if we’re realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

60m + 20m add ons is all I would pay for Sancho. **** dortmund if they want more, we'll find another Sancho. I'd prefer a left footer on the right anyways.

GSPfan wrote: »

Gas thing about it is that people are saying we never do deals this quick but by my estimation this one is a year in the making. And won’t be solved anytime soon if we’re realistic.

It actually got done last summer multiple times. I thought he had a very quiet year for us all things considered but that's the English tax I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Surely if Dortmund want to sell Sancho, they'll want to do it this year rather than leave it till there's only a year left on his contract. I think a DM and a CB to partner Maguire would go a very long way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The only genuine twitter idk (Romano) says we are pencilling in Heatons medical for a few weeks time (makes sense as he is under contract at Villa until 30th June). A two year deal with club option to add a 3rd year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

If the club do want Sancho, then there reeeeaaaaaallllllllllyyyyyy is zero reason why they would not bid now and just get the thing freaking done. What would waiting until after the Euro's accomplish?

If he is the number 1 target then buying him now means
    1. he will be available for the club as soon as possible. (pending summer break etc).
    2. The position is sorted.
    3. the funds for other positions are better known as the biggest (?) cash outlay is confirmed and budgetted for.

If we wait til after the Euros
    1. We risk not getting it done.
    2. Missing out on alt targets as time drags.
    3. Funds for other positions become questionable as we have funds for Sancho 'set aside'.

If Sancho has been the no.1 target for at least two years, the club aren't going to learn anything new in the next month.

It would be stupid for the club to be holding off on bidding, but this is a stupid, unserious, neglectful club.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

GSPfan wrote: »

The Euros kick off in 11 days and England have pre tournament friendlies on Wednesday and Sunday. Even if there was a bid and it was somehow enough to be accepted it's highly unlikely he'd be joining before the Euros.

The Euros kick off in 11 days and England have pre tournament friendlies on Wednesday and Sunday. Even if there was a bid and it was somehow enough to be accepted it's highly unlikely he'd be joining before the Euros.

barca are apparently going to get Gini W's medical done at the dutch training camp.

What is stopping United from bidding and getting it sorted in the same way?
    What is stopping United from agreeing the deal and contract and having it concluded 'pending medical', which is a very common announcement of a signing.

Dortmund aren't playing in the Euro's. their DOF isn't playing in the Euro's. Murtough isn't playing in the Euro's. Sancho's agent isn't playing in the Euros. United have known for 18months what Sancho wants.

What, on earth, is stopping the deal from taking place other than some imagined 'impossible to do a deal for an international player' idea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

What, on earth, is stopping the deal from taking place other than some imagined 'impossible to do a deal for an international player' idea?

Ineptitude

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If I’m Dortmund, I don’t entertain a bid till after the Euros, in the hopes he performs well and bumps his price up a bit.

Also, last I heard, The Dutch camp have told Barca to bigger off with their medical tests, so I’d not be holding that up as an example just yet. But I think that’s a free transfer which probably cuts down the complications too, no?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    If I’m Dortmund, I don’t entertain a bid till after the Euros, in the hopes he performs well and bumps his price up a bit.

Also, last I heard, The Dutch camp have told Barca to bigger off with their medical tests, so I’d not be holding that up as an example just yet. But I think that’s a free transfer which probably cuts down the complications too, no?

A free transfer would only remove the issue of agreeing a fee with the players club.

Agreeing a contract with the player and the medical would remain, and if those can either be agreed/done or contracted to a legally binding agreement for a free transfer there is no reason it can't be done for a player under contract.

If United agreed a fee with Dortmund today, the scenario for the player himself would be the same.

• Advertisement

Can anyone remember when a big transfer was completed early in the window when it wasn't a player that was desperate to move?

Even the perfect Liverpool didn't sign Thiago early last summer.

We got most of our transfers done pretty early with Jose and LVG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,462 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

United are "preparing a bid"

These things take time......apparently :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Yeah the Sancho personal terms are agreed from last summer from what I've read.

It's basically sitting down with Dortmund and agreeing a fee. Which ya know could have been done during the season.

Dortmund would be dead right to hold out now as is looks like he might start for England. If Sancho has a good tournament there will be increased interest and United will lose out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭Santan

Dortmund appear to be very straight in their decisions with this transfer since last year, they have said he is available and this is the price, pay it and he is yours, very German and it doesn't seem like there is much interest from other teams. United think they can haggle but last year proved Dortmund are not open to that, at least not for what United want to pay, so all summer will be spent trying to save 5 million

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

Zeek12 wrote: »
    United are "preparing a bid"

These things take time......apparently :pac:

We’ve been preparing a bid for over a year now. Surely it’s well prepared by now! :pac:

• Advertisement

KH25 wrote: »
    We’ve been preparing a bid for over a year now. Surely it’s well prepared by now! :pac:

Where were you last summer?

.....And the summer before that......and the summer before that.....!! etc.

I think we all know how this will pan out. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Yeah the Sancho personal terms are agreed from last summer from what I've read.

It's basically sitting down with Dortmund and agreeing a fee. Which ya know could have been done during the season.

Dortmund would be dead right to hold out now as is looks like he might start for England. If Sancho has a good tournament there will be increased interest and United will lose out.

Maybe there are other clubs interested this summer, Man Utd know this, and that is why they are not bidding. Maybe Sancho's head has been turned by someone else.

Man United had a clear run at Sancho last summer and ballsed it up. The only club trying to buy him so no bidding war etc. I said it back then that it could come back to haunt them as there would be more interest this summer when clubs were more aware of the implications of COVID around their finances etc. With the imminent return of fans in England at least, and the TV deal still in place, more clubs now know that they can afford him. Even at £80m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭billyhead

Unless he has his heart set on signing for United, the player can wait for other clubs to come in for him. If he has a good euros his price can go up too so Dortmund will be in a win win situation.

Greenwood has withdrawn from the Eng squad due to injury - I reckon he was likely to be cut anyway. May have been pre-emptive!

Greenwood has withdrawn from the Eng squad due to injury - I reckon he was likely to be cut anyway. May have been pre-emptive!

Glad he isn't going.
    He can start next season fresh.

If Rashford did something similar, it would certainly be to his and the club's benefit long term - but I doubt that will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Glad he isn't going.

If Rashford did something similar, it would certainly be to his and the club's benefit long term - but I doubt that will happen.

I'm hoping Maguire misses the Euro's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Glad he isn't going.

I hope he does, he needs the break

Rashford complaining about playing through injuries yet he'll do the same for the euro's. Needs to think long term. Ter Stegen ruled himself out of the Germany squad to have surgery. Rashford should be doing the same. I know Ter Stegen wouldn't be starting but I don't think Rashford will be starting either.

I'd worry about Rashford long term. He's been relying on pace and when he doesn't have space he's been rubbish.

Needs to adds some strings to his bow. His heading is atrocious. He's a big lad, but he looks fearful when heading the ball.

I also think he needs to improve his finishing. He tends to smash the ball any time he can rather than place it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Rashford complaining about playing through injuries yet he'll do the same for the euro's. Needs to think long term. Ter Stegen ruled himself out of the Germany squad to have surgery. Rashford should be doing the same. I know Ter Stegen wouldn't be starting but I don't think Rashford will be starting either.

I'd worry about Rashford long term. He's been relying on pace and when he doesn't have space he's been rubbish.

Needs to adds some strings to his bow. His heading is atrocious. He's a big lad, but he looks fearful when heading the ball.

I also think he needs to improve his finishing. He tends to smash the ball any time he can rather than place it.

Needs a rest, hopefully doesn't start for England. Greenwood not travelling is good news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

In normal times you might be right but this Indian Variant (and a new Vietnam one that could be worse) , may make that a bad move by Dortmund and may have them second guessing such a strategy. Look at parts of Europe now shutting down again and England even talking about a 3rd wave. Theres a lot of uncertainty about COVID, even if some people seem to be acting like its all done.

Id say Dortmund would agree a deal now, his supposed price already dropped by 25 million because of Covid last year, its a risk the same thing could happen again. These new variants could start causing issues and may delay fans full return to stadiums. Not just that, they could genuinely be worried that United will tighten the purse strings aswell and use COVID not to make any big acquisitions. As much as a selling club sets price, equally a player is only worth what somebody else will pay.

Given how utterly pathetic United are at transfers (still cant get over them waiting so long to sign Cavani when he was available all summer), I wouldnt give them any benefit of the doubt on anything transfer related.

• Advertisement

Drumpot wrote: »
    Id say Dortmund would agree a deal now, his supposed price already dropped by 25 million because of Covid last year, its a risk the same thing could happen again. These new variants could start causing issues and may delay fans full return to stadiums. Not just that, they could genuinely be worried that United will tighten the purse strings aswell and use COVID not to make any big acquisitions. As much as a selling club sets price, equally a player is only worth what somebody else will pay.

This presumes Dortmund want to sell. The vibe I always get from them is they'd be happier if he'd stay. They don't seem desperate to cash in on one of their star players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I think he's more than capable of doing things that don't rely on pace. His finishing when he gets on a good run has been really good imo but the effect of injury has really regressed him imo. Even on sprints he looks to be at about 75% of the pace he had 2 years ago. This will have a cascading effect on his finishing, heading and overall confidence to take things on.

His positioning last week against Villarreal was like watching Sanchez again, coming deep when he should have been getting it further up the pitch. I have faith he can get it back but I think mentally he is playing a more complicated game now and he needs to get back to playing more instinctively.

This presumes Dortmund want to sell. The vibe I always get from them is they'd be happier if he'd stay. They don't seem desperate to cash in on one of their star players.

Maybe they don’t want to sell. I suppose my main point is that these are unusual times.

Everything reported (so might be untrue) is that they had a 'gentlemans' agreement to sell him *for a price* last summer - which United didn't meet. they also (by reports) have a similar agreement this summer, for a lesser price.

So if United agree to the price, they can buy him. If United do not agree to the price, as they didn't last summer, they do not buy him and Dortmund either keep him or he goes elsewhere for the agreed price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

He needs to develop a lot more than his finishing tbh.

He's got the potential to be great but his all round game is very weak in parts. He's very fast and is great when the ball is played in behind for him to run onto. His finishing could improve but I'd be more eager to see his decision making improve... He tries to do it himself far too often, generally results into him running into people and when he isn't doing that he's trying to spray a long range pass rather than a simple pass and move. He's one of the reasons we struggle to break down teams imo. Play either breaks down or gets slowed down with him far too often.

I don't think Ole will get him their either. Funny enough, if his pace went, he might actually be forced to develop his game more.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Ole nominated for pl manager of the season along with pep, Rodgers, moyes, biesla.
    Its possible to vote via the fpl app if bothered to vote.

West ham finished only 1 point behind Leicester so I'd prob go with moyes as overachieved more then the other 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,118 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Ole nominated for pl manager of the season along with pep, Rodgers, moyes, biesla.
    Its possible to vote via the fpl app if bothered to vote.

West ham finished only 1 point behind Leicester so I'd prob go with moyes as overachieved more then the other 4.

Moyes by some stretch imo, considering the starting point and their expectations for the season he has done exceptionally well.

Moyes - as above

Pep - recovered from a shytty start to win the league comfortably

Biesla - first year up and didn't try to get too clever with his tactics, stuck with what brought them to the dance

Ole - second place is grand but considering the flux at those below nothing to write home about

Rodgers - managed to cock up a nearly uncockupable position

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Moyes by some stretch imo, considering the starting point and their expectations for the season he has done exceptionally well.

Moyes - as above

Biesla - first year up and didn't try to get too clever with his tactics, stuck with what brought them to the dance

Ole - second place is grand but considering the flux at those below nothing to write home about

Your being a tad unfair on ole, finished undefeated away and got 2nd comfortably when was expected to come 4th by many.
    Plus had no preseason, ****e start and then having to play at least 2 games a week for nearly every week of the season.
    Had to deal with various crisis like maquire jail , cavaini ban, Greenwood drop from England, progba agent, martial lack of goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,118 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Your being a tad unfair on ole, finished undefeated away and got 2nd comfortably when was expected to come 4th by many.
    Plus had no preseason, ****e start and then having to play at least 2 games a week for nearly every week of the season.
    Had to deal with various crisis like maquire jail , cavaini ban, Greenwood drop from England, progba agent, martial lack of goals.

He was expected to come 4th behind City, LFC and Chelsea.

City won it.

LFC had horrendous injuries.

Chelsea had a crapper manager for half the season.

And we didnt come second comfortably, it wasnt until game week 36 or 37 that it was confirmed, top 4 was achieved comfortably though.

• Advertisement

Nah, I think in terms of purely league stuff, he deserves some praise.

Personally, I think he did extremely well in the league. At the end of the day. The issues other teams faced could have affected us too, but we navigated round them.

His cup issues were where I get extremely agitated. And while I think we could have done better in the league, I think we can say he had a solid league campaign.

So if United agree to the price, they can buy him. If United do not agree to the price, as they didn't last summer, they do not buy him and Dortmund either keep him or he goes elsewhere for the agreed price.

Woody working in a few add-ons based on votes secured for balon d'Or and insta followers reached

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Nah, I think in terms of purely league stuff, he deserves some praise.

Personally, I think he did extremely well in the league. At the end of the day. The issues other teams faced could have affected us too, but we navigated round them.

His cup issues were where I get extremely agitated. And while I think we could have done better in the league, I think we can say he had a solid league campaign.

We lost 6 home games!?

We lost 6 home games!?

And we lost 0 away games.

Not saying he had a perfect run. Just think he absolutely deserves to be on the shortlist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

And we lost 0 away games.

Not saying he had a perfect run. Just think he absolutely deserves to be on the shortlist.

I dont understand this obsession with not losing away. Despite this, it wasnt the best away record in the league. Drew 7 of the matches in a season when there was no away fans. Would have been better risking losing some of them and winning than drawing.

Reminds me of an argument before about Arsenal invincibles. The point of football is winning, not not losing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Moyes - as above

Moyes for me but Biesla a very close second. I think you've slightly undersold him. He did a great job at adjusting things (without changing the overall philosophy or style of play) as the season went on.

Pep has to be somewhere up there for winning the league but he should be winning the league.

Ole and Rodgers a fair bit off the pace. Undefeated is impressive, but losing 1 in 3 at home is equally unimpressive.
    Rodgers did great to get Leicester up there all season but the collapse was almost scripted.

I would have thrown a wildcard in there in the form of Potter. Huge achievement to stay up with that squad and he had them playing a nice brand of football. If they had any luck, we wouldn't have had an unbeaten away record, they played us off the park at times.

• Advertisement

Watching Fergie doc.

Amazing how you'd still hang on his every word.

Whatever it is, the man has it in spades

Where is it available to see?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Where is it available to see?
    It's on Amazon Prime.

POKERKING wrote: »
    I dont understand this obsession with not losing away. Despite this, it wasnt the best away record in the league. Drew 7 of the matches in a season when there was no away fans. Would have been better risking losing some of them and winning than drawing.

Reminds me of an argument before about Arsenal invincibles. The point of football is winning, not not losing.

Glass appears to be completely empty for some of you.

Is it the perfect season? No. Is it where we want or think the club should be? No. Might a different manager do better? It’s very possible. Is everything about Ole bad or wrong? No, no it isn’t.

Ole has managed the squad well from a man manager POV. Anybody who can keep Pogba relatively quiet when he has been wanting to leave for years, is managing that time bomb well. There’s no regularly player unhappy stories being leaked to press. As low a bar this is, 2 seasons in the top 4 is something we haven’t been able to do since SAF. The squad looks more balanced and ready to take another step this summer (with the right additions). A lot of draws would suggest we can make up massive points next season by just making them wins.

All in all it does seem like slow and steady progress in general. But some of you go on as if there is absolutely nothing positive at all about Oles tenure at the club. You just focus on everything that he is not doing , without any counter balance to the topic.

I was thinking about Anchelloti there. I would of liked to of seen what he could do at United but then remembered people presume Jose was finished when he joined United (even though he had only won the league 12 months before joining us). Anchelloti failing at United would allow fans to equally say “ah but he was in the twilight of his career” and further excuse the mess of a club putting responsibility back on the managers.

If we are going to get a top coach it has to be somebody who is at their peak now and there can be no doubt as to whether they are on their A game or not. Maybe it suits the glazers to not hire such a manager , managers have been great shields for them the last few years.

I do try to credit Ole where he deserves it, and I do think he will leave the squad in a better place.

But I just can't look past the evidence that points to a lack of coaching.

AWB back post issues and defending set pieces - they are criminal weak points of the team, for 2 years. It is inexcusable that there is no improvement in either aspect

Our inability to create against a low block is also extremely well known, and getting no better.

He has done a decent job, but I see no evidence that he has the chops to do a better one.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement