Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer/Gossip 23/24 - [New Thread Available]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,104 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Just watched this. Pretty decent analysis of what he will bring to us (although it’s intended for Euro 2020)

https://youtu.be/9q1RUIxgOpE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

If Sancho gets confirmed, I would not be surprised to see Martial push for an exit. Second choice in all three front positions. and if Rashford is out you could arguable put Sancho left and Greenwood right.

If we did sell Marital he would have to be replaced. Wonder would a move for Ings be on the cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Nobody is going to pay Martial's wages. Though I'd imagine without the incentives that are no doubt tacked on to make big bad United's wages look massive they may not be that bad. Who knows really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I wouldn't be disappointed to see Martial leave.

Extremely underwhelming overall.

He could do well elsewhere but not for me. Would need to be replaced adequately though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

If Sancho gets confirmed, I would not be surprised to see Martial push for an exit. Second choice in all three front positions. and if Rashford is out you could arguable put Sancho left and Greenwood right.

If we did sell Marital he would have to be replaced. Wonder would a move for Ings be on the cards.

Id be happy to see him go. But I agree, he needs to be replaced.

Realistically wouldn't mind seeing Matic or Bailly go either. Though I seen anything to suggest that either would be leaving. Both would also need replacing.

Lingard seems most likely to leave, but I wouldnt mind him staying as back up if Martial left.

Jones could go too.

Pogba doesnt seem to be leaving unless a decent swap deal is arranged.

We basically are lumbered with plenty of players who may be hard to move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

You could genuinely have found the same story yesterday, the day before and the day before and so on.

Just a knock on effect of the 24 hour news cycle I think in some ways

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Unsure why anyone would be paying attention to the dailies on Sancho. It's not going to be announced until they have him leaning against the Carrington wall.

Liam O wrote: »
    Unsure why anyone would be paying attention to the dailies on Sancho. It's not going to be announced until they have him leaning against the Carrington wall.

They could very well announce an agreement with Dortmund pending contract and medical, which is a very common way of transfers being announced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

We've nearly reached the point where we pay what was initially asked by selling club. Happy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

We've nearly reached the point where we pay what was initially asked by selling club. Happy days

I think they've done well on this transfer, haven't been held to ransom. This is a player valued at 120M last year. They know his valuation plummets through the summer as there's not many windows left in his contract. Was never going to be an early summer deal as unfortunate as that is. Hopefully be confirmed soon and then a CDM and I'd be content enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,349 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

I think they've done well on this transfer, haven't been held to ransom. This is a player valued at 120M last year. They know his valuation plummets through the summer as there's not many windows left in his contract. Was never going to be an early summer deal as unfortunate as that is. Hopefully be confirmed soon and then a CDM and I'd be content enough

sign him next season if that's the case. shave off another couple of mill.

if it happens, what should happen with martial? juve is the only place i can see him going.

and then the headache with DDG.

hopefully this is all being dealt with, but i doubt it

Just watched this. Pretty decent analysis of what he will bring to us (although it’s intended for Euro 2020)

https://youtu.be/9q1RUIxgOpE

its a good analysis. my main worry from looking at it, and from looking up the stats, is that he is predominantly a LW who cuts in, or a RW who goes on the outside.

will a RW who wants to go on the outside work with AWB?

its a good analysis. my main worry from looking at it, and from looking up the stats, is that he is predominantly a LW who cuts in, or a RW who goes on the outside.

will a RW who wants to go on the outside work with AWB?

Imo it's what awb needs. Someone out there who can pull players away from him. He's often out there on his own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭piplip87

What to do with Pogba ? I still think buy a holding midfielder, ditch the 4231 and go 433. You see Pogba for France when he has Kante beside him. Him, Bruno, Sancho, Greenwood and Cavani would tear defences apart if we got rid of the double DM system.

piplip87 wrote: »
    What to do with Pogba ? I still think buy a holding midfielder, ditch the 4231 and go 433. You see Pogba for France when he has Kante beside him. Him, Bruno, Sancho, Greenwood and Cavani would tear defences apart if we got rid of the double DM system.

i think pogba should be sold, for even 20m if there is a willing buyer. he will leave for free next summer.

now that i type this, if anyone can...his run meters for utd vs france. that will tell us a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

i think pogba should be sold, for even 20m if there is a willing buyer. he will leave for free next summer.

now that i type this, if anyone can...his run meters for utd vs france. that will tell us a lot.

Too true.....a blind man could see that he ‘cares’ when playing for France,has better players around him so hasn’t to worry if he loses the ball,he is actually tracking back consistently in the Euros,something he has never done at Utd!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

He's ran 28.2km over the course of 3 games for France which is an average of 9.4km per game.

I'm not sure this is the silver bullet you think it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

If it was a choice between Pogba and his French compatriot Martial I know which one I would be keeping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

The best thing we can do for pogba at Utd. Is but Mbpapee and Kante

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,104 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Hearing from a source that we’ve moved 5 more inches closer to Sancho this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Closer than Close now

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

ParkRunner wrote: »
    If it was a choice between Pogba and his French compatriot Martial I know which one I would be keeping

Neither?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭NITRO95

ParkRunner wrote: »

William Prunier

Pogba player of the tournament so far according to the guys on Newstalk.

• Advertisement

I see the guy I do wish we were pursuing for right wing on the scoresheet for Italy.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

FatherTed wrote: »

Mad he’s gone about 6 years and he’s still the last actual right winger we had.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Mad he’s gone about 6 years and he’s still the last actual right winger we had.

Valencia was after him. Sanchez was also bought for rm. Di Maria also played rm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,636 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Valencia was after him. Sanchez was also bought for rm. Di Maria also played rm.

You ain't making it better

• Advertisement

[Bouhafsi] Manchester United has officially expressed interest in Camavinga . Man United will even meet his entourage next week to convince him to join United. PSG remains the priority of the player. He would like to stay in France

Bouhasfsi is pretty much the bible for French player news. Would imagine that it would be a "If Pogba goes" scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭KH25

Lord TSC wrote: »
    [Bouhafsi] Manchester United has officially expressed interest in Camavinga . Man United will even meet his entourage next week to convince him to join United. PSG remains the priority of the player. He would like to stay in France

Bouhasfsi is pretty much the bible for French player news. Would imagine that it would be a "If Pogba goes" scenario.

Is he not more of a DM? Pogba shouldn’t really come into it if so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

To me he'd be more the player United want Pogba to be given we now have Bruno.

I think he'd be a great addition if Pogba was to move on but we'd probably be more likely to tempt him to join us ahead of PSG if Pogba stuck around.

KH25 wrote: »
    Is he not more of a DM? Pogba shouldn’t really come into it if so.

Apparently spent most of this season as a more traditional CM.

[Ruhr Nachrichten] Manchester United will match Dortmund's €90m + bonuses valuation for Sancho, with a agreement to be expected soon. BVB are targeting Noni Madueke from Eindhoven as his replacement.

Dortmund mouthpieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭TRC10

If we end up getting Sancho and Camavinga it does put the pressure on Ole to win a trophy or mount a serious title challenge

Sanchez was obviously not bought for rw, Di Maria didn't play there for us much, no more than he did as a striker.

TRC10 wrote: »
    If we end up getting Sancho and Camavinga it does put the pressure on Ole to win a trophy or mount a serious title challenge

He's United manager. Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lord TSC wrote: »
    [Ruhr Nachrichten] Manchester United will match Dortmund's €90m + bonuses valuation for Sancho, with a agreement to be expected soon. BVB are targeting Noni Madueke from Eindhoven as his replacement.

Dortmund mouthpieces.

So two transfer windows of lowballing and in the end they give BVB what they want. That is a masterclass from BVB really.

He's United manager. Yes.

Yeah but you can be a big club and also have a squad that's clearly not as good as City or Chelsea's for example.

If Spurs had our squad and came 2nd nobody would bat an eye.

But because it's United, we should be doing better

• Advertisement

Nice to see the Camavinga story has legs.

He looks an incredible talent.

Be an amazing coup to land him.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Sanchez was obviously not bought for rw, Di Maria didn't play there for us much, no more than he did as a striker.
    he was bought for mainly rm as we already has martial and rashford for the left side and swapped for Mkhitaryan. It was only when he was terrible on the right that he was tried on left and upfront etc.

Yeah but you can be a big club and also have a squad that's clearly not as good as City or Chelsea's for example.

If Spurs had our squad and came 2nd nobody would bat an eye.

But because it's United, we should be doing better

You don't need a team better than Chelsea or City to mount a challenge. Could get 102 points from beating everyone else.

he was bought for mainly rm as we already has martial and rashford for the left side and swapped for Mkhitaryan. It was only when he was terrible on the right that he was tried on left and upfront etc.

No.

Rashford and Martial were immediately shunted out to the right for Sanchez.

It baffles me we didn't try him on the right, but we basically didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

So two transfer windows of lowballing and in the end they give BVB what they want. That is a masterclass from BVB really.

Not really, Dortmund wanted 120m last year.. huge difference

You don't need a team better than Chelsea or City to mount a challenge. Could get 102 points from beating everyone else.

In theory yes, even if winning 36 games has never happened.

Anyway all I'm saying is if we fill the gaping holes at CM and RW with 2 very good players, then there's added pressure on him to deliver.

I don't see how that's an objectionable statement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

In theory yes, even if winning 36 games has never happened.

Anyway all I'm saying is if we fill the gaping holes at CM and RW with 2 very good players, then there's added pressure on him to deliver.

I don't see how that's an objectionable statement

So, if we sign 2 players, City sign 3 and Chelsea sign 3...... Does that put less pressure on Utd and Ole to win?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,273 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Trigger wrote: »
    Not really, Dortmund wanted 120m last year.. huge difference
    Dortmund didn't want to sell him last summer, but would have if the anyone was crazy enough to pay their asking price. They were willing to sell him this year, so had a lower asking price. On both occasions Utd dicked around offering much lower than the asking price, because they were arrogant enought to think that Dortmund would fold. Eventually they've had to pay the asking price. Even if it is less than last year, Utds transfer negotiation policy has again been shown to be amateur.

So, if we sign 2 players, City sign 3 and Chelsea sign 3...... Does that put less pressure on Utd and Ole to win?

No because City and Chelsea are adding depth to already top class starting XIs (except for maybe Chelsea at ST)

Neither City or Chelsea have serious issues in certain positions like we do at RW and CM.

In the case of City, you wonder if more signings will actually do that much for them, you wonder how many more points Kane or Grealish will be worth for them.

Sancho will make us better than Grealish will make City. Becauase Grealish will be coming into a squad that already has Sterling and Foden who he'll be rotating with.

• Advertisement

No evidence of either Sanchez or Di Maria being brought in for right wing. Valencia was alright.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement