Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer/Gossip 23/24 - [New Thread Available]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Lord TSC wrote: »
    [Bouhafsi] Manchester United has officially expressed interest in Camavinga . Man United will even meet his entourage next week to convince him to join United. PSG remains the priority of the player. He would like to stay in France

Bouhasfsi is pretty much the bible for French player news. Would imagine that it would be a "If Pogba goes" scenario.

This would please me.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

[Ruhr Nachrichten] Manchester United will match Dortmund's €90m + bonuses valuation for Sancho, with a agreement to be expected soon. BVB are targeting Noni Madueke from Eindhoven as his replacement.

Dortmund mouthpieces.

To be fair, I don't think I saw an update on us being close to agreement yesterday here did I? Only Twitter and those lovely WhatsApp group chats you hear about :D

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

No wonder Bruno is not playing the best, played 84 games in a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

He'll obviously be disappointed but I'm glad Bruno isn't playing.

Plenty rest needed for next season.

Sancho not playing either is great, no MOTM performances to increase his price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Bruno looks so flat the past few months. He needs a good holiday. Still great option for Portugal to spring from bench if needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Bruno looks so flat the past few months. He needs a good holiday. Still great option for Portugal to spring from bench if needed.

That could be said for a lot of Utd players that they need a rest, Rashford comes to mind although I think he is getting surgery done when England are done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,104 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Good luck to Dalot tonight. He might be back as the number 2 to AWB this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

He'll obviously be disappointed but I'm glad Bruno isn't playing.

Plenty rest needed for next season.

Sancho not playing either is great, no MOTM performances to increase his price.

Just looking there , Bruno played 50% more minutes (or 1.5 times as much) as De Bruyne last season. When you factor in how brutal the last 14 months have Been for players it’s ridiculous.

Do you let him have a longer summer break? Defo rest him for league cup, fa cup and lessor Cl games. (Surely CL group won’t be as nasty as last season)

Good luck to Dalot tonight. He might be back as the number 2 to AWB this season.

I’m still bemused as to how Dalot and Fred were not able to help United make up 20 points in the league when we finished second…

Drumpot wrote: »
    Just looking there , Bruno played 50% more minutes (or 1.5 times as much) as De Bruyne last season. When you factor in how brutal the last 14 months have Been for players it’s ridiculous.

Do you let him have a longer summer break? Defo rest him for league cup, fa cup and lessor Cl games. (Surely CL group won’t be as nasty as last season)

Bruno won’t want to be rested I’d expect based on his previous comments when asked about it. Maybe in league cup games but he will probably play almost every other game when fit.

• Advertisement

Drumpot wrote: »
    I’m still bemused as to how Dalot and Fred were not able to help United make up 20 points in the league when we finished second…

I’d prefer that Dalot returns to be backup to AWB (who played 54 games last season) to allow us to potentially sign a CDM instead of Trippier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭KH25

I’d prefer that Dalot returns to be backup to AWB (who played 54 games last season) to allow us to potentially sign a CDM instead of Trippier.

Same here. When you consider the fee going around for Trippier is €40m, i would much rather Dalot come back as number 2 to AWB and put the money towards another area that needs it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,773 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Bruno won’t want to be rested I’d expect based on his previous comments when asked about it. Maybe in league cup games but he will probably play almost every other game when fit.

Shouldn't be his decision though. A strong manager would bench him for his own good and the good of the team. A very occasional rotation can be the difference in winning vital points later in the season

Weepsie wrote: »
    Shouldn't be his decision though. A strong manager would bench him for his own good and the good of the team. A very occasional rotation can be the difference in winning vital points later in the season

I agree with you 100% but I think his desire to play every game might have a strong influence on Ole.

Yep look at what City were able to do in the final third of last season, lots of rotation. (which didn’t help my fantasy football team, but that’s another issue :P ) - I think we all expected DvdB to be a key part of that rotation but he wasn’t really used much.

I agree with you 100% but I think his desire to play every game might have a strong influence on Ole.

Yep look at what City were able to do in the final third of last season, lots of rotation. (which didn’t help my fantasy football team, but that’s another issue :P ) - I think we all expected DvdB to be a key part of that rotation but he wasn’t really used much.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kevin-de-bruyne/leistungsdaten/spieler/88755

De Bruyne wasn’t rested that much. He was injured for couple of times during the season. But you also have to factor in the cup draws United got versus other teams.

The group of death in the CL. Practically an EPL or strong team in Every league cup and fa cup game. Nobody got anywhere near as tough a draw in pretty much every tournament. United do over rely on Bruno but regardless of manager, Pep has a much bigger squad to rotate , with more options and his team had far more room to rest players with easier draws.

Fernandes has carried his end of season lethargy into the tournament. It's another reason for resting him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭skinny90

Jeez Dalot is shocking

Nothing wrong with lukakus touch tonight. Collecting the ball deep and laying it off or running at defence plenty

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Bruno gets to have some extra rest, and nothing is delaying Ronaldo transfer to us now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Weepsie wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with lukakus touch tonight. Collecting the ball deep and laying it off or running at defence plenty

Off on his adventures a few times in 2nd half alright. He had no clue where he was headed but looked like he was enjoying himself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Some great quotes tonight from Luke Shaw regarding Mourinho. Shaw finally lays into him by saying that he knew he could outlast him at United and that he doesn’t understand why he (Jose) keeps talking about him. Love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭duffman13

GSPfan wrote: »
    Some great quotes tonight from Luke Shaw regarding Mourinho. Shaw finally lays into him by saying that he knew he could outlast him at United and that he doesn’t understand why he (Jose) keeps talking about him. Love it.

Shaw, 25, said: “There is no hiding that we didn’t get on. It is time to move on. I am trying to move on but, obviously, he can’t.

“Hopefully he can find his peace with that and finally move and stop worrying about me. Clearly I am in his head a lot and he clearly thinks about me a lot

“I don’t really understand it, to be honest. I don’t know why he is still going on and wanting to point at me. I don’t feel like the set pieces were as bad as he was saying.

“I might have done one in the second half, a corner that didn’t get over the first man.

“But that was one out of three. The other two or three, I don’t think, were as ‘dramatically bad’ as he says. Look, he has got to do his job. He has got his opinion.

“I am used to him saying negative stuff about me now, so I just pass it by. I leave it be, I ignore it. I just focus on what the coaching staff say here, what Gareth says and that’s that, really.”

Fair play to him, it was demeaning and insulting what he said when he was at the club. Now it just looks bitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Dalot would be fine to take over the TFM/Williams backup full back role.

Not really pushed about spending 40m on a 30 year old back up when we have gaping issues in the first XI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭paulbok

pjohnson wrote: »
    Dalot would be fine to take over the TFM/Williams backup full back role.

Not really pushed about spending 40m on a 30 year old back up when we have gaping issues in the first XI.

What's happening with Laird, is he going out on loan again this year?
    Another year with a prem team should have him ready to compete against AWB next year, so signing Trippier wouldn't make sense, esp at the fees bandied about.
    Dalot this year as cover then bring in Laird next, makes more sense and as others have pointed out, frees up cash for other areas.

[Bouhafsi] Manchester United has officially expressed interest in Camavinga . Man United will even meet his entourage next week to convince him to join United. PSG remains the priority of the player. He would like to stay in France

Follow up tweet.

[Mohamed Bouhafsi] Player's agent Jonathan Barnett has officially informed Rennes about the talks with United. Rennes discuss with another player's Manchester, is aware of the talks between United and the Camavinga. The player's agent will meet with United this week.Isn't that a concrete interest?

Player has 1 year left on his contract. Rennes want 100m (obviously not going to happen for a 19 year old you can get for free next year). Worry is the player apparently wants to stay close to family in France, and would rather a PSG move. But PSG don't seem that interested right now.

Follow up tweet.

[Mohamed Bouhafsi] Player's agent Jonathan Barnett has officially informed Rennes about the talks with United. Rennes discuss with another player's Manchester, is aware of the talks between United and the Camavinga. The player's agent will meet with United this week.Isn't that a concrete interest?

Player has 1 year left on his contract. Rennes want 100m (obviously not going to happen for a 19 year old you can get for free next year). Worry is the player apparently wants to stay close to family in France, and would rather a PSG move. But PSG don't seem that interested right now.

What worries me most if true is that we sign him only for him to get homesick and want the PSG move next summer again leaving us a midfielder short.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

pjohnson wrote: »
    What worries me most if true is that we sign him only for him to get homesick and want the PSG move next summer again leaving us a midfielder short.

Well if hes 1 year left, we can but him now and then Jack up the price next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Would be very surprised if we signed Camavinga, mainly cause he seemed destined to sign for PSG or one of Barca/Real.

Still can't imagine United getting it done. With only a year left on his contract United will smell a bargain, and I would worry another club would swoop in while United try to get him for 10million.

Would be an interesting buy, very young, would take time to adapt. As far as I know of him,would be very much the deep lying play maker type of signing. So would be a promising signing in terms of what it might mean for style of play. But that type of player, particularly an inexperienced one, would absolutely require time to adapt to the league and the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭TheG0AT

Would be very surprised if we signed Camavinga, mainly cause he seemed destined to sign for PSG or one of Barca/Real.

Barca and Real are broke. They can't afford a taxi never mind a player. Huge debts and asked with stadium upgrades they can't afford or can't start

Barca have signed Aguero, Depay and Garcia on frees.... Barcelona can't afford to buy a take away coffee

Real have to sell to buy, Varane is being sold to fund a move for Pau Torres; Jovic, Odeegaard and others being sold to buy mbappe

There's a reason these two clubs why give up the ESL, they're screwed without it

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Well if hes 1 year left, we can but him now and then Jack up the price next year.

The Dortmund Special. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

TheG0AT wrote: »
    Barca and Real are broke. They can't afford a taxi never mind a player. Huge debts and asked with stadium upgrades they can't afford or can't start

Barca have signed Aguero, Depay and Garcia on frees.... Barcelona can't afford to buy a take away coffee

Real have to sell to buy, Varane is being sold to fund a move for Pau Torres; Jovic, Odeegaard and others being sold to buy mbappe

There's a reason these two clubs why give up the ESL, they're screwed without it

Camarvinga will be on a free transfer next summer if he doens't sign a new contract - so he could just wait it out if he wants to. But your point does mean (to some extent) they may not swoop in while we inevitably dick around on price. PSG could easily swoop in though, if they want to. They do have a couple of players in his position though so maybe he isn't a priority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

If Rennes want 100m for Camavinga then what would Pogba be worth this summer?

Would probably accept Pogba to PSG and Camavinga to United for ~50% of what PSG give us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I want a 100m

does mean ill get it

One of today's stories is lingaard getting a 3 year extension, presumably to protect value or some nonsense.

Now as with all rumours I take it with a pinch of salt, but if they're extending the contract he's then a squad player and used as such in an effective manner (don't see any of that under Ole) but otherwise just sell him and get the deal done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

We're incredibly dumb to extend Lingards contract. But would I be surprised? not a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

duffman13 wrote: »
    Shaw, 25, said: “There is no hiding that we didn’t get on. It is time to move on. I am trying to move on but, obviously, he can’t.

“Hopefully he can find his peace with that and finally move and stop worrying about me. Clearly I am in his head a lot and he clearly thinks about me a lot

“I don’t really understand it, to be honest. I don’t know why he is still going on and wanting to point at me. I don’t feel like the set pieces were as bad as he was saying.

“I might have done one in the second half, a corner that didn’t get over the first man.

“But that was one out of three. The other two or three, I don’t think, were as ‘dramatically bad’ as he says. Look, he has got to do his job. He has got his opinion.

“I am used to him saying negative stuff about me now, so I just pass it by. I leave it be, I ignore it. I just focus on what the coaching staff say here, what Gareth says and that’s that, really.”

Fair play to him, it was demeaning and insulting what he said when he was at the club. Now it just looks bitter

Yet there were quite a few on here using Shaw as an example of Jose's man management prowess at United!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

hahahaha

DeGea wouldnt have done that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭KH25

Headshot wrote: »
    hahahaha

DeGea wouldnt have done that

Shocking mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,349 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

croatia back in this!

opps :P

#mufc and Borussia Dortmund have agreed a fee of around €85m for Jadon Sancho #mulive [@SkySportNewsHD]

Per @utdreport at 7pm.

Although #mufc and Borussia Dortmund have agreed on a total fee for Jadon Sancho, they are still negotiating the final structure of the deal as well as instalments. The transfer is in the home stretch #mulive [@SkySportNewsHD]

Per @utdreport at 7.07pm

I wonder when we will start to make a proposal to submit a bid.....

• Advertisement

#mufc and Borussia Dortmund have agreed a fee of around €85m for Jadon Sancho #mulive [@SkySportNewsHD]

Per @utdreport at 7pm.

Although #mufc and Borussia Dortmund have agreed on a total fee for Jadon Sancho, they are still negotiating the final structure of the deal as well as instalments. The transfer is in the home stretch #mulive [@SkySportNewsHD]

Per @utdreport at 7.07pm

I wonder when we will start to make a proposal to submit a bid.....

So your saying agreement is, close? Details to iron out but both sides confident?

As with Dalot Lingard would provide value to the squad as a backup but considering Ole seemingly favoured VDB ahead of him (and he favoured VDB for nothing as it was) not much point keeping him. Sell him now his value wont be this high again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,349 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

****!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Has there been any official photos of next season's kit or any of the players wearing it? I can't recall seeing any. Just wondering if the TeamViewer contact has officially started yet? If not, you'd assume the club will be waiting until then before announcing any signings. Especially if it's a big signing like Sancho. You'd expect the club will want to release images of him in the kit as soon as they announce the deal, and they're hardly going to have the first pics of Sancho in the Chevy jersey.

Incredible goal from Pogba there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,014 ✭✭✭✭billyhead

Sick strike from Pogba. Add another 20 mil to his value:)

Would that Pogba lad be a good signing and help solve our midfield dilemma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Looks like we will defo loose Pogba now

Would that Pogba lad be a good signing and help solve our midfield dilemma

Some would sell him for €20m :P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement