Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer/Gossip 23/24 - [New Thread Available]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

KH25 wrote: »
    The tie isn’t over and the performance hasn’t been that bad. Two mistakes have them ahead. They’ve offered very little otherwise.

That's the worrying part. They haven't had to try yet. They have 2 away goals here, we couldn't score against Leeds at the weekend.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

nullzero wrote: »
    Because we've shat the bed twice already and will do so again.

Any other team in Europe would have a chance of turning this around. We don't have it in us.

How did we shat the bed twice?

°°°°°

adox wrote: »
    Haha jaysus this is getting ridiculous.

Watch us not work hard enough to turn this around in the second half.

I'd love to be wrong but we've been here before.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

That's the worrying part. They haven't had to try yet. They have 2 away goals here, we couldn't score against Leeds at the weekend.

You are bringing up league form where the only team that has out scored us this season is City?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,773 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Because we've shat the bed twice already and will do so again.

Any other team in Europe would have a chance of turning this around. We don't have it in us.

Roma were diabolical at the weekend against calgliari
    As much as you believe we don't have it in usz few teams have it in them like Roma do to completely sh!t the bed when it matters most.

2 Copa Italia 15 years ago aside, They've won nothing of note for 20 years

Every few years they're tipped and going the right way, and they find a new way to mess up

°°°°°

beakerjoe wrote: »
    How did we shat the bed twice?

Second goal shouldn't have been conceded and the penalty was the type of thing that happens to United in semi finals.

Glazers Out!

I wouldnt be panicking. We've been very good away from home, plenty of game time left to turn it around.

I hope we can at least get a goal back though before we visit Rome

°°°°°

Weepsie wrote: »
    Roma were diabolical at the weekend against calgliari
    As much as you believe we don't have it in usz few teams have it in them like Roma do to completely sh!t the bed when it matters most.

2 Copa Italia 15 years ago aside, They've won nothing of note for 20 years

Precisely why we shouldn't be 2-1 down against them but somehow we found a way.

Glazers Out!

°°°°°

I wouldnt be panicking. We've been very good away from home, plenty of game time left to turn it around.

I hope we can at least get a goal back though before we visit Rome

I hope you're right.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Something is missing here. Bring off one of Fred or McTominay, move Pogba back and put James up top.

Edit. Or Greenwood

• Advertisement

You are bringing up league form where the only team that has out scored us this season is City?

And by the same token overlooks Roma shipped 3 to a team in their own bottom 3

Second goal shouldn't have been conceded and the penalty was the type of thing that happens to United in semi finals.

The penalty was not our fault. We havent been poor IMO for the full half. A bit deflated after the 2nd though.

Im not worried yet

°°°°°

It's relevant because I think similar to the end of last season we're running players into the ground and our performances are starting to suffer.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Rashfords decision making is consistently facking woeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,349 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

the lack of long range shooting is annoying. good opportunity for fred there but he bottles it

°°°°°

The penalty was not our fault. We havent been poor IMO for the full half. A bit deflated after the 2nd though.

Im not worried yet

It's the away goals that are the problem. We're this in Rome I wouldn't be as negative, I can see us not scoring in the second half and being locked out in the second leg.

Glazers Out!

°°°°°

Rashfords decision making is consistently facking woeful.

We can't rely on our strikers. That's our problem.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Scotty has been poor, I'd probably swap him out for Greenwood.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

RASHFORD IS NOT A RIGHT WINGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Prob best to get them in at HT and regroup. It’s been one of those games, I don’t think Roma have been that good, just taken the chances (one a gift) they’ve gotten.

Hope the team can show some character in second half and turn this around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Fred or McT need to come off for Mason. Put Rashford on the left cause he offers literally nothing from the right, whereas Mason does. They'll put 11 behind the ball for the whole second half.

F*ckin pass it

Shocker from cavani

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Awful wasted chance there

FFS cavani!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Scotty has been poor, I'd probably swap him out for Greenwood.

You'd barely know he was on the pitch, very subdued tonight.

It's the away goals that are the problem. We're this in Rome I wouldn't be as negative, I can see us not scoring in the second half and being locked out in the second leg.

Nah we're better away from home, we can get the draw here and we'll beat them over here.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

our corners continue to be shocking

°°°°°

Something is missing here. Bring off one of Fred or McTominay, move Pogba back and put James up top.

Edit. Or Greenwood

I wouldn't let Daniel James anywhere near this game.

Greenwood on form is our only real hope here. He needs to come on early in the second half. He'll probably come on at the 85 minute mark though. Knackered players can't win semifinals, if Solksjaer could remember he has a bench and FIVE substitutes we'd actually have a hope of a comeback.

Glazers Out!

It's relevant because I think similar to the end of last season we're running players into the ground and our performances are starting to suffer.

Well we scored 12 goals in the previous 5 games so your post doesn’t make sense to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭dmc17

the lack of long range shooting is annoying. good opportunity for fred there but he bottles it

Seem to be trying to walk it in. Opportunities for crosses not taken either

I don’t know how we are losing this. Roma haven’t been great.

°°°°°

Well we scored 12 goals in the previous 5 games so your post doesn’t make sense to me.

Do you see solksjaer turning to the bench before the last 10 minutes tonight?

That's our problem, too many players playing too many minutes and it's catching up on them at exactly the wrong time just like last season.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Elwood_Blues

How the hell are we losing this match! We're are so f**king frustrating to watch. The team need a good kick up the hole to wake them up. Especially Lindalof, Wan Basaka and Rashford..

Ole will get them in and sort them out, we'll turn this around yet.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

unplayable wrote: »
    RASHFORD IS NOT A RIGHT WINGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’ve said this so many times before games. It frustrates the fûck out of me.

Shoehorning Rashford on the right to get Pogba in the side.

Start Greenwood on the right. Bang in form.

Rashford on the left. His natural and best position.

Cavani up top.

Pogba, Bruno and Fred/McT in the middle.

Our best 6 IMO. Incredibly annoying.

°°°°°

Drumpot wrote: »
    I don’t know how we are losing this. Roma haven’t been great.

Jammy gits tbf. We've been much better when the game has flowed but it hasn't done that very often, the ebb and flow of the game has been very generous to them tonight and they're an Italian team with 2 away goals to defend.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

I’ve said this so many times before games. It frustrates the fûck out of me.

Shoehorning Rashford on the right to get Pogba in the side.

Start Greenwood on the right. Bang in form.

Rashford on the left. His natural and best position.

Cavani up top.

Pogba, Bruno and Fred/McT in the middle.

Our best 6 IMO. Incredibly annoying.

fully agree. greenwood is in great form and should be playing. we wouldnt play shaw right back now would we. ole has to stop with this madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Hope Ole gives them a good bollocking at HT.
    Been by far the better team, yet we’re losing....

Defending for the second goal was horrific yet all the talk is were going for a striker rather than a proper CB or CDM in the summer

Tired of McFred & Magaluf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭skinny90

You’d love to think ole would loose his rag and get the players up for the 2nd half but you just know that’s not gonna happen. It’s soo ****ing predictable.
    we will go 87 mins in, Greenwood, James on for rashford and cavani.
    With still no affect well put on vdb on 90/91 mins and then when we finally go chasing the game we will get caught for 3-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Still think this game is here for the taking. Cavani has actually made a mess of two big moments since his contribution to the opener.

Do you see solksjaer turning to the bench before the last 10 minutes tonight?

That's our problem, too many players playing too many minutes and it's catching up on them ant exactly the wrong time just like last season.

Making subs is a different argument. You brought up not scoring against Leeds as a sign the team is knackered and too tired to score. I brought up the stats of the previous 5 games and goals scored. Hell we have already scored tonight and a beautiful goal it was.

You also said we shat the bed twice for the goals conceded and that’s simply not true. Even if you think the peno was the correct decision it was just unlucky from Pogba rather than panicking.

Utd played a lot worse than this in some of the group stages of the CL last year ffs.

Jammy gits tbf. We've been much better when the game has flowed but it hasn't done that very often, the ebb and flow of the game has been very generous to them tonight and they're an Italian team with 2 away goals to defend.

Maybe we will catch a break and they will get a few more injuries at half time. :pac:

Oddly enough, I would still kind of fancy United even if they went to Roma a goal down. Roma don’t look that good, if United can push on a bit more they can take this game.

°°°°°

skinny90 wrote: »
    You’d love to think ole would loose his rag and get the players up for the 2nd half but you just know that’s not gonna happen. It’s soo ****ing predictable.
    With still no affect well put on vdb on 90/91 mins and then when we finally go chasing the game we will get caught for 3-1

5 subs available tonight. We won't make 2 and they won't come on until almost injury time.

This is where solksjaer looks clueless as a manager. You can't run players into the ground like that and expect to get results.

It's exactly what happened at the end of last season, he doesn't learn.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

How the f@uck do you come out with that comment after all the sh!te you've been spouting tonight?
    Talking out your hole all evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭skinny90

Also, **** degea with that penalty attempt. shocking keeper. He needs to be sold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Is this the first game you've watched with us down at half time??

°°°°°

Also, **** degea with that penalty attempt. shocking keeper. He needs to be sold

Has he ever kept one out?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Dozyart wrote: »
    Is this the first game you've watched with us down at half time??

Queue 4-2 win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Nullzero said the exact same thing in the Granada game, that we were being outfoxed and they would go through etc etc etc. Only shows up when things are going bad.

We are making a meal of this to be fair. We seem a bit desperate. Just need to calm down. These aren't great and I'd still fancy us to go through. Big second half though.

Fred and McTominay have been really poor. If Wan Bissaka is going to play that far forward then one has to martial that channel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement