Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer/Gossip 23/24 - [New Thread Available]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Discodog wrote: »
    The difference is that Jose would forcefully argue his case & push against Woodward. I can't see Ole doing that.

FYP Jose would throw all his toys out of the pram. I can't see Ole doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

So Cavani might be signing a two year deal with United is the latest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

beno619 wrote: »
    I don't buy this. Any player is allowed to ask for whatever doesn't mean they should get it. City are not going to put everyone at the club on KDB money.

Was strongly rumoured that Roy Keane had it written into his contract that he had to be the highest paid player at the club. If you think that players and agents don't use similar wages for other players for leverage, thats a very naive stance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

pjohnson wrote: »
    Hopefully its Sancho.

Then cheaper squad padding at RB (maybe GK depends on DDG accepting #2 really)

With Dalot, Williams and Laird, I'm not sure about the calls for another RB. I'd take someone like Trippier for a knockdown fee, but we have 3 decent young players there. One of them needs to step up.

RW and CM are the gaping holes in the squad, along with a genuinely top class CB and ST (when Cavani goes, even before that if he gets more injury prone).

I hope we're not spending time dicking around chasing reserve RBs and GKs at the expense of key positions which must be filled for us to kick on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Was strongly rumoured that Roy Keane had it written into his contract that he had to be the highest paid player at the club. If you think that players and agents don't use similar wages for other players for leverage, thats a very naive stance.

They can try all they like, it's up to the club to pay what they feel a player is worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

They can try all they like, it's up to the club to pay what they feel a player is worth.

Or the player decides to leave because they srent getting valued the same as the other guy and starts agitating for a move. There's a reason why clubs try to keep wage structures in place and players absolutely derive value from their wages relative to their peers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,338 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

And if you have players that can be considered either better or performing better than players who are not, such as Sanchez when paid 100k more than the next or possibly even ddg now, you'll can have guys saying if 350 or 400 is what you think your v best is worth, then pay me that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Or the player decides to leave because they srent getting valued the same as the other guy and starts agitating for a move. There's a reason why clubs try to keep wage structures in place and players absolutely derive value from their wages relative to their peers.
    And if you have players that can be considered either better or performing better than players who are not, such as Sanchez when paid 100k more than the next or possibly even ddg now, you'll can have guys saying if 350 or 400 is what you think your v best is worth, then pay me that.

I don't disagree with those argument and they can co exist with mine. I just don't like the idea of players being singled out for ruining the wage structure when its up to the club to deal with all the competing interests and control the budget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Hard to know how Ole should approach today's game. Set out to dominate and go for the juggler or sit back and hit them on the counter. I can definitely see a valid case for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Rega

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Set out to dominate and go for the juggler or sit back and hit them on the counter.

Just need to concentrate on avoiding the circus around the event. It's a tightrope act. Don't want to look like a bunch of clowns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Obviously I'd like the win but not too fussed.

Its winning Europa that will hopefully be the highlight of this season not todays game.

Rega wrote: »
    Just need to concentrate on avoiding the circus around the event. It's a tightrope act. Don't want to look like a bunch of clowns
    Touché, I deserved that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Louis Friend

Its winning Europa that will hopefully be the highlight of this season not todays game.

I’ll be shot for saying this, but if there were two doors, with the Europa League trophy behind one and denying Liverpool Champions League football behind the other, I know which door I’d walk through…

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Hard to know how Ole should approach today's game. Set out to dominate and go for the juggler or sit back and hit them on the counter. I can definitely see a valid case for both.

Nah, screw that. I want to win.

A win today secures CL football next season. It also secures us finishing above “The Greatest Team Ever!”

Beating the reigning champions would be a huge motivational boost. Especially such a heated rival that has been having a better few seasons than us recently.

This is the type of game I expect them to be fired up for. No, it’s not a massively important match. Losing doesn’t affect us massively in terms of potential trophies or missing out CL football.

But it’s been a while since we went into a Liverpool match on such a high and them on such a low. I want the message to be a desire to compound their misery a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I'd happily take Liverpool not getting champions league over United winning the europa league and yes I am that bitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I’m more excited to see how the protest goes today and the outcome from it.

Adidas are rumoured not to be happy with shirt sales, social media is awash with #GlazersOut under United posts as well as Tampa Bay Buccaners and other sponsors. Fantastic to see.

Hope it goes off without it a hitch, plenty of noise and the leeches notice.

As for the game, think it has 0-0 all over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

I just want to win all our remaining games ..simples :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Adidas are rumoured not to be happy with shirt sales,

It's like no one could of predicted a zebra design and a snake skin jersey would of not been that popular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I'd happily take Liverpool not getting champions league over United winning the europa league and yes I am that bitter

Need them to get Europa next season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Can't see them getting champions league at this stage, Chelsea seem to have that last spot wrapped up.

I'd be hoping Liverpool get the europa league spot just to keep them busy next season.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I think Liverpool would feel a win today would keep them in contention for 4th based on Chelseas remaining fixtures.

I think a win for United would be just as beneficial in adding to the momentum of the past few months as it would in securing 2nd place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Can't see them getting champions league at this stage, Chelsea seem to have that last spot wrapped up.

I'd be hoping Liverpool get the europa league spot just to keep them busy next season.

5th place will have a CL spot if we win the Europa.

Ill be quite happy with an uneventful 0-0 and let West Ham go 3 clear of them in 5th tomorrow night.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

paulbok wrote: »
    5th place will have a CL spot if we win the Europa.
    No it won't. An extra place is only awarded if the EL winners haven't already qualified for the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Acosta

Sirsok wrote: »
    It's like no one could of predicted a zebra design and a snake skin jersey would of not been that popular.

The best Adidas jerseys are when they are plain and simple. The jerseys nearly always look horrible when they try to be adventurous. The best United Adidas tops of the current deal came early on when LVG was the boss. That said I haven't really liked any of them due to that horrible Chevrolet logo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I’m more excited to see how the protest goes today and the outcome from it.

Adidas are rumoured not to be happy with shirt sales, social media is awash with #GlazersOut under United posts as well as Tampa Bay Buccaners and other sponsors. Fantastic to see.

Hope it goes off without it a hitch, plenty of noise and the leeches notice.

As for the game, think it has 0-0 all over it.

They’re at the team hotel already - https://twitter.com/redissue/status/1388820939291430917?s=21

There’s a rumour that Gary & Keane will be covering some of it for Sky at 1pm from hotel football. Not sure how true that is. Guess we’ll find out soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Not sure of the point in protesting at the Lowry. The players and manager shouldn’t be facing the brunt of this.

Not sure of the point in protesting at the Lowry. The players and manager shouldn’t be facing the brunt of this.

Not sure either. Also seeing suggestions that there will be disruptions to the team bus(es) path - with the aim to send a message. Wouldn’t be surprised if it results in delays to kick off.

No it won't. An extra place is only awarded if the EL winners haven't already qualified for the CL.

But Mata IS cup tied, right?

(I’m not sure how often the EL thing will need to be explained cause I keep seeing it repeated so confidently).

Publicity.

Any good protest should take place where it gets the most attention, and forces the most discussion. I agree it’s not the players and managers at fault, but doing it there, where the media will all be congregated for team photos, gets the most attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Nah, United winning a trophy is better.

We need to lay down a marker of our progress this season today, no fannying around is acceptable today. Hit the ground running and don't allow Liverpool a chance.

These games throw form out the window though, anything is possible so a loss wouldn't surprise.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Massive game today......

.....for Liverpool. They need to win to get any chance of top four, a loss today essentially kills that. Chelsea have some very difficult games coming up and their win yesterday piles on the pressure even more. Liverpool absolutely need a win today.

Hopefully we put out our best 11 and make light work of the reigning champions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Liverpool will be desperate today and we played on Thursday. It's often the case that it can take a half hour or so to get the legs going after a midweek game so if we can keep it tight for first half then I think we will grow into the game.

I'm not overly fussed about the game today even though its Liverpool. It's not going to happen, but I'd love to get Bruno and a couple of others a rest.

Can see the protests having a negative effect on the players.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Can see the protests having a negative effect on the players.

Doubt there will be a game to play so it’s grand.

Well if the game has to be called off because of the protests thats certainly not gunna be "grand" for us. More likely a forfeited result. Maybe even points deduction. Farce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Yeah feels like we’re in cancelling territory now.

I went last week to the protest and it just felt like a match day, good weather and it felt people were happy to just be in with the fans again.

Today’s feels more sinister with the protesters at the Lowry at first. But I didn’t expect them to get onto the pitch. This is wild.

That could be the title handed to City so and I can't imagine the players will be too happy.

Well if the game has to be called off because of the protests thats certainly not gunna be "grand" for us. More likely a forfeited result. Maybe even points deduction. Farce.

No point getting ahead of yourself about that yet. Let’s see what happens. A massive statement has been made today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

No point getting ahead of yourself about that yet. Let’s see what happens. A massive statement has been made today.

What is that statement?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

At least they didnt try to fcuk up the Europa Semi. Remaining Europa games arent at OT so should be safe from daft disruption.

What is that statement?

The fans have turned out in massive numbers to protest. Not everyone will get it, I understand that.

BBC saying there is no danger of the game being called off but not sure what that's based on.

Has the bus managed to leave the hotel yet?

Can't see the game going ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Happy to see this protest today, need to keep the pressure on.

I honest couldnt give a **** about protests causing the game getting canceled or points deduction, somethings are bigger than that and protesting against our terrible owners is one of them

would I like maybe less "sinister" protest yes but this is getting attention across the world now and Glazers must be seeing this.

Personally love that.

If you want protests that could actually force the Glazers out, then that’s what said protests look like.

Protests without actually causing disruptions aren’t protests, they’re pointless discussions. And again I say, this will get loads of media attention onto the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Definitely not the circumstances we want to hear we shall not we shall not be moved..

Also not great for grounds staff on a match day let alone one against the pool regardless of fans not being able to attend this does not reflect well on the security staff of Old Trafford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

The fans have turned out in massive numbers to protest. Not everyone will get it, I understand that.

Oh there is that but then youve 200 idiots who invade the pitch and give the Glazers PR team ammo to say look these are thugs looking to jusy cause trouble..not real fans. Manager and players will condemn the actions and takes focus away from the protest outside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

These protests have a an anti-mask/anti-everything moron vibe off them now,the minute you start doing stupid sh1t you lose the high ground,are ridiculed and not taking seriously!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

What is that statement?

Bunch of scumbags, should be locked up.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement