Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer/Gossip 23/24 - [New Thread Available]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Kick off delayed with no revised time according to BBC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im saying its right, but violence gets results. People never take notice unless things get violent.

Look at the water protests....

Or the Russian Revolution

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Seemingly if the game goes ahead it will be evening kick off

they need a few hours to sanitise all the touch points etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

That be such a united thing to do.

Major protest at the ground and united leak news of cavani signing a new deal to try appease the crowd lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Dozyart wrote: »
    Hahahahaha lets kidnap players and burn houses!! :p:pac:

Stealing corner flags. That's going to do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

jayo26 wrote: »
    That be such a united thing to do.

Major protest at the ground and united leak news of cavani signing a new deal to try appease the crowd lol.

After benching him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Probably the only time those lads have been in Old Trafford.

Probably been there a lot more than many of the lads on here sitting at home watching on TV and tut tutting about this behaviour. Fair play to them

Probably been there a lot more than many of the lads on here sitting at home watching on TV and tut tutting and cheering on this behaviour. Fair play to them

Fixed your post in the interest of fairness ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Have to say fair play to the Utd fans here. Bit of backbone. Good to see. Getting the game cancelled would be a nice little victory and very clear message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

New time to be announced at 4pm apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I hope no one gets hurt, but this is sadly the only way to get higher ups to pay attention.

Actions like this will at least grab the attention of the FA, The Government and hopefully Joel n Co.

If its just a peaceful protest outside, no one gives a ****.

Seemingly an air ambulance has landed at Old Trafford!

I hope no one gets hurt, but this is sadly the only way to get higher ups to pay attention.

Actions like this will at least grab the attention of the FA, The Government and hopefully Joel n Co.

If its just a peaceful protest outside, no one gives a ****.

I don’t think anyone has been hurt. The stewards held the gates (the ones at the foot of the steps) open for them to get onto the pitch from what I’ve seen on Twitter.

There’s been no issue with police that I’ve seen either. Looks a lot more peaceful than violent to me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

The fans have turned out in massive numbers to protest. Not everyone will get it, I understand that.

So is it that you can't put the statement into words or what?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

You don’t think that what’s happened today has made any statement at all?

• Advertisement

I don’t think anyone has been hurt. The stewards held the gates (the ones at the foot of the steps) open for them to get onto the pitch from what I’ve seen on Twitter.

There’s been no issue with police that I’ve seen either. Looks a lot more peaceful than violent to me anyway.

At the very least, its an effective protest.

I personally don't mind if we forfeit the points. A small price to pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I guess its a novelty way to make sure the players are rested for the Europa League. Just get the remaining League games cancelled lol.

pjohnson wrote: »
    I guess its a novelty way to make sure the players are rested for the Europa League. Just get the remaining League games cancelled lol.

The only available window to play is the FA Cup final date

I dont either,I just think it could have been achieved without going into the stadium

Delayed game and the win would be ideal.

• Advertisement

Dozyart wrote: »
    I dont either,I just think it could have been achieved without going into the stadium

Pretty damming of the (lack of) security really, to have it done twice!

You don’t think that what’s happened today has made any statement at all?

You said it's made a massive statement, I'm simply asking you to put the statement into words. What does it mean to you?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

PARlance wrote: »

This also true,I've seen some memes of it already relating to ISIS watching how easy it was to get in :pac::pac::pac::pac:

PARlance wrote: »

Yes! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Statement is very simple, they want the Glazers out

Groundsmen , players and manager are not the real concern to anybody here, that’s a disingenuous sentiment to profess. People just don’t want their Sunday afternoon game upset and are making up reasons why their motives aren’t driven by what they want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

At the very least, its an effective protest.

Dont agree wity being ok forfeiting points as it can affect league position so youre punishing the players and staff who worked hard to acheive the points and position

Drumpot wrote: »
    People just don’t want their Sunday afternoon game upset and are making up reasons why their motives aren’t driven by what they want.

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Fair fùcks to them. Hopefully other clubs will follow.

Statement is very simple, they want the Glazers out

Groundsmen , players and manager are not the real concern to anybody here, that’s a disingenuous sentiment to profess. People just don’t want their Sunday afternoon game upset and are making up reasons why their motives aren’t driven by what they want.

Is it okay if I discuss it with you after the other poster that I asked? I'm not really sure I'm best placed to actually respond to yours really as I haven't professed anything either way re groundsmen, players, managers, trophy cabinets, statues, tea pots or anything else that may pop up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Good old Souness

My hatred for him cannot be measured

• Advertisement

Excellent, Neville, Carragher and Keane focusing on the Glazers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Excellent, Neville, Carragher and Keane focusing on the Glazers.

Very, very happy with their response.

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Dont agree wity being ok forfeiting points as it can affect league position so youre punishing the players and staff who worked hard to acheive the points and position

If it helps our club to rid itself of the Glazers.... its totally worth it.

Joel wont give a rats ass either way. So its a moot point.

But if you dont shoot ya will never score.

Surprised Souness hasn't blamed Pogba yet... I'm sure it's coming.

Souness is a disgrace, never heard such crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

Not for the first time Souness talking absolute muck. If you don't know anything about the Glazers don't talk about them.

“It’s been a peaceful protest in the stadium, I’m not sure about outside. They’re very unhappy at how they’ve been treated, and how the Glazers have taken money out of the club. It’s heightened by what’s happening with the Super League. Yes, we want to see a game of football, and we don’t want any trouble, but I can’t stand here and have a go at Manchester United supporters. My own supporters at Liverpool were doing things 10 or 15 years ago to get Hicks and Gillett out of the club. Whether it will happen with the Glazers, who knows, but as long as it’s peaceful I won’t have a go at any Man Utd fans.”

Jaime has hit the right tone here.

Headshot wrote: »
    Good old Souness

My hatred for him cannot be measured

I agree with your sentiment completely, but I would say he ain't wrong on the glazers. They do not give a flying **** about what anybody thanks of them, they also don't even live in the country so the actual blowback they will experience is pretty minimal.

They were **** NFL owners before they were **** EPL owners but one thing has always remained consistent with them if you pay attention to their history, they simply do not give a **** and they will not leave before they are ready. The glazers bread and butter is not the match day fan, they do not care. I don't know how to say that any clearer.

I hope they will go asap but I think it's being overestimated the difference fan protests will make to them. The bottom line is what counts, maybe if they had got the Europa League game called off? Would have drawn more attention I guess and hit the pocket potentially?

You said it's made a massive statement, I'm simply asking you to put the statement into words. What does it mean to you?

Give me a break Souness. You should know exactly what it means.

• Advertisement

Is it okay if I discuss it with you after the other poster that I asked? I'm not really sure I'm best placed to actually respond to yours really as I haven't professed anything either way re groundsmen, players, managers, trophy cabinets, statues, tea pots or anything else that may pop up.

The first paragraph was for you.

The second paragraph was a response to anybody who might be trying to pretend that their disappointment to these events are anything other then them just not wanting to be inconvenienced.

Good man Gary

Fair play to the protestors also for not turning into a violent angry mob. That was important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

These "fans" protesting outside the teams hotel before a Liverpool game are almost as bad as Pogba's agents comments prior to the Red Bull game.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

jayo26 wrote: »
    Good man Gary

Even Carragher is speaking sense about it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Fair play to the protestors also for not turning into a violent angry mob. That was important.

Thankfully it didn't turn that way. Interesting to see the reaction now. If the glazers care or not will be soon seen.

• Advertisement

Give me a break Souness. You should know exactly what it means.

I actually find it hilarious you can't put it into words and continue to flail like a child having a tantrum rather than just discuss your point of view but fair enough, I've tried.

I know exactly what the statement means to me, you don't seem to be able to put into words what it means to you and resort to (presumably) insults. We can leave it at that I suppose.

The second paragraph was a response to anybody who might be trying to pretend that their disappointment to these events are anything other then them just not wanting to be inconvenienced.

This is absolute w@nk :pac::pac::pac:

Anyone who doesnt agree with the stadium being broken into,balls and flags being stolen and at least one tv camera going for dive just wants the game to happen?

There cant just be any other reason!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

If the game isnt going to be canceled the delay is the next best thing.

It's been a good day for utd fans, Im proud of our fans today but we cannot let just be for today but with every home game we need a constant protest

Cheers, I asked the other guy though what it meant to him as he said a massive statement was made today so happy enough to get yours, just wasn't the one I was looking for.

As the second part doesn't apply to me I was probably right in that I can't do much with the post :)

Headshot wrote: »
    If the game isnt going to be canceled the delay is the next best thing.

It's been a good day for utd fans, Im proud of our fans today but we cannot let just be for today but with every home game we need a constant protest

It should have started at the Roma game is my thinking on that.

Delayed kick off is good for the purpose of the protest, affects TV stations and takes up media time which generates pr globally. Which is why it's been very important it hasn't turned into some kind of riot and has been a peaceful protest, very happy with that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement