Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer/Gossip 23/24 - [New Thread Available]

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Headshot wrote: »
    If the game isnt going to be canceled the delay is the next best thing.

It's been a good day for utd fans, Im proud of our fans today but we cannot let just be for today but with every home game we need a constant protest

Part of me thinks, if I was there...I’d clear the roads, let the match start and then resume the protests again. Peacefully disrupt the match while it’s live, as a second wave of distraction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Dozyart wrote: »
    This is absolute w@nk :pac::pac::pac:

Anyone who doesnt agree with the stadium being broken into,balls and flags being stolen and at least one tv camera going for dive just wants the game to happen?

There cant just be any other reason!!

There can be plenty of other reasons, it’s just the ones that have been posted so far appear to be nonsense. Nobody wants anybody to be hurt but to focus on a few cameras being broken and flags stolen is nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Drumpot wrote: »
    There can be plenty of other reasons, it’s just the ones that have been posted so far appear to be nonsense. Nobody wants anybody to be hurt but to focus on a few cameras being broken and flags stolen is nonsense.

Wont you think of Sky who will have to replace those cameras.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

It's been a good day for utd fans, Im proud of our fans today but we cannot let just be for today but with every home game we need a constant protest

It's been good but we need more than protests. We need an empty ground (when it opens) and more importantly we need for people to not buy jerseys and TV subs. That needs organisation and commitment from fans and I don't know if anyone in the history of sports has pulled it off before. But today can be a focal point, the start of the public face of widespread protest. We at home can look at them getting off their a*ses and commit to doing our little bit here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

I dont think it's nonsense,I'd be happy with game called off....I just believe the same could have been achieved without that element coming into it,it will always be focused on by media eventually and high ground will be lost!

Anyway,we wont agree so I'll leave it there

beakerjoe wrote: »

C'mon you can do better than that....or maybe you cant,good attempt though champ ;)

beakerjoe wrote: »

Reminds me of that moment in die hard when John McClain has just killed a load of terrorists with that bomb in the lift and that cop starts giving out to McClain because

EZspCS4XsAMtoCV.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Screenshot-20210502-164307-Facebook.jpg
    <3<3<3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

E0ZCQ6QWEAMVdgI?format=jpg&name=large

Fair play to the protestors also for not turning into a violent angry mob. That was important.

There was a small few throwing bottles at the Police

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

xtal191 wrote: »
    There was a small few throwing bottles at the Police

Ah but in fairness you'll always have that like especially once the police arrive, by and large what tool place was non violent and as peaceful as you can expect from a protest where people are feeling things on a personal level.

I think carragher emphasising it was a peaceful protest and speaking about himself and Neville talking to fans highlights the benign nature of it from a violence or aggressive point of view.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

I'm sure he is hell bent and fighting the Glazers hahaha

Neville looking for it to be rescheduled

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

100%. Whether it ultimately makes a difference or not remains to be seen but at least their feelings are being made clear and in a peaceful fashion.

I dont think it's nonsense,I'd be happy with game called off....I just believe the same could have been achieved without that element coming into it,it will always be focused on by media eventually and high ground will be lost!

There will always be an extreme element going over board. You seldom see completely peaceful protests.

But I don’t really understand your concerns at how this looks. Have you ever been to a United game at old Trafford? I’ve never been there and not heard or seen some very unsavoury stuff. That’s not to say it’s ok, moreso it appears to be accepted as part of the sport. Seems to be ok once it’s not on tv, spoiling the pretend narrative that it’s a clean sport. I thought the fans were actually more peaceful in this instant then some of the scenes I’ve witnessed during some games.

I was at United v Bolton and there was savage clashes in the stands. This was in the late 90s or early 00s. I thought I would see it commented on in MOTD but no mention of it. That’s the truth of the sport, the passion , the rivalry and the aggression.

I was at a United v pool game (where Mascherano was sent off) and was sick on the tram back to the city with some of the chants being sung. Even as a United fan of wearing a United jersey I was quite concerned for my welfare and that of my friends.

I think a lot of us arm chair fans over in Ireland just don’t get it. What you saw today is the reality of the sport but it’s airbrushed away to protect the product.

I do not see any damage being caused to the glazers out cause by this. It’s being reported as mostly peaceful. That said you can’t make an omelette without breaking a few eggs. A little anarchy is not a bad thing by default.

I'm sure he is hell bent and fighting the Glazers hahaha

Also a hilarious vid doing the rounds of someone shooting into the net and bouncing him off the side :pac::pac::pac:

Neville looking for it to be rescheduled

Keano having none of it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Also a hilarious vid doing the rounds of someone shooting into the net and bouncing him off the side :pac::pac::pac:

https://twitter.com/KAC443/status/1388849217943244801/video/1

Sky lads running out of Chat!!! :pac:

This game may not be on now. Are Players even at ground? might be 7 or 8 before it could start?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Utd fan for over 30 years

Fans should disrupt every match until glazers sell up

Glazers out

This game may not be on now. Are Players even at ground? might be 7 or 8 before it could start?!

Still at the hotel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Players and managers are still there. There was a stadium announcement saying the stadium is now secure and that staff should return to their normal stations. It's on it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,339 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Sourness saying the glazers risked buying United, have invested in the stadium and funded player purchases. Unchallenged lies. Infuriating. also BS from him that is is motivated only by not being the top team now.

Still a decent protest at hotel from what I've seen,more cops there now so might come down to how badly they want protesters moved on...hopefully the protesters hold strong!

xtal191 wrote: »
    Still at the hotel
    chupacabra wrote: »
    Players and managers are still there. There was a stadium announcement saying the stadium is now secure and that staff should return to their normal stations. It's on it seems.

I presume players need at least an hour at stadium to warm up etc? So you can take it that until they arrive you are looking at 60+ minutes for game...

Presume spurs game won’t be affected .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I'd love to clothesline Souness off that balcony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I presume players need at least an hour at stadium to warm up etc? So you can take it that until they arrive you are looking at 60+ minutes for game...

Presume spurs game won’t be affected .

Neither team will agree to rush the pre match routine, arrival normally 75 mins before KO afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Whatever chance that random tweet had saying that Cavani signing on for two more years had of being true I'd say Cavani is now looking to hit undo sat in his hotel room. Unless he just wants the pension with no need to play :pac:

That wouldn't be peaceful :p

pjohnson wrote: »
    Whatever chance that random tweet had saying that Cavani signing on for two more years had of being true I'd say Cavani is now looking to hit undo sat in his hotel room.

Have you seen some of the stuff that goes on in South American football? Hahaha this is nothing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Whatever chance that random tweet had saying that Cavani signing on for two more years had of being true I'd say Cavani is now looking to hit undo sat in his hotel room.
    He's a South American who's played in Italy. This is nothing compared to the Ultras he's used to seeing.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Have you seen some of the stuff that goes on in South American football? Hahaha this is nothing

True completely forgot he was Urugauyan for a minute, was thinking he was Italian (which is not much better mind) he'd happily play with the fans on the pitch :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

That wouldn't be peaceful :p

Technically breaking into a stadium aint either. So who buys the club

He’s quite thick on this.

Glazers haven’t spent a penny of their own money. Stadium is falling apart, it’s actually quite depressing walk up to your seat, reminds me of that Russian stadium I was at in Moscow. They saddled the club with massive debt because they couldn’t afford to buy the club. Barca and Madrids debt is because they spent too much on their teams.

United were successful before the glazers arrived and by buying the club United were financially hamstring with interest on loans reducing our spending power.

Maybe Souness role is to be a dissenting voice for the sake of it? Would love them to go back to Gary who says “oh just f*ck off Graham”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

It'd be great to get a start time, the missus is trying to time to dinner.

He prob feels more at home now then ever! :pac:

PARlance wrote: »

Can’t see it starting before 6.30, just a feeling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

I'm sure she'll be happy to facilitate you...

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Players will soon have to have something to eat as well. Cant see this going ahead this evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Im shocked at Souness, he didn't blame Pogba once....

• Advertisement

This was the real reason for the protest. To bring a piece of Uruguay to Machester.

See Edinson you dont need to leave. We brought Uruguay to you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I've just relinquished control of the TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

He’s quite thick on this.

Glazers haven’t spent a penny of their own money. Stadium is falling apart, it’s actually quite depressing walk up to your seat, reminds me of that Russian stadium I was at in Moscow. They saddled the club with massive debt because they couldn’t afford to buy the club. Barca and Madrids debt is because they spent too much on their teams.

United were successful before the glazers arrived and by buying the club United were financially hamstring with interest on loans reducing our spending power.

Maybe Souness role is to be a dissenting voice for the sake of it? Would love them to go back to Gary who says “oh just f*ck off Graham”

Yeah he hasn't a clue what he's talking about. His argument seems to be, "Well they spent money so what are ya mad about?"

Not to mention he just said Abu Dhabi are known for all their good things around the world. Unless my sarcasm detector is broken today, thats just a wild statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Whatever chance that random tweet had saying that Cavani signing on for two more years had of being true I'd say Cavani is now looking to hit undo sat in his hotel room. Unless he just wants the pension with no need to play :pac:

The tweet was from someone who seems to have a source in the club as he has often tweeted the team sheet hours before hand. So he would be fairly credible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

7.30 ko

A dispersal order has been brought in around the hotel and ground

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

7.30 ko

No half time to allow for Line of Duty finale is what’s being reported too.

7.30 ko

Where did you hear that?

130 minutes for the sky panel to fill!!!!

In 60 minutes time :

“So Roy , games of throne final season, your thoughts?”

He looked out of the window at the lowry and seen the flairs and crowd....... "Sign me up woody im home"

• Advertisement

Can we set up an eSports game?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement