Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer/Gossip 23/24 - [New Thread Available]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Souness is losing the plot

Is he audtioning for Gran Torino 2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Is this the same Souness who almost sparked a riot in Istanbul?

I liked how Gary mentioned that. Souness is a clown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Christ Souness..

Insert old man shouts at cloud meme. Earlier he was ranting about simulation and sacking the ref's. He's lost it.

Also those championing Neville and Carragher just remember who they work for the money they have to get near exclusive right behind a paywall. The money they charge for you to watch those games and also how they charged extra for a game last season during the pandemic.

Jaime and Gary are still spot on regardless of who pays their wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

PARlance wrote: »
    Get Souness off the air.

With a can of beer if needed.

I thought he was making a legitimate point, even if he did labour it a little.

They’re all going on about the right to protest, but that doesn’t give fans the right to trespass on the pitch. And the thugs who set off a flare and threw a full beer can at them should be identified and prosecuted to the full extent off the law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Is this the same Souness who almost sparked a riot in Istanbul?

https://twitter.com/adamwsweeney/status/1388899861811109894?s=12

cmac2009 wrote: »
    Insert old man shouts at cloud meme. Earlier he was ranting about simulation and sacking the ref's. He's lost it.

He completely picked Richards up wrong.

Hes going full Partridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Souness with tin foil hat with his “somethings gone on we don’t know about..”

Tbf it’s a lot of minutes for Sky to pad out.

Hats off to Carragher too. Could easily have sat on the fence.

abff wrote: »
    I thought he was making a legitimate point, even if he did labour it a little.

They’re all going on about the right to protest, but that doesn’t give fans the right to trespass on the pitch. And the thugs who set off a flare and threw a full beer can at them should be identified and prosecuted to the full extent off the law.

2 idiots dont represent the movement as a whole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Carragher is brilliant, “the story should not be about a few idiots. There is always idiots everywhere, but the majority of Manchester United fans came here for a peaceful protest.”

Jaime Carragher is great here. Hes gone way up in my estimations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Souness talking about people getting killed.... Thats me out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

The reason this was cancelled is because the glazers tight pockets didn’t invest in appropriate security for this know protest that was planned days in advance. Let’s not forget this. They are fcuking up the fixtures even.

Dave mentions fans entering the dressing rooms and how that effects covid protocol regulations, and you can see Roy sniggering away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Why do they keep saying peaceful protest?? They broke into a stadium at the very least.

py2006 wrote: »
    Why do they keep saying peaceful protest?? They broke into a stadium at the very least.

Peaceful in the sense no one got hurt.

But judging by the tweet above, someone did get hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Looks nasty cut, wonder how it happened?

The lads stay off Twitter for a weekend and this is the devilment they get up to. All hail social media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

o1gwmvp.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Hococop wrote: »
    Looks nasty cut, wonder how it happened?

Souness threw his can of beer off the balcony

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Souness threw his can of beer off the balcony

Ha, wonder was it caused by the same idiot that was throwing the camera?

py2006 wrote: »

Doors were opened. Apparently the owners are away in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Jaime and Gary are still spot on regardless of who pays their wages.

They may be right about the Super League and that part. Sky are loving they giving out to the people who tried to start it up but they would never go about the same happening in the PL and anything SKY have there fingers in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,622 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Billionaires can and do ignore the views of ordinary people. If fans want to make billionaires sit up and pay attention, they need to do damage. Damage is the only thing billionaires will pay attention to. Polite protests will be ignored.

That said, I think a lot of those fans made a mistake by not wearing masks. Whatever about COVID it would make it easier to evade retaliation if they cant be identified.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Souness is coming across as someone desperate to be contrarian. If he was a poster on here, I’d be saying he’s on the wind up by deliberately taking the opposite side to garner attention. He’s outright lying about several points, but won’t care cause he’s getting a load of attention for it, winding up United fans like a panto villain.

The fact all of the other pundits are backing the fans is great though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

The vast majority of fans are only guilty of trespass - good luck with trying to prosecute that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

What kind of repercussions do you think there'll be from tjr FA?
    Any precidence for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

paulbok wrote: »
    Any precidence for this?

None

I remember the West ham fans beating the ****e out of the United team bus (breaking windows etc) while the players were in it a few seasons back and the game was just delayed an hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Good on the fans today, well thought out and organized protest. Blocking the team at the hotel while protesting at the stadium simultaneous and making sure the games is called off.

It was intended to be a clear message and a peaceful one too. I have no issue with disruptive style of protests but when anything leads to people or property being damaged then I draw the line and at times today the protest struggled to contain that level of control 100% of the time but as a whole it worked.

Unfortunately a person has been injured. That facial cut is unacceptable and will leave a lifelong scar, any higher and may have cost the person an eye. News agencies may latch onto that or maybe not but a person was injured at his workplace. A minority of idiots within the group have soured it for me, it would have been perfect without that.

• Advertisement

Any precidence for this?

Zero I assume, I'm sure they are happy at all this outrage about the Esl. Although Richards is a woeful pundit he did make a valid point at one stage, this seems to have been widely discussed and known about beforehand, so why wasn't anything done to prepare for it?

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    None

I remember the West ham fans beating the ****e out of the United team bus (breaking windows etc) while the players were in it a few seasons back and the game was just delayed an hour or so.

This is a postponement though, games would have leeway for delayed starts due to traffic etc, this is another level. Affects the remaining calendar to squeeze it in.
    Also there is the usual willingness of the FA to hammer United every chance they get.
    Not the 1st time either lax security at United got a game called off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

This is a postponement though, games would have leeway for delayed starts due to traffic etc, this is another level. Affects the remaining calendar to squeeze it in.
    Also there is the usual willingness of the FA to hammer United every chance they get.
    Not the 1st time either lax security at United got a game called off.

What happened today (not condoning the thugs who turned up) wasn't even half as bad as what happened at West Ham that day. They could of got this game going if they wanted to like they did that day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

As a lifelong Liverpool fan, and putting allegiances aside, I fully support what happened today. It’s great to see the most loyal fans of any club taking a stand and making a wholly justified point against something that is so clearly wrong and toxic.

Hopefully this is contagious and we see more protests.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

The smart things UTD fans could do is when they allow fans back in, is simply do not attend and stop buying Man Utd Merchandise. This will make the Glazers take note.
    Apart from the fella who got injured, I'm proud of those who protested

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    The smart things UTD fans could do is when they allow fans back in, is simply do not attend and stop buying Man Utd Merchandise. This will make the Glazers take note.
    Apart from the fella who got injured, I'm proud of those who protested

Short term this might work but when they open international travel again I can't see visitors not purchasing from the megastore. Which I would guess is where their main clientele comes from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

How can PL deduct points, opens up a huge can of worms, whats to stop opposing fans to dress in opponents jerseys and get a game postponed and points deducted. It would be open to all sorts of shenanigans. Won't happen, Trafford council, and Greater Manchester police called for the postponement too. They police vast multiples of todays crowd on normal match day, give me a break. Game could have gone ahead , no doubt about it.
    PL only last week were glad of fans protests that ended up with PL clubs doing their uturn on ESL.

I’d imagine merch sales from their store is a small share of their overall money making venture tbh, and likely already has the fans willin to do that sort of boycott worked into the numbers.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I’d imagine merch sales from their store is a small share of their overall money making venture tbh, and likely already has the fans willin to do that sort of boycott worked into the numbers.

I'll need to include and affect the sponsors to have any impact on the Glazers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Well organised? On a weekend when they got little or no traction on social media due to the blackout? I think not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Saddling a football club with hundreds of millions worth of debt that might of ruined the club... Well that’s ok cause it was allowed...

Glazers ownership costs club more then a billion in loans and interest and expenses.. That’s ok cause it’s allowed and they are good at marketing so shut up. Oh and money has been spent, so shut up

Ignoring those fans and refusing to even engage them on any meaningful level, even when they are concerned with how the club is being run... Well that’s ok, cause it’s allowed, they can do what they want with the club... Money has been spent, shut up.

Trying to destroy the entire European football structure and possibly decimate football which would also open up the option for clubs to play games outside of the countries they built in..... Well that’s ok, cause sky are hypocrites and sure can’t the owners do what they want?

Fans mostly engage in peaceful protest with some going overboard in no worse a manner then you would see at a heated match. Points deduction, it’s dispicable, what sort of civilised society would accept such abhorrent behavior....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    What happened today (not condoning the thugs who turned up) wasn't even half as bad as what happened at West Ham that day. They could of got this game going if they wanted to like they did that day.

Breaking into the pitch
    Breaking camera equipment
    Throwing flares into the Sky area
    Steward permanent scar (damn close to his eye and it be worse)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Genuine question...what percentage of home grounds at old Trafford (pre covid) were from outside the greater Manchester area...

Most of these massive clubs could survive without the local fans, due to all the marketing and sponsorship stuff...which is really depressing to think of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Drumpot wrote: »
    Saddling a football club with hundreds of millions worth of debt that might of ruined the club... Well that’s ok cause it was allowed...

Glazers ownership costs club more then a billion in loans and interest and expenses.. That’s ok cause it’s allowed and they are good at marketing so shut up. Oh and money has been spent, so shut up

Ignoring those fans and refusing to even engage them on any meaningful level, even when they are concerned with how the club is being run... Well that’s ok, cause it’s allowed, they can do what they want with the club... Money has been spent, shut up.

Trying to destroy the entire European football structure and possibly decimate football which would also open up the option for clubs to play games outside of the countries they built in..... Well that’s ok, cause sky are hypocrites and sure can’t the owners do what they want?

Fans mostly engage in peaceful protest with some going overboard in no worse a manner then you would see at a heated match. Points deduction, it’s dispicable, what sort of civilised society would accept such abhorrent behavior....

And another one..

https://twitter.com/yxngbaz/status/1388880380149837825?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Just disappointed we didn't get the chance to wallop Liverpool today.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/n3b2u4/jon_champion_speaks_his_mind_on_the_glazer_family/

I don’t know who Jon Champion is, but he was having a justified rant against the Glazers on Sports center (which I think is ESPN) when he was “mysteriously” cut off.

Getting such global attention is why I’m so thrilled with the protests today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/n3b2u4/jon_champion_speaks_his_mind_on_the_glazer_family/

I don’t know who Jon Champion is, but he was having a justified rant against the Glazers on Sports center (which I think is ESPN) when he was “mysteriously” cut off.

He commentates on MLS. (AMERICAN SOCCER)

Edit:

A virtual cookie for anyone who can spot the exact moment I didnt take off Caps Lock

Commentator Jon Champion I imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

As vile as Carragher is he spoke well today and I actually agree with him for once.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Good on the fans today, well thought out and organized protest. Blocking the team at the hotel while protesting at the stadium simultaneous and making sure the games is called off.

It was intended to be a clear message and a peaceful one too. I have no issue with disruptive style of protests but when anything leads to people or property being damaged then I draw the line and at times today the protest struggled to contain that level of control 100% of the time but as a whole it worked.

Unfortunately a person has been injured. That facial cut is unacceptable and will leave a lifelong scar, any higher and may have cost the person an eye. News agencies may latch onto that or maybe not but a person was injured at his workplace. A minority of idiots within the group have soured it for me, it would have been perfect without that.
    Thats the problem though, the intention is a peaceful protest which I support but there are always going to be yobs who will spoil it. While the BLM protests in the US last year, we only see the coverage of those causing trouble not the other 95%. Getting into the stadium and running on the pitch is out of order.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement