Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer/Gossip 23/24 - [New Thread Available]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

paulbok wrote: »
    That is nice.
    Shame I can't buy one.

Logo needs to be lower down.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

I wouldn't be too fussed about the loss last night. With all the games coming up, they may have kept their foot off the gas a bit as the tie was already over.
    At this stage of the season only results matter.
    Should be going all out to beat Villa, can see City wanting to beat Chelsea to wrap up the title so we would only need 1 point from the last 4 games to mathematically clinch top 4.
    Then rotate the squad over the next 2 games to avoid injuries and losing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I hate that crap.

A win over two legs (especially when you were four feckin' goals up after the first leg, and therefore not too fussed about the second) is NOT a defeat.

OK....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

what do we think the issue is with DVdB? is it just lack of game time?
    Ajax would generally play a fairly rigid system, which is not something you could accuse Olé of; does United's style of play just not suit him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

Utd could have been knocked out last night. Roma had enough chances to turn the tie around and were very unlucky at times.

Two class goals by Cavani, shame he isn't 5 yrs younger. Few players like Telles and VDB did their prospects no good at all. Utd through to the final is all that matters though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

loyatemu wrote: »
    Ajax would generally play a fairly rigid system, which is not something you could accuse Olé of; does United's style of play just not suit him?

He's a nearly a full season here now.
    Even without regular match time, you'd think he would have bedded in better after all the training sessions.
    He just always seems to pick the wrong position to receive the ball or play a pass.
    He was nearly running into teammates a few times last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Utd could have been knocked out last night. Roma had enough chances to turn the tie around and were very unlucky at times.

Two class goals by Cavani, shame he isn't 5 yrs younger. Few players like Telles and VDB did their prospects no good at all. Utd through to the final is all that matters though.

United could have scored another 2 or 3 themselves. There was never real danger of getting knocked out. As much as Virgin would have had you believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

Liam O wrote: »
    United could have scored another 2 or 3 themselves. There was never real danger of getting knocked out. As much as Virgin would have had you believe.

Utd had chances too but were poor I thought. At 6-2 up probably thought the tie was done and weren't as focused as they should have been. If Roma had converted one of their chances as 2-1 it would have been an uncomfortable last 30 mins or so. And I watched on BT........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

If DDG hadn't made the save at 2-1 and we had gone 3-1 while all at fecking sea at the back, we could have been in real trouble. Cavani making it 2-2 shortly after settled things down - and we could have had another couple after that, but disappointing to have conceded a third anyway. the two we conceded before that were disappointing too. DDG had way too much work to do last night.

I hope the players have had their minds focused a bit by that and we'll see a smarter more switched on performance at the weekend and into next week. We can' afford to play that poorly again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,584 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Utd had chances too but were poor I thought. At 6-2 up probably thought the tie was done and weren't as focused as they should have been. If Roma had converted one of their chances as 2-1 it would have been an uncomfortable last 30 mins or so. And I watched on BT........

7-4 is a dangerous lead

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Some media outlets are such sh*tehawks, talking about previous meetings between United and Villarreal.

The fact that 4 games of football, ~13 and ~16 years ago, with 22 different starters & 2 different managers, finished 0-0 is not an indication that the final is going to be boring or finish scoreless

It may well do, but it's the height or stupidity to suggest that historic results have anything to do with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

He's a nearly a full season here now.
    Even without regular match time, you'd think he would have bedded in better after all the training sessions.
    He just always seems to pick the wrong position to receive the ball or play a pass.
    He was nearly running into teammates a few times last night

Thought Donny's selection unbalanced the team last night.
    Totally get the need for some rotation of course, but Pogba playing deeper and more central leaves our defence very exposed as we've seen earlier in the season.

VDB really didn't do anything to warrant his selection and was poor with possession.
    When Ole changed it to bring Matic on we were better.

Wouldn't be hugely surprised to see him move on this summer and see us re-invest instead in a good DM.

Hopefully Ajax will take him back, hard to see anyone else being interested. He would struggle at championship level imo.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Hopefully Ajax will take him back, hard to see anyone else being interested. He would struggle at championship level imo.

Excelled in the champions league. Would struggle in the championship. Cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Pogba’s performance last night goes to show he really can’t perform in a 2 man midfield, he was awful defensively. Maybe with a better defensive midfielder he wouldn’t have so many responsibilities but he got caught out so many times last night. I guess that means that he will start the final on the left with Marcus on the right. Scotty and Fred will be in the middle.

Please please let us sign Declan Rice in the summer

Interesting article on F365 showing that Henderson has the highest save % in the league with 82.4% saved and goals against per game with him there are significantly lower than with De Gea there at .63 compared to DDG's 67.5% and 1.23.

Not a huge sample at Henderson's 10 games to De Gea's 24 but makes interesting reading. Henderson's save % has gone up 7% since last season at Sheffield United and De Gea's reduced by 6% since last season.

Pretty damning stats for De Gea really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I really didnt get why Pogba went beside Fred and Donny stuck out wide instead.

Just showed again what Pogba's limitations are (as if anyone could forget) and did nothing to enhance Donny. That was a awful idea.

pjohnson wrote: »

Just showed again what Pogba's limitations are (as if anyone could forget) and did nothing to enhance Donny. That was a awful idea.

Agreed with this. When Pogba gets the ball on the left his first instinct it to turn and get his head up and look what's available inside. He doesn't get this time or space in the midfield 2 and I think we are all agreed if he plays he doesn't play there.

Very often when VDB received the ball on the left last night he just passed it back where it came from. You need to offer more than that when getting the ball in advanced positions.

pjohnson wrote: »

I really struggle to see what you could point to with Pogba as a consistent strength in any area of his game though? It's just magnified more in CM as he would be more involved there.

Once or twice a game he can pull out a great pass or a nice shuffle of his feet to beat someone, but the vast majority of times it doesn't come off. He doesn't make space for himself in the pocket, instead points to pass to other players. He doesn't run, so there's less pressure on opponents, if he's beaten he'll give a token jog without any real effort to win the ball back or close other gaps. When he's unlucky enough to wind up with the ball he looks to offload it as soon as possible.

This season he has done the bare minimum you'd expect from a PL midfielder and is receiving plaudits. I have no doubt that if Donny got the same opportunities in midfield that Pogba has that he would have done better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

Exactly wrote: »
    Agreed with this. When Pogba gets the ball on the left his first instinct it to turn and get his head up and look what's available inside. He doesn't get this time or space in the midfield 2 and I think we are all agreed if he plays he doesn't play there.

Very often when VDB received the ball on the left last night he just passed it back where it came from. You need to offer more than that when getting the ball in advanced positions.

I actually thought Donny showed that he instinctively takes up very similar space on the pitch to Pogba... by very often being in the same space as him. He's clearly not a wide player but I thought he played better than most here seem to with flashes of creativity.

Shaw & Telles both had off night on that wing, which won't help a player ahead of them playing out of position. AWB was looser than usual. Pogba was poor (I'm a fan of his, in case anyone thinks I'm just anti-Pogba).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    Pogba’s performance last night goes to show he really can’t perform in a 2 man midfield, he was awful defensively. Maybe with a better defensive midfielder he wouldn’t have so many responsibilities but he got caught out so many times last night. I guess that means that he will start the final on the left with Marcus on the right. Scotty and Fred will be in the middle.

Please please let us sign Declan Rice in the summer

That's the problem with Pogba though isn't it? He probably wasn't as turned on as he could be, you could probably trust him more in a final to be fully switched on, but then again could you?

I'm a Pogba fan, but I wouldn't have been adverse to moving him on for 100 mill or so and admitting defeat on the project, unfortunately that ship has sailed however.

He's still an elite footballer, but he needs the whole team to be on it around him to be effective. He can still play a big part going forward for United and I think most of us are agreed that the current midfield options won't facilitate that however.

Pie in the sky maybe, but an elite ballplaying DM, Sancho and a Haaland or a Kane, would put us in a great position to challenge on all fronts next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

Why wasn't Roma' third ruled out by VAR? Looked clearly offside.

Var must have stopped for apiss break, looked like an easy call for offside, couldn't believe it was not called.

Pie in the sky maybe, but an elite ballplaying DM, Sancho and a Haaland or a Kane, would put us in a great position to challenge on all fronts next year.

IMO the best we could hope for is Rice (with Lingard bringing the price down) and Sancho.

Kane and Haaland are impossible, imo. Money would be a problem starting off but I don't see why either player would pick us when there are going to be other sides interested. City and Chelsea would love either, and be better prospects imo.

With Cavani now (apparently) likely to stay I don't see us going for a striker in the summer. Will rotate Martial and Cavani imo.

IMO the best we could hope for is Rice (with Lingard bringing the price down) and Sancho.

Kane and Haaland are impossible, imo. Money would be a problem starting off but I don't see why either player would pick us when there are going to be other sides interested. City and Chelsea would love either, and be better prospects imo.

With Cavani now (apparently) likely to stay I don't see us going for a striker in the summer. Will rotate Martial and Cavani imo.

I agree, be happy with Cavani and Martial for another year with Cavani as first-choice if his body can manage it. Kane would be a statement signing, but problematic for a few reasons, I don't think Kane himself would be one of them, but I could be wrong.

Sancho at the new prices being mentioned is a must for me, I'm not as sold as you are on Rice, but that would be a good summer and probably the best we can hope for alright.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

How does Rice improve United?

Is Rice and Fred better than McT and Fred for how United operate?

• Advertisement

Excelled in the champions league. Would struggle in the championship. Cool.

You've been saying this all year but I've yet to see it and he looks a huge waste of money.

Past performances mean fűck all. Offers nothing to the team. This lad cost more than Kante, I know who I'd rather in my team.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

DM_7 wrote: »

Rice is a quality defensive midfielder - with good positioning, reading and tackling. Good on the ball too.

Neither McT or Fred are defensive midfielders. they get played there, but neither have the awareness or positional sense for it. Maybe McT could improve, but Fred should be at his peak right now. IMO Rice is a much better defensive midfielder and has many years on fred to get even better.

I think Rice and McT is much better than McT and Fred, as if we wanted to go with that partnership it would give McT more license to roam and attack the box.

I would hate to see Rice and Fred as our first choice two. McTominay and Rice maybe could work as Mitch is saying and free up Scottie, there's far more upside to Scottie in the box to box role than Fred imo.

Haven't seen enough of Rice to know whether he's the man to solve our midfield problems, but I've certainly seen enough of Fred to know he isn't!

Fred would be a perfectly adequate squad player to come in as cover and he seems like he'd be happy enough with that role as well.

Rice could also play CB in a pinch, so would be a good signing in that respect if we can't also buy a CB this summer. A bit of extra cover.

Bissouma would be a good one to look at too, probably a lot cheaper than Rice.

The Athletic did a really good piece on possibly options (of differing styles). If you have a sub: https://theathletic.com/2478687/2021/03/31/ndidi-rice-camavinga-tapia-scouting-a-holding-midfielder-for-manchester-united/

They had:
    Ndidi
    Rice
    Camavinga
    Tapia
    Gravenberch
    Camara
    Locatelli
    Zakaria
    Doucoure
    Anguissa
    Berge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Right, this is actually so identical that I can only assume there's been a glitch in the matrix.

https://twitter.com/mcasemarcus/status/1390614043954753537?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I wonder have Miguel and his "actual football people" buddies started to appreciate Ole now?

https://twitter.com/MiguelDelaney/status/1317597734371790848?s=19

I wonder have Miguel and his "actual football people" buddies started to appreciate Ole now?

Every time he's on Second Captains he mentions that he's talking to people close to a club or in the club but the only time I've ever heard him mention a name it is Tim Sherwood.

I'm unconvinced Ole is a good manager (bottom 5 in the league if you ranked them) but I think he could be what United need right now. This summer is where he will earn his chops as I assume with Woodward going he'll have a lot of input into the transfers. If he can be a bit cut throat with the likes of Pogba and Martial then I'll raise my opinion of him but I can't see it.

Just another one in the long list of bluffers. No doubt has a few different twitter accounts also.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Liam O wrote: »
    Every time he's on Second Captains he mentions that he's talking to people close to a club or in the club but the only time I've ever heard him mention a name it is Tim Sherwood.

I'm unconvinced Ole is a good manager (bottom 5 in the league if you ranked them) but I think he could be what United need right now. This summer is where he will earn his chops as I assume with Woodward going he'll have a lot of input into the transfers. If he can be a bit cut throat with the likes of Pogba and Martial then I'll raise my opinion of him but I can't see it.

Ole is not in a position to ask the club to move on Pogba or Martial unless the club get better players first.

To move them on it would require working on their departure while getting things done for the players needed to come in.

He said goodbye to Lukaku and Sanchez and got no replacements at the time.

The record of the clubs admin is not good enough to mean he can start looking to move people like that on. If United move to let a player know they can go it will upset things and, as seen with Lukaku, that player will still have to be let go if/when the club fails to get the new players in.

Ole will have to give little sign of wanting them gone unless he has the new players in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Fantastic , gotta keep the momentum going !!

https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/1390622419912740864?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Does that mean they’re skipping the home game against Leicester in the meantime? Would seem a better move to just go all in and do it for all home games..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Does that mean they’re skipping the home game against Leicester in the meantime? Would seem a better move to just go all in and do it for all home games..

Id presume it may be to do with the time of the games. The Leicester game is being played at 6 but the Liverpool game is at 8.15 and they would be hoping to get a bigger turnout later on in the evening.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

They wont stop any more games though. GMP released a statement earlier basically admitting that they screwed up last Sunday and saying that there will be a much larger presence for the remaining games/protests.

https://twitter.com/JamieJackson___/status/1390611078854414336

Just another one in the long list of bluffers. No doubt has a few different twitter accounts also.

He does not.

Knew him for years as a kid and kept in contact with him up until recently enough. Wouldn't be someone that would lie for attention, though his information could be wrong.

As for not naming names (mentioned in post above yours).... how many times have people read articles, anywhere, from anyone, that would say something like

'Niel Wood has said the first team training is poor', 'Privately Arteta has said that he finds Ole's tactics easy to counter as they are "basic AF".

for example.

Just because names aren't named, doesn't mean the comment isn't real. You don't get critical quotes "on the record", in virtually any business.

Ole is not in a position to ask the club to move on Pogba or Martial unless the club get better players first.

To move them on it would require working on their departure while getting things done for the players needed to come in.

He said goodbye to Lukaku and Sanchez and got no replacements at the time.

The record of the clubs admin is not good enough to mean he can start looking to move people like that on. If United move to let a player know they can go it will upset things and, as seen with Lukaku, that player will still have to be let go if/when the club fails to get the new players in.

Ole will have to give little sign of wanting them gone unless he has the new players in.

whatever about any desire to sell and replace Martial, i don't think Ole's actions or comments around Pogba indicate he wants him gone. I would imagine if Pogba doesn't sign a new contract in the next month then Ole would prefer to see him sold so that he can reinvest, but I don't think Ole would be vetoing a new contract in order to sell him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Looking back (still not finished yet), you’d have to say we’ve had a chance to be closer to City and not taken it.

It’s mad to think in the top 5 leagues in Europe only 2 teams have lost less games than us this season.

Think our slow start didn’t help us. Picking up 1 point from two games with Palace. The draws that piled up, most notably against West Brom, and a few others where we could have snatched a win.

It’s not been perfect and we need more consistency. Still happy with 2nd and a Cup Final. Just hope we can win Europa and it lights more of a fire under the players.

Really feels like we are knocking on the door, I’m not overly confident about our summer transfer options but if we can strengthen some areas and start next season in good form I honestly think we will give it a good go.

I know I’ve fallen down the position of defending a our managers since Fergie left but Ole is an odd one.

People came into this season with low expectations and we’ve done quite well. Season has seen a solid improvement compared to last.

The telling campaign for Ole will be next season. Would be foolish to replace him now in my mind. If we don’t see any signs next year that’s different

Took over during the season with us in 6th. Next season we finish 3rd with 3 semi final appearances. This season we’re on track to finish 2nd with 2 semi final appearances, and one final that we could yet win.

Definitely have to see how next season goes. Surely even the biggest critic must be curious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I received the below from United in an email just now, apparently to be published to the website shortly.
    Dear fan representatives

Thank you for your letter dated April 30, sent in your capacity as representatives of Manchester United fans. I read the contents closely and your love and passion for the club came across very clearly.

I want to salute your service to the Fans’ Forum, which I know is a vital channel for consultation between the club and our fans. As I recently stated publicly, I am personally committed to ensuring that we strengthen this relationship in future.

Your heartfelt letter captured the unique spirit of Manchester United, forged through decades of triumph, adversity and tragedy, and still powerfully present in today’s exciting team under Ole and the vibrant fanbase which you represent.

I was personally humbled by parts of your letter, as you explained so clearly why our initial support for the European Super League left you feeling angry and let down. I would like to reiterate my sincere apology for the mistakes that were made.

In particular, I want to acknowledge the need for change, with deeper consultation with you as our main fan representative body across a range of important issues, including the competitions we play in. We also recognise the importance of fan and football interests being embedded in key decision-making processes at every level of the club, and we are open to constructive discussions on how to reinforce that principle.

We remain committed to working with the wider football community to make the game stronger and more sustainable over the long-term, and we will now refocus our efforts on doing this within the existing structures of UEFA and the Premier League.

In addition, I want to reassure you that my family and I care deeply about Manchester United and feel a profound sense of responsibility to protect and enhance its strength for the long-term, while respecting its values and traditions.

Our top priority is, and will always be, competing for the most important trophies, playing entertaining football with a team comprised of top-quality recruits and some of the world’s best homegrown talent. Under Ole, we feel we are absolutely on the right track.

Success on the field must be underpinned by solid foundations off it. We have supported sustained investment in the team over many years, and that will continue this summer.

We recognise that we will need to significantly increase investment in Old Trafford and our training complex to ensure that the club’s facilities remain among the best in Europe. As part of this, we will consult with fans on investments related to the stadium and the matchday experience.

Indeed, one of the clearest lessons of the past few weeks is the need for us to become better listeners. To this end, I can commit the club will engage across all of the issues raised in your letter.

To highlight some specific points, as one of the few European football clubs listed on the public markets, we believe in the principle of fans owning shares in the club. We have previously engaged with the Manchester United Supporters’ Trust on fan share ownership and we want to continue and accelerate those discussions, together with provisions to enhance associated fan consultation.

We recognise that the Government-initiated, fan-led review of football is a positive opportunity to explore new structures for fan engagement and influence. I can assure you that we will willingly and openly engage in the review, with the aim of putting fans at the heart of the game and ensuring their interests are advanced and protected.

These commitments are a starting point for further dialogue, including all the specific points you raised, rather than final proposals.

We want to work together to come up with an ambitious package of measures which will transform our relationship with fans and strengthen the club for the long-term. In this spirit, we will reach out to members of the forum to schedule a meeting in which I shall participate as soon as possible after the final game of the season.

Thank you again for your work for the forum and your passion for the club. I look forward to meeting you and in the meantime let’s look forward to a successful end to the season.

With best regards
    Joel Glazer
    Executive Co-Chairman and Director

Delighted to hear this. If fans are to protest better do it right like last time.

And to Ole’s credit I think his man management has been brilliant. With Moyes, LVG and Mourinho there were always rumblings of players being unhappy.

All the players seem to be coming out and praising how he handles them. Even ones not getting regular game time saying it’s not like he outcasts them.

Reminds me of Nicky Butt I think telling the story how he was told exactly when he would be needed and it would be explained to him that he wouldn’t be playing certain games as they wanted him to play others where he’d need to play a key role.

No doubt the super sub has learned how to handle the fringe or rotational players.

On the one hand I think we could have done more this season with a bit of luck, and a proper striker for most of it, this season could feel like a missed opportunity.

But it would be foolish to assume that next season will be similar and we just need a bit more luck/consistency - I think Chelsea will be a big threat next season as they have made big strides under Tuchel. I also think Liverpool could and probably will be a lot better next season as I dont think they will suffer the same injury crisis that did (imo) have a massive effect on their season.

If United only stay about the same place in terms of performance and maybe a small up tick in results, I think Chelsea and Liverpool will leap-front us.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That letter is what they should have released two weeks ago. That it took a protest to drag it out of them is telling.

On the one hand I think we could have done more this season with a bit of luck, and a proper striker for most of it, this season could feel like a missed opportunity.

But it would be foolish to assume that next season will be similar and we just need a bit more luck/consistency - I think Chelsea will be a big threat next season as they have made big strides under Tuchel. I also think Liverpool could and probably will be a lot better next season as I dont think they will suffer the same injury crisis that did (imo) have a massive effect on their season.

If United only stay about the same place in terms of performance and maybe a small up tick in results, I think Chelsea and Liverpool will leap-front us.

Unless we buy 3 top class players we will fall behind.

That's why I think the protests are important. Put at least some pressure on

The last time we signed more then 1 top quality player was 2007.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    That letter is what they should have released two weeks ago. That it took a protest to drag it out of them is telling.

the letter today is the response to the open letter delivered at the fan forum last friday, which requested a response by today - so no surprise it took to today.

Also, feck that letter tbh. Utterly meaningless world-salad drivel.

"In addition, I want to reassure you that my family and I care deeply about Manchester United and feel a profound sense of responsibility to protect and enhance its strength for the long-term, while respecting its values and traditions."

They have done NOTHING, EVER, to show they feel this responsibility, or care. They can't 'reassure' this; they've never done anything to demonstrate it. How many games have they attended in the last 2 years?

"To highlight some specific points, as one of the few European football clubs listed on the public markets, we believe in the principle of fans owning shares in the club. We have previously engaged with the Manchester United Supporters’ Trust on fan share ownership and we want to continue and accelerate those discussions, together with provisions to enhance associated fan consultation."

they didn't float for fan ownership, and the fact that the shares they have sold have zero influence or voting rights means and share owndership beyond them is meaningless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

loyatemu wrote: »

When you say Ajax have a rigid system do you mean they actually have a system as opposed to a random collection of players making it up as they go along ?
    I'm still not sure what Ole's style of play is.

• Advertisement

That Glazer response shouldn’t be taken at face value.

It’s only theory. Until there’s actually actions to move in that directions it’s little more than words.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement