Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer/Gossip 23/24 - [New Thread Available]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

The Glazers are obviously the ones driving this from our perspective, Ed is just a patsy. Same as John Henry is the driver behind LFC attempting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Who can say 100% was the mastermind behind all this.
    I still think the Glaziers will have a plan in place if everything goes bang..
    Hopefully it's both Glaziers and Woodward who are to be banished from the premiership.
    Going to be interesting.

Its pie in the sky stuff to think Glazers or Ed will be punished if they remain in the EPL. The only thing that will push Joel and co away is a financial loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Its pie in the sky stuff to think Glazers or Ed will be punished if they remain in the EPL. The only thing that will push Joel and co away is a financial loss.

The statement from the premier league stated something along the lines of there is one person who will not be welcome back.
    Well I don't know how you could not welcome back the owners without shutting out the club, hence my suspicions that Woodward could be he sacrificial lamb.

The statement from the premier league stated something along the lines of there is one person who will not be welcome back.
    Well I don't know how you could not welcome back the owners without shutting out the club, hence my suspicions that Woodward could be he sacrificial lamb.

The can make demands, doesnt mean they will be followed through.

In a perfect world we all would love Ed and The Glazers gone.... however, lets be real. they arent going anywhere until its not profitable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

The Glazers are obviously the ones driving this from our perspective, Ed is just a patsy. Same as John Henry is the driver behind LFC attempting it.

Sheev Palpatine preferred tactics:

Get into a position of power and act like normal service will continue. Spend years insidiously in the background creating a faction of powerful allies who can undermine the current status quo while acting as an ambassador of the current system.

At the time that the establishment is most vulnerable you show your true face and hit them with the ultimate goal of

giphy.gif

And then boom!!! The galaxy is all yours to do and wish what you please.... Don’t forget to act like you are saving the people from tyranny or obliviation , so you don’t get rid of the senate immediately , you can erode that away over time....

Excerpt taken from the biography of Sheev Palpatine “how to f*ck up everything for everybody and convince them it’s better then what they had”.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Drumpot wrote: »
    Where did I say it was the answer? I just accept Cause and effect . You mess with something that people are fanatical about you may stir a hornets nest. If they get hurt, it’s their own fault.

No its not. A group of people turning up at your workplace or home to physically assault someone is premeditated and not the victims fault. Its an action another party has decided upon. Its thuggish, disgusting and shows a complete lack of intelligence.

Having people very annoyed at them and protests against them yes are expected. Violence is against the law and lets be honest here you brought up this topic last time saying you wouldn't be surprised or care if it happened, its not hard to read between the lines of this being I hope certain people get this type of justice.

Even murmurs of this being hinted at online is not what we need as it could escalate. Thankfully I doubt fans of Liverpool, Spurs and City are considering assaulting their owners and chief execs. Silly stuff.

No its not. A group of people turning up at your workplace or home to physically assault someone is premeditated and not the victims fault. Its an action another party has decided upon. Its thuggish, disgusting and shows a complete lack of intelligence.

Having people very annoyed at them and protests against them yes are expected. Violence is against the law and lets be honest here you brought up this topic last time saying you wouldn't be surprised or care if it happened, its not hard to read between the lines of this being I hope certain people get this type of justice.

Even murmurs of this being hinted at online is not what we need as it could escalate. Thankfully I doubt fans of Liverpool, Spurs and City are considering assaulting their owners and chief execs. Silly stuff.

You keep writing as if I’m pushing for people to do it, do you actually understand what I’ve said? Because it looks like you are responding to a view I haven’t shared and a post I didn’t make.

I respectfully disagree and I believe Drumpots comment is fair

He, nor do I, believe that violence is the solution here. But its a reaction to be expected when you act as Glazers have acted.

Yes the violence is wrong, but make no mistake they caused it. The violence wouldnt be present without their actions.

I dont wanna see anyone hurt or attacked, but Id have very little sympathy for Woodward and co if anything happened. They made their own bed.

You keep writing as if I’m pushing for people to do it, do you actually understand what I’ve said? Because it looks like you are responding to a view I haven’t shared and a post I didn’t make.

Sorry but this reads like somebody building a wafer thin ivory tower to engage in virtue signalling.

No I don't think your pushing for people to do it, that would be truly nuts, but i get the feeling its something you'd like to happen. You've made your disdain for Woodward and the Glazers very clear.

You have brought up this possibility of violence twice out of the blue now. Its seemingly on your mind at the very least, the possibility of it clearly interests you.

Lol @ Ivory tower virtue signalling. Surprised you didn't try fit in snowflake or other Americanisim's. You keep raising this subject, if your going to get sensitive about this subject maybe you should keep these thoughts of violence to yourself.

• Advertisement

I respectfully disagree and I believe Drumpots comment is fair

He, nor do I, believe that violence is the solution here. But its a reaction to be expected when you act as Glazers have acted.

Yes the violence is wrong, but make no mistake they caused it. The violence wouldnt be present without their actions.

I dont wanna see anyone hurt or attacked, but Id have very little sympathy for Woodward and co if anything happened. They made their own bed.

No they haven't or won't have caused it. They have proposed an action, along with a group of others that the majority disagree with. People can either debate, protest or engage in violence. Its a choice not the only possible outcome.

No they haven't or won't have caused it. They have proposed an action, along with a group of others that the majority disagree with. People can either debate, protest or engage in violence. Its a choice not the only possible outcome.

They will. Its an action and a caused reaction.

Of course its a choice, but its a reaction which is fair to assume may happen considering the Glazers actions.

If my bother takes a piece of meat out of a hungry dogs mouth, and I warn him before hand its likely to happen, and he ignores it and does it anyway, then gets bitten. Its his own fault in some respects as well as the dogs. He knew how the dog would react.

Fanatics will react badly, Glazers would know this and expect it. Their own fault IMO

No I don't think your pushing for people to do it, that would be truly nuts, but i get the feeling its something you'd like to happen. You've made your disdain for Woodward and the Glazers very clear.

You have brought up this possibility of violence twice out of the blue now. Its seemingly on your mind at the very least, the possibility of it clearly interests you.

Lol @ Ivory tower virtue signalling. Surprised you didn't try fit in snowflake or other Americanisim's. You keep raising this subject, if your going to get sensitive about this subject maybe you should keep these thoughts of violence to yourself.

You get the feeling I’d like it to happen because I hate the owners? I want the owners to go but not because somebody is killed. I’ve also said they are preferable to the Saudis.

I don’t want to see somebody being killed or a family hurt but I think they are playing with fire and any person that has a basic grasp of human nature will see where this could end up in a tragic incident.

But here’s the thing, They have already been attacked, I’m not making that up or inventing an imaginary scenario. That wasn’t for anything near as big as what this new league might do to change the game. So our owners being potentially attacked is relevant and possible.

You get the feeling I’d like it to happen because I hate the owners? I want the owners to go but not because somebody is killed. I’ve also said they are preferable to the Saudis.

I don’t want to see somebody being killed or a family hurt but I think they are playing with fire and any person that has a basic grasp of human nature will see where this could end up in a tragic incident.

But here’s the thing, They have already been attacked, I’m not making that up or inventing an imaginary scenario. That wasn’t for anything near as big as what this new league might do to change the game. So our owners being potentially attacked is relevant and possible.

No. I clearly said its because you've brought up this talk of violence against the owners twice now, and its only you, and you say you'd expect it.

Hating the owners if fine, its your choice, many do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

The game has different meaning to people. These change may affect how they feel about the club or even football going forward. That anecdote may mean nothing good to you but it expresses the sentiments of what a lot of people imagined the sport should be about which is the fans.

I don’t know if SAF is pro ESL or not, but I know he’s built the club to the status it has and has given way more to fans then anybody else. In the absence knowing one way or another why shouldn’t I presume he’s behind the fans?
    I get that the anecdote captures the sentiment of giving back to the local fan.

At the same time, it's literally about satisfying the needs of those who part with their hard earned cash to fund the whole operation. The breakdown of who those people are and where they are located has changed drastically over the past 20 years.

The sad reality is that we've just well and truly hit a tipping point where the global audience far outweighs the local fan base.

No. I clearly said its because you've brought up this talk of violence against the owners twice now, and its only you, and you say you'd expect it.

Hating the owners if fine, its your choice, many do.

There was an attack on them in January 2019. I commented on a topic we were all discussing. I said what I think a lot of people think , which is that they are bringing this on themselves. People then reacted as if I’d been Sharing pictures of me throwing a molatov cocktail onto Woodward’s lawn.

Now something bigger has happened that could shake the club up even further and you haven’t thought there could be trouble? Didn’t Cross your mind that the people who went nuts a few years ago for us under performing in the league might take things a bit further when the club is making huge changes that is completely alienating the hardcore fanbase even more?!!

I looked back over your holier then though response:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112241927&postcount=454

Now, Like then , you are just making up crap I didn’t say and making presumptions on a viewpoint you don’t seem to get.

Cause and effect , you reap what you sow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Watching SSN here, there are reports that the other 14 teams are open to welcoming the 'top 6' back but will not welcome back some of the senior executives involved, my assumption is Joel Glazer given he's heavily involved, maybe Woodward as well.

This could be groundbreaking for the owners to fúck off.

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/1384518392137273347?s=20

There is no way this isn't Joel Glazer.

Sliver lining here is this might be the downfall of the Glazers/Woodward, maybe naive to think it but christ it'd be fantastic.

Fcuk them. I will not be worrying about what happens to any of them.
    They knew the outcome of this, they knew the fans were already very disgruntled with them.
    Truth is they don't give a damn about the club or their supporters.
    Pure and utter greed so what ever comes there way it's brought on themselves.
    No matter what happens after this, sanctions, fines bans or scrapping ESL things will never be the same while they are in charge. Always waiting for the next big step in destroying the club.

There was an attack on them in January 2019. I commented on a topic we were all discussing. I said what I think a lot of people think , which is that they are bringing this on themselves. People then reacted as if I’d been Sharing pictures of me throwing a molatov cocktail onto Woodward’s lawn.

Now something bigger has happened that could shake the club up even further and you haven’t thought there could be trouble? Didn’t Cross your mind that the people who went nuts a few years ago for us under performing in the league might take things a bit further when the club is making huge changes that is completely alienating the hardcore fanbase even more?!!

Now, Like then , you are just making up crap I didn’t say and making presumptions on a viewpoint you don’t seem to get.

I remember you bringing it up before but could not be bothered to go back and look at the nonsense you spouted then, as it was that bad, but as you've managed to remember the date and take the effort to dig it up I've re read it.

All I can say is holy cow, the post is as embarrassing now as it was then, I forgot how bad it was. "Raping the club, religion, f*ck them, they have been warned" all in one post. Bizarre and worrying. I stand by what I said about it.

And there wasn't an attack on someone before, thats the big difference, there was a protest, nobody was harmed. People with flares outside Woodwards house and a screen cap with Woodwards gonna die on it. This is what your referring to and thankfully it was widely condemned around here.

Imagine a situation where pictures of a bloody nosed Woodward or Glazer emerged after an assault and thats the min that could happen in an assault scenario. It would reflect terribly on our Club, the fans especially. We'd be labeled yobs and hooligans. People from all clubs and beyond would come out to condemn it, players, managers, politicians etc as our club would if pictures of Levy or anyone else post assault emerged. Its not something we need or anyone should want or expect.

You have a fetish for this topic, it weird but I said it in that post and I say it again but its time to step away from the keyboard when you bring this crap into the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/1384518392137273347?s=20

There is no way this isn't Joel Glazer.

Sliver lining here is this might be the downfall of the Glazers/Woodward, maybe naive to think it but christ it'd be fantastic.

Glazers won't sell the club unless they get a massive offer that makes sense to them. And the only people that look likely to ever make massive offers are groups that I'd rather weren't involved at United as well. A very depressing time to be a United fan really, there doesn't seem to be a nice way that results in the club not being a play thing for unsavoury characters.

Glazers won't sell the club unless they get a massive offer that makes sense to them. And the only people that look likely to ever make massive offers are groups that I'd rather weren't involved at United as well. A very depressing time to be a United fan really, there doesn't seem to be a nice way that results in the club not being a play thing for unsavoury characters.

Yeah I'm not sure what the "not welcoming back certain individuals" even means. Like it or not these people bought, own and legally have rights to the clubs in question. The 14 other representatives cannot remove them, if they wont interact with them or let them rejoin a committee the clubs will just carry on or appoint someone to go to those meetings. Sounds like a cold shoulder approach and the billionaires couldn't care less.

One thing to note is the timing. They chose to do this now when fans arent around (or at least its been a perfect opportunity to do so.)

But the backlash would be expected, and yes fans arent there to "vent their frustration in a stadium" but to be honest the backlash could be worse than any protest ever.

United fans are now not alone in their anger. They wont be alone at protests.

And while the timing has been a perfect opportunity in one regard, its a bad thing too in others. People are already angry at lockdowns, restrictions, death..... people now against this already are feeling it and now they want to take football away.

The backlash could be a tidal wave of anger.

I remember you bringing it up before but could not be bothered to go back and look at the nonsense you spouted then, as it was that bad, but as you've managed to remember the date and take the effort to dig it up I've re read it.

All I can say is holy cow, the post is as embarrassing now as it was then, I forgot how bad it was. "Raping the club, religion, f*ck them, they have been warned" all in one post. Bizarre and worrying. I stand by what I said about it.

And there wasn't an attack on someone before, thats the big difference, there was a protest, nobody was harmed. People with flares outside Woodwards house and a screen cap with Woodwards gonna die on it. This is what your referring to and thankfully it was widely condemned around here.

Imagine a situation where pictures of a bloody nosed Woodward or Glazer emerged after an assault and thats the min that could happen in an assault scenario. It would reflect terribly on our Club, the fans especially. We'd be labeled yobs and hooligans. People from all clubs and beyond would come out to condemn it, players, managers, politicians etc as our club would if pictures of Levy or anyone else post assault emerged. Its not something we need or anyone should want or expect.

You have a fetish for this topic, it weird but I said it in that post and I say it again but its time to step away from the keyboard when you bring this crap into the thread.

aceventurathumbsup.gif

One thing to note is the timing. They chose to do this now when fans arent around (or at least its been a perfect opportunity to do so.)

But the backlash would be expected, and yes fans arent there to "vent their frustration in a stadium" but to be honest the backlash could be worse than any protest ever.

United fans are now not alone in their anger. They wont be alone at protests.

And while the timing has been a perfect opportunity in one regard, its a bad thing too in others. People are already angry at lockdowns, restrictions, death..... people now against this already are feeling it and now they want to take football away.

The backlash could be a tidal wave of anger.

Yeh, the timing is opportune alright. If they have some fans back in stadium by end of season it will be very interesting to see how it plays out.

Fascinating to see if any of the 12 breaks ranks. I guess the glazers will do what they always do and hide until the noise dies down.

Chelsea fans going to try and stop the team coaches getting into the ground tonight.

So it starts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

"Let me sort this out. Let the bus go in. Give people time" - interesting from Petr Cech while trying to get fans to stop blocking access to Stamford Bridge tonight.

United fans need to have the strongest reaction of all, because not only does this shambles need to be stopped, but the Glazers must be kicked out. It would be great if the other PL clubs do not want to Glazers to be part of the PL as suggested earlier. Joel Glazer, as the head clown in all of this, was definitely one of the people referred to when they said some people will not be welcome in the PL.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Luke Shaw on Twitter.

"Not a minute has passed when I haven't thought about the current situation.
    I wondered how I could express my opinion without causing any issues for my Club, which everyone knows I care about deeply.

I grew up watching the Premier League and Champions League and fell in love with the sport watching, what in my opinion are, the two biggest club competitions in the world.

My ambition was to one day be able to play in these competitions and part of this determination was to show that with hard work anyone can achieve these dreams and play on the highest stages.

There is so much passion around the world for football and I have been privileged to experience that first-hand, however I worry that these changes could impact the sport that I and millions of others love.

We've been without supporters in stadiums for over a year now and I know how much myself and the team have missed them in each and every game. Fans and players should always have a voice and their opinion should always be counted."

v3ttel wrote: »
    "Let me sort this out. Let the bus go in. Give people time" - interesting from Petr Cech while trying to get fans to stop blocking access to Stamford Bridge tonight.

United fans need to have the strongest reaction of all, because not only does this shambles need to be stopped, but the Glazers must be kicked out. It would be great if the other PL clubs do not want to Glazers to be part of the PL as suggested earlier. Joel Glazer, as the head clown in all of this, was definitely one of the people referred to when they said some people will not be welcome in the PL.

Unless I missed it I seen no reaction around old Trafford. Seeing alot of clips of banners outside Anfield and banners being taken down, also banners outside of city's ground.
    Maybe I missed it.

Very well said Luke.

BBC reporting Chelsea about to withdraw!

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »

Sky aswell..

Ha ha, chew on that turd sandwich glazers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Fair play to Chelsea fans, hopefully utd fans follow suit but pity we're away in the next PL match

Maybe this will revitalize anti Glazers marches (fingers crossed)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Lord TSC wrote: »

It really is the perfect opportunity.

I thought it would be too much to resist for Roman to become the people's champion and whitewash his reputation once and for all.

The first defector will have all the spoils in this. Good man Roman, he's probably wily enough to have this as some kind of masterplan all along :pac:

Headshot wrote: »
    Fair play to Chelsea fans, hopefully utd fans follow suit but pity we're away in the next PL match

Maybe this will revitalize anti Glazers marches (fingers crossed)

This may actually of been what we all needed to break the straw on the camels back.

I think Woodward will be their scapegoat, even seeing him turfed out would be significant because they don’t want to sack him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

I hope none of the 6 clubs get away with punishment now

With Chelsea out, City will pull out quickly too.

xtal191 wrote: »
    I hope none of the 6 clubs get away with punishment now

I think it's changed the landscape for the worse for them, they will never have that same power as before

I think it's changed the landscape for the worse for them, they will never have that same power as before

I hope your right. I think they won't like being beaten and will start to hatch a different plan for a later date. Maybe UEFA or fifa can draw up something binding to stop this happening.
    Myself I will never really be able to relax as a United supporter as long as the glaziers and Woodward are anything to do with them.

Respect to the Chelsea fans who turned out tonight

Myself I will never really be able to relax as a United supporter as long as the glaziers and Woodward are anything to do with them.

Me too.

I feel though if this ESL doesnt go ahead it will hit the Glazers pockets and they'll finally learn something like this will never happen and finally concede and sell utd

There's no doubt in my mind Glazers had this planned for years and saw a chance during the pandemic to start a war or sorts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

It's hardly a financial incentive for Chelsea or City to be involved however with our club and the leeches who own it it's a whole different ball game. There should be protests outside Old Trafford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Thank christ for Chelsea and Roman I guess. We'll be ride or die until the end but if most other clubs aren't totally tone deaf it'll fail.

We still disgraced ourselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

Me too.

I feel though if this ESL doesnt go ahead it will hit the Glazers pockets and they'll finally learn something like this will never happen and finally concede and sell utd

There's no doubt in my mind Glazers had this planned for years and saw a chance during the pandemic to start a war or sorts

The problem is they may strictly limit funds for investment in the team this Summer.

billyhead wrote: »
    The problem is they may strictly limit funds for investment in the team this Summer.

If they want CL football they'll have to invest.

This is one of the biggest reasons why they want the ESL, they dont want to keep investing to make us a CL team and saw the ESL as an easy way out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

City pulling out now as well

It would be great if these ESL plans all crumble to pieces but they do feel somewhat like a symptom and not the underlying problem itself.

I'd be curious if this is a turning point to address the root cause and whether anything is put in place to reverse decisions that got us to where we are right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

City also withdrawing according to Martin Lipton.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

My worry is that United are too deep in this to pull out.

Whatever punishments come and they should come I would hope should be directed at the owners and board and not towards the fans or current players. Don't know how that would be done but they must be got rid of.

Also need more of our players to come out against it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Ball burst I’d say. The tide is turning. Hopefully United follow suit ASAP.

• Advertisement

I'm hoping they'll be punishment, real substantial punishment even if the clubs withdraw from the ESL

I go as far as to say utd should get kicked out of the EL

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement