Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer/Gossip 23/24 - [New Thread Available]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Buzzing to see how that team fairs up against a strong Leicester side that needs 3 points. De Gea will be fairly busy again.

I'll be very surprised and impressed if we don't lose this game. Buzzing to see Diallo and Elanga

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

I wasn't really pushed with watching this considering the awful time it's on at but intrigued to see Amad and the other youngsters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Any protests?

Headshot wrote: »
    Any protests?

Just from Liverpool fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Buzzing to see how that team fairs up against a strong Leicester side that needs 3 points. De Gea will be fairly busy again.

I'll be very surprised and impressed if we don't lose this game. Buzzing to see Diallo and Elanga

Id rather lose this game than Lose Thursdays game.

Id rather win both mind you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,259 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

not a bad looking bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Headshot wrote: »
    Any protests?

Only Klopp :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Leicester at full strength or as close as they could be.

They should absolutely walk this match. could be quite a humiliation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Level of change was necessary. I hope that expectations are aligned with the reality of having to play a second string team against our closest rivals for 2nd place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Interesting list of last starts in the league for the 11 tonight

https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/1392150857806921730?s=12

• Advertisement

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Level of change was necessary. I hope that expectations are aligned with the reality of having to play a second string team against our closest rivals for 2nd place.

I know I am still going to be annoyed if we lose.

I don't 'accept' United losing matches, under any circumstances really.

It is just three subs allowed isn't it?

I wish I had Ole's confidence but then again I've never seen that selection play together. With the chasing pack so close I hope we don't take a bit loss and thus dent the goal difference.

Having said all that I'm excited to see how the perform.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

S.M.B. wrote: »

can't see Leicester or Chelsea catching us.

Liverpool can't complain (though I'm sure Klopp will). You always get matches at the end of the season where teams have other priorities, or where players are already mentally on the beach - it's not our fault they didn't rack up more points earlier in the year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm not massively bothered with the result.

What I do want to see is a team that are desperate to impress, and are seeing this as a chance to prove themselves. From kids to the older lads, I want to see a desire to fight for a first team spot today, even if they lose dramatically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,166 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Pipmae wrote: »
    It is just three subs allowed isn't it?

I wish I had Ole's confidence but then again I've never seen that selection play together. With the chasing pack so close I hope we don't take a bit loss and thus dent the goal difference.

Having said all that I'm excited to see how the perform.

4th allowed if theres a clash of heads and you've already made 3.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm not massively bothered with the result.

What I do want to see is a team that are desperate to impress, and are seeing this as a chance to prove themselves. From kids to the older lads, I want to see a desire to fight for a first team spot today, even if they lose dramatically.

I just think back to the 'fringe' team performances last season in the Cup for example, and it was terrible. so not expecting anything different tonight. there is going to be a massive lack of organization and shape.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I just think back to the 'fringe' team performances last season in the Cup for example, and it was terrible. so not expecting anything different tonight. there is going to be a massive lack of organization and shape.

Yeah, sadly, I think there's going to be several "Oh, that's why you never play!" performances tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Score predictions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

py2006 wrote: »
    Score predictions?

united to lose by at least 3, and struggle to score

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeah, sadly, I think there's going to be several "Oh, that's why you never play!" performances tonight.

which i also think is unfair.

If you bring Telles into a generally first choice team you can make a judgement, or VDB for example.

But Telles is going to be playing best 2 cbs that haven't played together (same is true of Williams.)

VDB is in a midfield with Mata (not played in ages) and Matic, a trio that never plays together and aiming at a front line with two debuts and a player we have generally played wide not central.

I don't expect much from the team, but I also wouldn't judge any individual on tonight - unless it is in terms of them (somehow) bossing the match.

There are essentially zero developed partnerships out there, and I expect it to show

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Interesting list of last starts in the league for the 11 tonight

https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/1392150857806921730?s=12

They should be all fresh anyway that's great news for Liverpool on my opinion. Better then a player that's tired.

Score predictions?

Is it cheating if I predict a few mins after the match starts. :D

Leicester have been dung for a few weeks now, wouldn't rule out our chances this evening by any stretch.

"[There's] ligament damage but hopefully we will see him again this season. Hopefully, he'll be ready for the final."

maguire pretty much ruled out until the final at best i would think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

I think anything is possible really. I do think we can win, but a loss wouldn't surprise either, although it would still annoy!

Pipmae wrote: »
    Is it cheating if I predict a few mins after the match starts. :D

up to the 5 min mark is ok

up to the 5 min mark is ok

what was the score vs Spurs at that point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Scenes when that team hops off Leicester though

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Didn't expect that amount of rotation!

But glad all the same it's happening in this game....and that we're more focused on Thursday evening.

I'll be surprised if we avoid defeat tonight.
    Iheanacho in very good form for them.

Edit: Bruno, Cavani and Pogba on at Half time could make all the difference!

• Advertisement

Strong bench if things do go haywire

"[There's] ligament damage but hopefully we will see him again this season. Hopefully, he'll be ready for the final."

maguire pretty much ruled out until the final at best i would think

so Bailly is going to get injured tonight. Cool.

what was the score vs Spurs at that point?

Can't remember

Now I've seen the line up in their shape I'm a bit more confident.

I might be in a minority here but I like Robbie Savage and it's clear he loves United and doesn't mind being biased, especially with his son in the youth team.

Again probably in the minority but really enjoyed him as a player as well, always gave it his all and was underated if anything. Loved how he got under people's skin as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Henderson has the best save % in the league. 82% or something. I wasn't sold on him but starting to warm to him and the fact that he claims crosses and sweeps up behind the defence are major plus points
    A big plus with him is his willingness to come off his line and attack the ball. I'm sure it will cost us a goal or two over the course of a season but that's acceptable for the overall danger it snuffs out.

I'm not saying Henderson is a bad keeper by any means and yes he seems to have more vocal confidence to shout at those around him but when it comes to bread and butter shot stopping, we will be lacking with him there over DDG.

Is that best save % stat in the league this season? He's had 11 starts for us so its not yet an accurate reflection of ability. Yes DDG is on crazy money but its a critical position and you need the best there. In terms of ability the areas where DDG is better are very important which seldom get mentioned. Henderson has had one very bad mistake this season already but scratch that, DDG is not immune to that either but I've seen other games where Henderson is making risky and bad passes out, he had one game in particular that had me on edge.

We will over the course of a season conceded more with Henderson than DDG imo which will cost points. The AC Milan late equalizer at OT is a good example of what I'm talking about, a header almost directly at Henderson but he's leaning back trying to swat it away, its easy bread and butter save for DDG.

• Advertisement

I'm not saying Henderson is a bad keeper by any means and yes he seems to have more vocal confidence to shout at those around him but when it comes to bread and butter shot stopping, we will be lacking with him there over DDG.

Is that best save % stat in the league this season? He's had 11 starts for us so its not yet an accurate reflection of ability. Yes DDG is on crazy money but its a critical position and you need the best there. In terms of ability the areas where DDG is better are very important which seldom get mentioned. Henderson has had one very bad mistake this season already but scratch that, DDG is not immune to that either but I've seen other games where Henderson is making risky and bad passes out, he had one game in particular that had me on edge.

We will over the course of a season conceded more with Henderson than DDG imo which will cost points. The AC Milan late equalizer at OT is a good example of what I'm talking about, a header almost directly at Henderson but he's leaning back trying to swat it away, it was an easy bread and butter save for DDG.

With De Gea's weaknesses it's not just a player versus player assessment. The defence is better with Henderson, they're under less pressure because he's backing them up and ready to mop up in a way De Gea just doesn't do.

They can play a higher line with more confidence, it's vet difficult to play a high line without a sweeper keeper. How many goals have we conceded because of this? But they don't go down as De Gea mistakes.

The attack and transitions are also better thanks to quicker more accurate distribution.

I really like Dave and he's been a good servant but I don't think we can play the way we want or need to with him in the team anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I might be in a minority here but I like Robbie Savage and it's clear he loves United and doesn't mind being biased, especially with his son in the youth team.

Again probably in the minority but really enjoyed him as a player as well, always gave it his all and was underated if anything. Loved how he got under people's skin as well.

Always liked him. Used to enjoy his show on Saturday mornings on bt when they had the early game.

Is there anyway a three of Mata DVDB and Matic hold their own?

If they do the whole midfield issues have been overplayed :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Elanga left, Amad right and Greenwood in the middle.

Delighted to see that front 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

With De Gea's weaknesses it's not just a player versus player assessment. The defence is better with Henderson, they're under less pressure because he's backing them up and ready to mop up in a way De Gea just doesn't do.

They can play a higher line with more confidence, it's vet difficult to play a high line without a sweeper keeper. How many goals have we conceded because of this? But they don't go down as De Gea mistakes.

The attack and transitions are also better thanks to quicker more accurate distribution.

I really like Dave and he's been a good servant but I don't think we can play the way we want or need to with him in the team anymore.

Is there any evidence to back this up? Henderson's had very few league games for us so I don't see how any factual basis for this shown other than opinion.

• Advertisement

lets hope this is donny's coming out party

lets hope this is donny's coming out party

What has his sexuality got to do with the game?

Is there any evidence to back this up? Henderson's had very few league games for us so I don't see how any factual basis for this shown other than opinion.

Well, you'll get a lot of opinion on here, I'm not going to run a statistical analysis or anything, as the sample would be too small as you say ;)

On the eyeball test (mine and others at least) we're just better set-up defensively and offensively with him in the team.

De Gea has been our best player, largely because we've been hugely subpar and under pressure in games. De Gea's a better keeper in these circumstances, when facing lots of shots and the other team forcing a deeper line, like the game in Rome.

10 mins in and leicester take the lead

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Goal all started from the lcb running out and leaving the gap.

Rcb and Rb had to push over leaving space for the left back to score

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Elwood_Blues

Some goal in fairness

Feck ya, you are ahead of me

What has his sexuality got to do with the game?

given the world today its hard to know if you're serious or not.

but if you are, coming out as in announcing himself on the scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,121 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Leicester 1 up, woop!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Celebrating us conceding is weird.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement