Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer/Gossip 23/24 - [New Thread Available]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

py2006 wrote: »
    Is it just me or does Greenwood look more confident in this role. His body langauge and movement

Was just gonna say after that free he got on the end of his movement has relallly improved. Hopefully its the cavani effect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

S.M.B. wrote: »
    They removed the "if the ball strikes the hand in the build up to a goal then its automatically ruled out" rule this season anyway. Couldn't exactly tell you what the actual rules are right now though.

It has to immediately lead to a goal. So I'm guessing it nearly needs to come off the arm and either go in or go straight to somebody who then scores. There was too much time between Amad handling and Greenwood scoring I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Calling it early but Van De Beek will go down as one of our worst ever signings.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Great save from DDG there. If we could grab all 3 points here with the reserves it would be a great result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

If the game stays 1-1 by 70-80 mins, I wonder whether Ole will bring on Bruno, Cavani & Pogba and go for it
    Think he will....good for morale if they could win the game.

Seems Pool fans going mad on Social Media when they saw Utd team and Leicester went ahead....
    Had a quick look in on their thread on Boards there,a certain poster who regularly visits and comments on this thread left a few cutting comments....always surprises me that some of the regular posters here actively engage with his trolling here.

Liverpool,Chelsea,West Ham can’t complain about Utd tonight....we look comfortable in the game with likes of Amad,Mata and Greenwood doing well.
    Van de Beek not taking his chance to make an impression yet again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

I like this from Ole, game is there to be won, so bring them on!

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

517 career goals between rashford and cavani, is just a roundabout way of saying Cavani has scored a bucket load and making it sound like Rashford is some sort of supreme goalscorer.

Crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Bollix

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Well sh*t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,259 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

the dreaded curse of making subs on an opposition corner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

A set-piece, how very surprising.

Why is Rashford marking their biggest player.

One of Matic, Tuanzebe, Bailly need to take over there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Could feel that coming but hopefully can at least get an equaliser

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Why is Rashford marking their biggest player.

One of Matic, Tuanzebe, Bailly need to take over there

He was Elanga's man :p

He was Elanga's man :p

That makes it even more stupid

Should've have brought Pogba on as well, he's hardly been overworked and he's skilled at minding himself :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Looking more like my 1-3 prediction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Tuanzebe aint great either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭useless

Should’ve been 3 there!

Would be reaching for Pogba & Fernandes now.

De Gea is so pinned to his line, it's almost like he's got the yips or something!

Makes it all the more glaring when you've Henderson hopping around the place like he's had too much sugar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,259 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

rooney might be relegated after all with derby:

Derby face the possibility of being deducted points after the EFL won its appeal over the club's breaching of Financial Fair Play rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭downwesht

Donny hasn't shown much.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

useless wrote: »
    Should’ve been 3 there!

Would be reaching for Pogba & Fernandes now.

Can only bring on 1

Cometh the hour......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Should've have brought Pogba on as well, he's hardly been overworked and he's skilled at minding himself :D

Tbf, he's played about 3 matches while fasting. I'm ready to pass out if I haven't had my breakfast by 11am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭useless

paulbok wrote: »
    Can only bring on 1

Brain fart caused by watching united concede yet another goal from a set piece.

Tbf, he's played about 3 matches while fasting. I'm ready to pass out if I haven't had my breakfast by 11am.

Yes, a cheap shot, same for me here.

He fully observes Ramadan then?

This game has been lost because we have played 90 mins with only 9 men

Williams and Donny had a chance today and have offered absolutely nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Dreading a loss on Thurs too :-(

• Advertisement

Need the point, will be a hollow victory against Liverpool without it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

I’ll probably get lambasted for saying this……but that OT protest has not done us too many favours.

Protesting the way the ownership have conducted themselves is of course totally fair and correct – but the manner in which a minority of idiots took it too far that day has screwed up our end of season fixtures.

And Joel Glazer can write all the apologetic letters he likes.....reality is they count for very little

Premier league really didn’t help of course with the crazy reschedule of 3 games in 96 hours ….but no doubt there was some payback on their part there!

Hopefully we can get back on track next day.
    But the gap to 3rd place is now just 4 points.

And we hand the title to City :-(

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    This game has been lost because we have played 90 mins with only 9 men

Williams and Donny had a chance today and have offered absolutely nothing

Throwing a team of players together, most of whom have barely had a sniff of a football pitch and it's not a surprise to see that this happens. We see it in early rounds of cups where it's 11 individuals rather than a team

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

43iv8l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Sounds bad but not overly stressed about the loss.

9 changes, hectic schedule went in with low expectations myself against Leicester. Wished a few showed more fight given the opportunity though.

4 games left al between 13th and the 26th.
    Obviously Liverpool and Villarreal are the big ones.

Zeek12 wrote: »
    ….

And we hand the title to City :-(

It was always a matter of when rather than if.

Surprised we made them last this long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Did van de beek play in the second half cos I barely remember him touching the ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

py2006 wrote: »
    Dreading a loss on Thurs too :-(

Looking likely tbh.

We should have gone for the points in this game and put the kids out against Liverpool.

Decent chance of finishing third now.

If anything this shows why we need to sign players this summer, our squad is too far too thin for a title challenge next season. One injury and we're in sh1t Street. We're really miles off city and there's no way we're closing the gap with this squad.

Would a fit Martial have made the difference tonight?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

Was to be expected really. Dvb didn't do himself any favours. Thursday will tell a lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

jamesbere wrote: »
    Did van de beek play in the second half cos I barely remember him touching the ball

Yeah got through some decent defensive work but our entire midfield, or really team in general failed to get going in the second half in terms of attacking.

Vardy is a shadow of himself isn't he

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

nullzero wrote: »
    Looking likely tbh.

We should have gone for the points in this game and put the kids out against Liverpool.

If anything this shows why we need to sign players this summer, our squad is too far too thin for a title challenge next season. One injury and we're in sh1t Street. We're really miles off city and there's no way we're closing the gap with this squad.

Wouldn't say there's a decent chance of finishing third at all. Outside chance? Yes. Decent chance? No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Lord TSC wrote: »
    43iv8l.jpg

QONVIyz.gif

Looking likely tbh.

Can’t imagine Ole would want to play a weakened team against Pool.

Probably United fan coming out a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Martial has no intention fit or not he would have been in the way tonight

Very disappointing result as Thursday could have been more about tormenting the other side of town and stopping the pool from top 4 now all that's available is a hollow victory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I'm not sure people have grasped this but United played less then 48 hours earlier.. After playing nearly 60 games this season. It wasn't a case of saving the players for Liverpool it was a case of not overplaying them in such a short space of time and injuring any of them.

If we were playing pool tonight he would of still rested the players that played Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Very disappointing result as Thursday could have been more about tormenting the other side of town and stopping the pool from top 4 now all that's available is a hollow victory
    "tormenting the other side of town and stopping the pool from top 4" sound like hollow victories to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭skinny90

You’d swear this was a carobo cup round of 32 against Brentford with the squad he put out and not a game that means if loosing that’s city crowned champs and more pressure to defend 2nd place.
    I’m all for rotation but I think he could have played shaw and awb.
    Can’t see how mata got 90mins, Greenwood could easily have played the full match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

skinny90 wrote: »
    You’d swear this was a carobo cup round of 32 against Brentford with the squad he put out and not a game that means if loosing that’s city crowned champs and more pressure to defend 2nd place.
    Can’t see how mata got 90mins, Greenwood could easily have played the full match.

You say you're all for rotation but then explain that you dont know how it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Only saw the first half, but I thought it was grand considering the amount of changes. Amad looked lovely and Greenwood took the goal well. Elanga looked like he was trying hard but I don’t remember much from him.

Not sure what to say about Donny. I’m all for giving him time, but he hasn’t really stood out in any of his games this year. Hopefully he’ll improve next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

skinny90 wrote: »

I don't think playing Shaw was on the cards. He has historically struggled (or at least not performed near his usual level) with games in quick succession.

But I'd agree the rotation was a little too much tonight.
    Rodgers must have been delighted when he saw the teamsheet!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement