Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer/Gossip 23/24 - [New Thread Available]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,592 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

well that's that. :mad:

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Henderson is a really average keeper

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Henderson well dodgy tonight

Defence a shambles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Useless

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭useless

Henderson a bit rubbish there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

There you are. Liverpool deserved the win, we were diabolical but they were very good for spells.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

No way Salah was missing.

Minute he got the ball you knew it was another. Sloppy performance. Looked better when Greenwood came on but poor performance all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

wtf was matic at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Dave0301

I know he is still a young keeper, but Henderson will want to forget about this game in a hurry.

Couple of spilled shots and his positioning for the 4th goal was really poor.

°°°°°

After how utterly sh1te Liverpool have been this season, to let them do this to us at home isn't acceptable.

Major investment needed.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I'm not sure we should've given Bailly a new contract, he could be Jones mk II

United extending contracts of players who may not be quite what we need.... That doesn’t sound like something the club does....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

Awful..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Iago wrote: »
    Peter Schmeichel certainly wouldn't have just 'stood there' versus Salah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

What happened to Henderson being more of a sweeper keeper. That was ridiculous.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Most of the team look like they’re on their holidays. Like a team who know the steaks for us are non existent beyond some pride, verses a team desperate for the win.

Frustrating but not devastating.

I think Ole needs to stop playin Rashford on Rw. He’s useless there. If Pogba has displaced him at LW, then Rashford should be in the bench.

Also, a good example of why, for all the flack he gets, we miss Maguire massively in terms of organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

useless wrote: »
    Henderson a bit rubbish there too.

He had no chance whatsoever there , that goal is totally on the CBs pushing up too high

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Henderson somehow made the goal look bigger than it is for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

He had no chance whatsoever there , that goal is totally on the CBs pushing up too high

He was terrible for that one in fairness. No attempt to narrow the angle.

We give the ball away and Salah of all people scores a 1v1 and all the Henderson comments come pouring out.

Henderson stops Mane 1v1 not one comment.

It’s funny position being goalkeeper. He’s had a poor game for his standards but we always slump it on keepers.

I remember how unbearable this place was for De Geas first couple of seasons. The man was slated every game.

Small minded to rule out Henderson for one poor game. He’s shown more than enough his ability.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Excepting the first 20 mins, we've been utter tripe. Basic defending at set pieces that has nothing to do with Maguire not being there because it happens when he is there. A midfield that is walked through. Henderson has been dodgy too. Making saves look far better than they are and not doing some of the basic stuff well. He'll fit in the england team very well

Trent had absolutely no opposition. Someone else called it earlier. Pogba isn't going to stop him roaming forward out left, and Shaw has been left overrun the entire game.

AwB was hopefully watching his opposite Right Back, as that's how you play going forward.

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

Another season ending with a whimper.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

He could have at least tried something, anything to put Salah off it but no just stand and do nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Be nice if we could put this whole Henderson is the best option **** to bed now.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭caddy16

PARlance wrote: »
    He was terrible for that one in fairness. No attempt to narrow the angle.

It was something a schoolboy keeper would do, very very strange to see at this level

3 losses in 4 games. Ridiculous schedule of games in so little days but form is looking shaky and the defence looks terrible going into this final.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Henderson stops Mane 1v1 not one comment.

The form mane is in, I'd stop him 1v1

One team fighting for a European space the other going through the motions and it was easy to tell which was which.

Not defending it. Awful performance. Need to cop on and finish the season stronger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Adamocovic wrote: »

Small minded to rule out Henderson for one poor game. He’s shown more than enough his ability.

For what it's worth some have been saying it all along,I think he is a good keeper but not a Utd No1!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,306 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Bit of a reality check tonight.

Poor performance all round.

Doesn’t bode well for a final in a couple of weeks that’s the best this side can muster up at home against one of your biggest rivals.

Disappointing.

• Advertisement

Imagine Liverpool knock Chelsea out of top 4 and city beat them in CL final! Such a promising finish to yeh season for them could be a Knight mare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Most of the team look like they’re on their holidays. Like a team who know the steaks for us are non existent beyond some pride, verses a team desperate for the win.

Frustrating but not devastating.

I think Ole needs to stop playin Rashford on Rw. He’s useless there. If Pogba has displaced him at LW, then Rashford should be in the bench.

Also, a good example of why, for all the flack he gets, we miss Maguire massively in terms of organisation.

Not just his organisation but his ability to play out from the back. He's one of the best defenders around at it in my opinion.

Frustrating performance all told. Felt more that we were our own worst enemy than Liverpool playing particularly well. Saying that, I thought Fred and McTominay were thoroughly outplayed by Firminho and Thiago in particular. I'd say Fred will be getting it from Ole in the changing room. He was shocking.

A holding midfielder should be our number 1 priority in the summer as I think it fixes a lot of problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I’m absolutely fuming after watching that match……. Is something I should be saying but it was so comical that I’m just laughing at how crap we were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Drumpot wrote: »
    Imagine Liverpool knock Chelsea out of top 4 and city beat them in CL final! Such a promising finish to yeh season for them could be a Knight mare.

And lose to Leicester in the Cup final, couldn't say I'd be devastated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

We're a long way,from challenging for major trophies.

I'd make the argument we need 2 midfielders in the summer. We can't control the midfield at all. McT and Fred are nowhere near good enough, especially as they both essentially attempt to do the job of 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

For the love of God a new #6 please. Quite a show McFred put on today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,996 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Bret Hart wrote: »
    We're a long way,from challenging for major trophies.

But we're not really, three big singings and maybe even two could have us in the shake-up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

GSPfan wrote: »
    I’m absolutely fuming after watching that match……. Is something I should be saying but it was so comical that I’m just laughing at how crap we were.

Another one of those nights where we our own worst enemy. Two from set pieces again. We never learn.

°°°°°

I'd make the argument we need 2 midfielders in the summer. We can't control the midfield at all. McT and Fred are nowhere near good enough, especially as they both essentially attempt to do the job of 1.

A centre back, a winger and a top class forward are desperately needed.

That and a taxi for Martial. The only thing that would have made tonight worse would have been watching Martial flopping around up front.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,168 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Some of those lads need a reality check.

The only thing these league games are is auditions to nail down a place in the EL team.

Some seem to be trying to play themselves out of that team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I just hope Leicester keep their place in the CL spots. Be funny seeing either Liverpool or Chelsea suffer the EL.

Dozyart wrote: »
    For what it's worth some have been saying it all along,I think he is a good keeper but not a Utd No1!

I’ve thought Joe Hart 2, prob unfairly as I judged him after two games and just felt he had that over arrogant feel of a keeper who is nowhere near as good as their ego promises.

He’s been an ok keeper. I don’t feel he’s a top class GK, not so sure he’s an upgrade of DDG, because everybody made so much of his mistakes , why does Henderson get a pass? Hes only played so many games and I can rememeber moments that were less then steller.

I support Ole playing him the second half of the season as it’s better we found out this season. The best I can say is that I’m none the wiser on Henderson. Don’t see the kind of top quality we would want in a Keeper, maybe he will improve but jury’s still out for me. I’d still rather try and get that Italian GK for free but I know he’s prob not coming for numerous reasons, priorities in other positions for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

It's nice being good again

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I actually dont know what to say about that performance tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Iago wrote: »

United fans have become ridiculously reactive, in line with the board I suppose though.

Suddenly sign Pogba to a 5 year deal, not give a new keeper a chance over more than 15 games despite the stats showing he is playing miles better than the previous incumbent, Rashford should be dropped rather than you know, playing him in his best position, Ole is in or out on a game by game basis, is there anything I've forgotten?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭billyhead

McFred were like the chuckle brothers in midfield. We need to sign a quality DM in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Henderson, who’s one definite better aspect of his game over De Gea is his decision to leave his line early, inexplicably stays on his line and makes Salahs finish easy.

I’m gutted by that defeat. More the manner of it than the result itself. I know Liverpool had more to play for but jaysus, two rookie centre halves and they were rarely troubled.

Same old mistakes happening again. Trying to play out from the back, set pieces etc. Lie how many times can Ole come out and say they are bad goals to concede? Who is coaching the defensive side of the game? Also the amount of times we can give the ball away needlessly is truly shocking.

I know Fred has a lot of support here on this thread and he has done a job to a point. A sort of stop gap in the team rebuilding but, I really hope he is replaced in the summer. He’s such a nothing footballer. McTominay is better than him(although both were shìte tonight).

And for the love of God Ole never, and I mean never play Rashford on the right again.

I’m sure he will brush the game off in the bigger context of things and there is that but, these are issues we have seen plenty of times before. It’s nothing new.

Maguire for sure would have improved things but I doubt he would have made any difference to the score tonight.

It’s kinda sickening to see the players put in a performance like that against Liverpool.

Dozyart wrote: »

Maybe it’s different so. I’ve been banging his drum since his early days.

He was outstanding in the youths and when sent on loan looked like a leader already.

He’s had a poor game today but I still believe he’s going to be one of the best in the world eventually.

Every keeper regardless of experience can have a mare. It’s all about not making it a common occurrence and dusting it off.

Defended De Gea for a long time and no doubt will end up doing same for Dean. It’s a tough position. Every mistake gets pressure mounted. Sure even this season De Gea was getting hounded for his mistakes.

It will be interesting how it plays out next season. Neither De Gea or Henderson will be happy with second fiddle, and both will attract a lot of attention.

I think part of the reason we gave Henderson the contract and assurance he would get game time was with Chelsea sniffing around last season.

Anyway big decisions to come with who we go with. As much as I like Henderson, De Gea deserves to start the Europa League. Hope Ole let’s him see that out.

I’ve thought Joe Hart 2, prob unfairly as I judged him after two games and just felt he had that over arrogant feel of a keeper who is nowhere near as good as their ego promises.

Whats worse is Henderson has said his idol growing up was Joe Hart :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement