Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer/Gossip 23/24 - [New Thread Available]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Fred seasons over.

Every cloud.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Fred seasons over.

Hes been doing his best to play himself out of contention for the EL final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

What is the point in that sub?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭twinex

Who's the best (old fashioned) midfielder in the world?
    And how do we get him?

°°°°°

paulbok wrote: »
    Donny to the rescue

Chasing a goal in the last few minutes against relegated Fulham at home and we have Donny coming on for our in form striker leaving us with Rashford up front.

Some return for fans to the ground.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

The last 3 or 4 games don't bode well for the final, these boys look checked out. Considering there is nothing really riding on the EL as we are in the CL anyway, it could be an embarrassing night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Nothing created since they scored. Conceded off the same problems. Ole and the coaches are terrible coaches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,306 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

The last 3 or 4 games don't bode well for the final, these boys look checked out. Considering there is nothing really riding on the EL as we are in the CL anyway, it could be an embarrassing night.

I agree with everything you say but if United players can’t get psyched up for a final, even if ‘just’ the Europa League, what hope do we have for next season.

Even with fans in the stadium, this is the best they can muster up. Pretty pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,310 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

28 goals conceded at Old Trafford in the league this season, the most in a season since 1962-63.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Our current form and performances are terrible. I have very little faith in this team showing up in the final with no momentum behind them. Even with fans back they don't look particularly fired up. They've checked out of the league altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,306 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Amad has done well since he’s come on I felt.

Lots of energy.

Pogba, Fred and Shaw have completely checked out the last week or so.

Rashford is completely bolloxed last few months.

They're relegated and they're still time wasting. Whats the point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Acosta

For me a quality defensive midfielder and centre back should be the priority in the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

How did he not add on some time after booking the keeper for wasting time??

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

What is the point of booking the keeper for time wasting and not adding on any time?

The hell?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

What is the point of booking the keeper for time wasting and not adding on any time?

The hell?

Sure we didn’t look like creating anything even with another 5 minutes.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,697 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Our worst home record since we were relegated in 1973/4. Lost 1 in 3 games that season (7 in 21 matches) and the same ratio this season....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I know it’s a nothing game but how on earth are you going to yellow card someone for time wasting and then not add anymore time to the added amount?

Baffling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Acosta wrote: »
    For me a quality defensive midfielder and centre back should be the priority in the summer

Defensive midfielder, centre half, right forward and a cf and we should be good for second again next year.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Thank **** that ref is retiring from the field

God ****ing riddens

Fulham wasting time during added on time and yet he whistles on the 4th added minute

I agree with everything you say but if United players can’t get psyched up for a final, even if ‘just’ the Europa League, what hope do we have for next season.

Even with fans in the stadium, this is the best they can muster up. Pretty pathetic.

Our hope for next season will be qualification for top 4.

City will be City.

Chelsea have a decent manager and a cracking squad.

Liverpool should have most / all of their first 11 back.

That's the top 3 imo, order tbc.

After that there's us, Spurs, Leicester scrapping it out for 4th.

Unless we get serious investment in the summer then 4th place will be the best we can realistically hope for.

I know league is all but done but my word were sluggish over the finish. Very worrying with a cup final to end our season.

Need to get back on form against Wolves.

°°°°°

Dreadful performance.

Since we made the Europa league final we've been on the beach.

Similar to us going top of the league in December, these players think they've achieved something when they haven't.

Not sure where a performance is coming from against Wolves, we need others doing is favours to finish second.

Let's hope Leicester are hungover from the cup final and Chelsea put a few past them.

Not looking forward to next Wednesday on this evidence we'll be having another poor performance against a team in yellow.

Cavani's goal was too good for that game or that team.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭ngunners

Season ending with a whimper unfortunately.

°°°°°

ngunners wrote: »
    Season ending with a whimper unfortunately.

Players burnt out again. Same as last season.

Solksjaer spent long enough sitting on the subs bench that you'd think he'd know what it's for.

Glazers Out!

The fact that 34 year old Cavani was probably our most energetic player this evening tells you all you need to know. PP seems to have reverted back to the mean, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

I’m worried about that performance. We are playing really poorly. Back 4 were way too deep. More worried about them than us dictating.

Shaw very weak in the tackle for the goal and Wan Bissaka again with the positioning. He’s not good enough in my opinion. He’s a weak link with the ball too.

Maguire is a really big loss. I’d be very worried about Villareal with the way we’re playing at the minute.

°°°°°

I’m worried about that performance. We are playing really poorly. Back 4 were way too deep. More worried about them than us dictating.

Shaw very weak in the tackle for the goal and Wan Bissaka again with the positioning. He’s not good enough in my opinion. He’s a weak link with the ball too.

Maguire is a really big loss. I’d be very worried about Villareal with the way we’re playing at the minute.

Our defence is like an onion...

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Very weak performance and Fulham could have won it really.

If Utd finish 2nd and win the Europa League I could see summer panning out disasterously. Honestly wouldn't be shocked to see very very little money spent.

Nothing would surprise me with the Glazers.

°°°°°

Quandary wrote: »

If Utd finish 2nd and win the Europa League I could see summer panning out disasterously. Honestly wouldn't be shocked to see very very little money spent.

If we lose out on second and lose the final that should be sacking territory for any manager in todays game.

We'll just shrug it off, buy the wrong players again in the summer and struggle for top 4 next season.

Manchester United, where simple lessons are seemingly never learned.

We got to the top of the table this season and switched off. One milestone reached and the players gave up.

We finally get past the semi final stage of a cup competition and the same thing happens.

There's something very wrong at United these days.

Glazers Out!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I know league is all but done but my word were sluggish over the finish. Very worrying with a cup final to end our season.

Need to get back on form against Wolves.
    The team against Wolves will be similar to the one that played Leicester last week. I doubt we'll get better than a draw.

You just have to hope their minds are on the final and they'll pick it up next Wednesday. I'm not confident though.

2 wins in the last 7. Thats horrendous form. 3rd season in a row where we seem to be burning out in the final weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,265 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

nullzero wrote: »
    Our defence is like an onion...

complicated layers that need peeling that most teams cannot do? :pac:

°°°°°

complicated layers that need peeling that most teams cannot do? :pac:

Less layers and more tears...

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Jaysus that was brutal. A win tonight cemented 2nd place. Playing a relegated team. Crowd back in. Not too much of an ask?

Some truly horrific performances. Shaw has been diabolical the last two games as has Pogba.

Bruno seems to be over indulging himself now instead of doing the right thing. Really drove me mad tonight. Someone needs a word with him.

Fred.

The chances were there to put the game to bed. 1 point from 3 successive home games. That’s shambolic. It also means we need a result at the weekend to guarantee 2nd place. It’s obviously a horrible run of form going into the final.

I hope Ole sows it into them but I doubt he will to be honest.

A special word for the ref. Goalie wastes a minute at the end and Mason rightly stops the game to book him for it and then blows right on the minimum 4 minutes. Utterly bizarre.

I’m absolutely disgusted with the players, the manager and the coaches with this end to the season.

Also wtf was Ole doing taking off Cavani and bringing on VDB when we are drawing at home to a relegated team with 5 minutes to go.

I’m sick of getting my hopes up with this bunch. I’m sick of watching them putting in performances like that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

EZag6rF.jpg?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I know it’s a nothing game but how on earth are you going to yellow card someone for time wasting and then not add anymore time to the added amount?

Baffling.

I didn’t think it was a nothing game. A chance to cement second place. Have the luxury of a nothing game at the weekend before the final if we won.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    EZag6rF.jpg?1

Guess we know what Paul was focused on during the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

pjohnson wrote: »
    Guess we know what Paul was focused on during the match.

What does that even mean?

Anyway, if you think Pogba was the problem in that game you're mistaken. That entire performance stemmed from the back 4 being really bad with and without the ball. Pogba the easy target as usual though.

• Advertisement

Quandary wrote: »

If we finished 3rd and lost the Europa league I can’t see the summer going any better tbh.

We’ve had worse and better seasons and it doesn’t seem to impact the summer that much in my memory.

What does that even mean?

Anyway, if you think Pogba was the problem in that game you're mistaken. That entire performance stemmed from the back 4 being really bad with and without the ball. Pogba the easy target as usual though.

No. Pogba is the one in the photo however, you may notice if you look closely.

The full backs were shíte as were Fred and Pogba. None of those four should be parading around after those performances tonight. Should just try to leave quietly and not draw more attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

There’s a lot wrong with the last three games that’s been fairly miserable but I’m gonna try and find a positive. Team effectively achieved its goal 2 weeks ago. 4 games in short succession and a final where nobody wants to get injured is not ideal. Kind of like how Liverpool’s form went off a cliff last season when we returned from first lockdown, it does happen to teams.

Maybe a capitulation like this helps Ole when trying to show the glazers areas we need improving. In a weird way this could be the best thing (sadly) for United fans to see more intentions from owners.

I’m not saying I’m happy but I don’t really care to be honest. Finishing a few points closer to city and comfortably second won’t change the ability of this squad. I expect a Liverpool rebound next season and whether we finished on 80 or 70 points I wouldn’t of felt this squad would finish ahead of pool next season.

What a goal, gonna just enjoy that, different class.

Don’t care about wolves game once they win the Europa. Hope he plays a B team against wolves and they all get a run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

More expected ****e really.

Obviously AWB and Shaw have got their criticism for the goal, AWB deserves the least I thought actually in the whole? Must watch it back but he does seem to have tracked the man he was with whereas Greenwood hasn't followed their wing back at all, left him have a free run up the line and a free header.

All poor enough though, stuttering to a finish with dirt tactics and dirt performances, our glorious ceiling. You can't just switch it on and off, this isn't the momentum you want to be taking into a final.

Edit: how many points are we better off this season compared to last now actually?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭TRC10

Terrible performance. Started well but decided to just decided to stop playing after we went 1 up. Not the first time we've done that this season.

Even if we lose 2nd place and lose the Europa League, Ole's job won't come under threat. He's got top 4 which is all the Glazers want.

Woodward might get Sancho for his C.V. because he's a big name, but I can't see us investing in what we actually need (CB and CDM).

Top 4 and maybe the odd cup is the best we're going to get under the current owners.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Edit: how many points are we better off this season compared to last now actually?
    5. Finished with 66 last season. Currently on 71.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Another run of poor form. It's a pattern all throughout Ole's time. He has like 2 periods of really poor form each season that kills us.

1 month ago we beat Burnley.

Since then we've gone DWWLLLD. 2 wins in 7.

We should be coasting into a Europa league final but I think there'll be real pressure now even though I still think we'll beat them comfortably.

I don't think Ole is the man to take us back to the top. I read online about progress, he took over a squad of players that finished 2nd with 81 points a few months previous, spends several hundred million to improve it and we're worse than we were.

41 goals conceded, really really poor record. We conceded 28 in Mourinhos last season..

Even the goals scored isn't that much better. If you take away the freak 9 goals scored v Southampton, Mourinho edges the goals per game average.

Liverpool have had a stinker of a season, horrible injury record. They lost 6 from 7 from February to March, including 5 home games in a row, yet they could well finish just 5 points behind us at the end of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭TRC10

Honestly think a RW+CDM would be better. We are anaemic on the right and teams know it too. Adding Sancho while having shaw/pogba from the left makes that side scary going forward. I dont think Lindelof is as bad as some do personally think if a cdm is brought in it'll improve things at the back as a result

We need all 3. And any club with competent recruitment would get all 3. But we all know we aren't getting all 3.

2 of them is the best we can hope for. Sancho is such a Woodward signing. He's a big name and he'll appease many factions of the fanbase. We'll no doubt get absolutely rinsed by Dortmund as we always do. But I honestly think CB and CDM are the most important.

Could our right side be stronger? Yes. But I think there's enough goals in the team, without us buying more attackers.

The incompetence of McFred is there for all to see. Every good team needs a good no.6. Fabinho transformed Liverpool.

I like Lindelof. He is a good CB and a very intelligent footballer. But he gets bullied to easily and is not good enough in the air. And lets be real, Maguire and Lindelof isn't a pairing that can challenge for titles.

I genuinely feel for Ole. He has his limitations yes. But he's expected to challenge for league titles with only enough backing for a top 4 finish. If Pep needed a RW, CB and CDM, he'd probably have 2 of each within a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Pussyhands wrote: »

Liverpool have had a stinker of a season, horrible injury record. They lost 6 from 7 from February to March, including 5 home games in a row, yet they could well finish just 5 points behind us at the end of it all.

or 2, if they win both games and Utd lose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

More expected ****e really.

Obviously AWB and Shaw have got their criticism for the goal, AWB deserves the least I thought actually in the whole? Must watch it back but he does seem to have tracked the man he was with whereas Greenwood hasn't followed their wing back at all, left him have a free run up the line and a free header.
    Agree with this. I think in this particular instance it's harsh to look at AWBs decision making at the end of the move and chalk it down to an individual error.

Errors and decisions by 4 or 5 others, Fulham's tactical approach and a bit of good play by them are all equally responsible in leading to AWB not being at the back post in that moment.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement