Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid

Options
  • 19-04-2021 3:02pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

How has Covid been in your country?
    Do you miss Ireland more?
    We went home at Christmas 2019 and have not been home or seen our irish family and friends since.
    I can not wait to go home and eat irish chips and chinese with my friends. I have missed so many births and a death and although I do not get homesick as Ireland is not my home now I am longing for a trip home .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm in the UAE so I've been in a country that has handled it very well.
    My work was severely affected so I had the time to go home for Christmas. It was much needed as I had a couple of deaths I didn't get home for.
    However, it was pretty miserable as everyone knew there was another lockdown coming. I was happy to come back out to the sun and some normality even though I was taking a massive risk having no confirmed work. It paid off though!

I'm just grateful to have been able to give my parents a hug. That's all I wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Timmyr

Moonbeam wrote: »
    How has Covid been in your country?
    Do you miss Ireland more?
    We went home at Christmas 2019 and have not been home or seen our irish family and friends since.
    I can not wait to go home and eat irish chips and chinese with my friends. I have missed so many births and a death and although I do not get homesick as Ireland is not my home now I am longing for a trip home .

Its for the most part been life as usual, except for the short lockdown early last year
    I don't miss Ireland, hate the place. But I do miss my family
    Same, New Zealand is my home, but a trip to Ireland to see family would be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭NSAman

Haven’t seen most of the family since august 2019 although I had a brief trip to see mam at Christmas 2019.

USA is home at the moment. Beginning not to feel like home at all. Miss my friends and family at home immensely. Itching to jump on a plane right now, but all family are not vaccinated yet.

What I find more hurtful (especially in the last year and a half ) is family passing. We have lost three family members and that hurts a lot when you cannot be there to share it. Whatever Ireland is to anyone, we know how to celebrate death properly.

Have missed engagements, births and have yet to see two nephews. The longer I am away the more I miss home. While life is ok in the States, the sheer craziness of this country makes it more and more difficult to say goodbye each time I have to leave family.

Advertisement