Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship (Liam McCarthy Cup) 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Really? I thought he played full back?

You'd be right. Some experts can only see the number on their back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Daithi Burke full back.

Centre back. He was just wearing three.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

Centre back. He was just wearing three.

I haven't sky and following on the radio. Shows how much you miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Think Wexford might shade the next one for a novel Leinster final.

Can’t see anything other than a comfortable KK win.

Will Dublin win the double? Maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

Are we heading for a 2013-like year? Dublin v Clare in the final? Full house. And not a Davy in sight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Will Dublin win the double? Maybe.

In Leinster there’s a strong possibility anyway. Not a hope in hell they can win All Ireland in hurling though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Dee O Keefe should be better than that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

golfball37 wrote: »
    Can’t see anything other than a comfortable KK win.

They haven't had too many comfortable championship wins over Wexford in recent years ;)

I can't stand 'the Davy' and his victimised child routine, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

This game turning out like the first one. KK seem hell bent on goals while Wexford tapping over points at the other end.

• Advertisement

Kilkenny should have three goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Massive score there for Wexford, manic defending pushed KK back 30 yards and then turned it over and a class finish from O'Connor

A Poem.

Rory O'Connor is going to town on Conor Browne.

Soft free for Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭letowski

Wexford’s movement is very impressive. Kilkenny aren’t getting tight on Wexford at all. Cody won’t like how things are going so far.

Cody up to old tricks - standing on the field - taking up puck out space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

formerlyET wrote: »
    Cody up to old tricks - standing on the field - taking up puck out space.

Kilkenny up to their old tricks in general with a few dirty hits and loose hurls.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Adelman of Beamfleot

Just the two instances so far of Wexford up to their usual diving/feigning injury in the hope of getting opponents sent off

Kilkenny woeful in attack. Fluffing goal chances for sport. Pathetic effort just there.

Kilkenny up to their old tricks in general with a few dirty hits and loose hurls.

:rolleyes: Wexford lads rolling around crying looking to get KK players in trouble. They know well what they're at.

• Advertisement

Liam Ryan with his customary yellow card

Just the two instances so far of Wexford up to their usual diving/feigning injury in the hope of getting opponents sent off

Yeah because a deliberate shoulder into the chest when the ball is off-loaded is feigning injury.

Fantastic point from Cody there! Great game, end to end stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

It's weird as both teams are trying but it doesn't feel like a Championship match even at this stage

Said this about the earlier game but this game is really Championship!

I love when the ref allows a good level of physicality. Adds so much to the enjoyment of the game.

Good game this is, championship hurling.

Rory O'Connor is one of the best I have ever seen at popping over points from the sideline.

Some player to watch when in form.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

How did wexford get that free was the Kilkenny man now been held back also 6 of 1 I thought

letowski wrote: »
    I love when the ref allows a good level of physicality. Adds so much to the enjoyment of the game.

Good game this is, championship hurling.

Not usually a huge fan of Horgan but he has been outstanding in that first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭conor05

Wexford v Kilkenny lately really do bring the best out of championship hurling.

The intensity in the tackle and standard of fielding is miles ahead of the first match.

• Advertisement

Wexford's tactics are a bit mad, aren't they? Maybe, it's fun to play, but leaving yourself open at the back like that...christ.

How did wexford get that free was the Kilkenny man now been held back also 6 of 1 I thought

Getting a lot of soft frees mainly due to their play acting in the tackle. Ref being fooled.

Yeah because a deliberate shoulder into the chest when the ball is off-loaded is feigning injury.

O'Keefe, who is notorious for this, dived to the ground trying to get Mullen sent off when Mullen pushed him in the chest.

Later O'Connor, after thinking for a second or two about which arm to pretend was hit, decided to go down holding his arm after Leahy struck his hurley, earning Leahy a yellow

Overall just more of what we've come to expect from Wexford

O'Keefe, who is notorious for this, dived to the ground trying to get Mullen sent off when Mullen pushed him in the chest.

Later O'Connor, after thinking for a second or two about which arm to pretend was hit, decided to go down holding his arm after Leahy struck his hurley, earning Leahy a yellow

Don't mention my example sure, when it was clearly the dirtiest 'challenge' of the game.

Regardless of O’Connor going down or not.

Leahy wasn’t near the ball and struck his arm, what part of the yellow card is confusing you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Swaine wrote: »
    Getting a lot of soft frees mainly due to their play acting in the tackle. Ref being fooled.

In fairness when I saw it again the Kilkennys man arm went by the neck so maybe that was why but still thought it was both

• Advertisement

conor05 wrote: »
    Regardless of O’Connor going down or not.

Leahy wasn’t near the ball and struck his arm, what part of the yellow card is confusing you?

The context of the discussion is diving by Wexford players, not whether or not the resulting referees decisions were correct or not.

What is confusing is you stating "Regardless of O’Connor going down or not" in that context

Referee copping onto the Wexford lads charging into KK players then hitting the deck. Very good refereeing.

KK are hopeless in attack when Reid doesn't have the ball.

I don't get what the pay off is from Wexford's tactics - it's not bolstering their defence (KK should have a glut of goals), it's not making them more potent in front of goal. What's the pay-off?

Timely Water Break for Kilkenny.

• Advertisement

formerlyET wrote: »
    I don't get what the pay off is from Wexford's tactics - it's not bolstering their defence (KK should have a glut of goals), it's not making them more potent in front of goal. What's the pay-off?

They are destroying KK in the middle third, I would be far more inclined to questions KK tactics of just repeatedly lumping the ball long and hoping that TJ will do something special.

Wexford fella may as well have carried the ball into the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Cracking match in fairness

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Pogue eile wrote: »
    They are destroying KK in the middle third, I would be far more inclined to questions KK tactics of just repeatedly lumping the ball long and hoping that TJ will do something special.

They've left the gate open at the back I don't know how many times - particularly in the first half.
    They're tactics give them no time on the ball.
    They give the ball away in bad positions.

Cody doesn't have to do anything - they keep letting KK back in. Cody has been questioned enough. Wexford should have learned from Waterford last year. They should be more ambitious going forward. The goal they just got is there to be got against this KK full back line. They need to keep going at that full back line.

Wexford fella may as well have carried the ball into the goal.

If he didnt it would have been a peanlty and a sin bin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Cracking game...how did Liam Og get up after that..I'd be in an ambulance !!

McDonald has been very dissapointing

Few soft frees for kk combined with a few bad wides should cost wexford here big time

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Pogue eile wrote: »
    McDonald has been very dissapointing

All puff and no show today.

It’s a pity because he has had a lot of ball but wasted 90% of it.

Game set and match

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
Advertisement