Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship (Liam McCarthy Cup) 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

McGovern with a dirty stroke on Cody

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭letowski

Wexford will rue some of those missed chances it looks like

That’s embarrassing from ODonohoe

Ref doing his best for Wexford here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

That's a scam, there's no way the ball was 2 foot over the bar.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

citykat wrote: »
    Ref doing his best for Wexford here

Or just reffing the game?

Davy will be furious

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

What a fecking match

I'll never understand these tactics of Davy. So open at the back.

p.s. that co commentator is a head melter. Sounds like a cheerleader.

• Advertisement

Nash saying he never saw Hawkeye used like that before.

This happened either last year or two years ago. Maybe without the image being shown but not the first first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

That's a scam, there's no way the ball was 2 foot over the bar.

Like the 2 incidents with Brian Hogan in 2019, still not convinced that Hawkeye can judge that particular circumstance.

Umpire went straight for the white flag so must have been fairly conclusive.

Game set and match

They speak too soon, my sweet garsoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

This happened either last year or two years ago. Maybe without the image being shown but not the first first.

Happened a couple of times. Didn't one game have it where a team "scored" it wasn't given and the team went up the other end and scored. Went to Hawkeye the second score was chalked off and the original score given.

Chin deserved man of the match ahead of TJ. Outstanding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭conor05

Fitness levels will play a big part here.

Few lads look out on their feet

formerlyET wrote: »

Yeah serious fight in this wexford team in fairness.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Eoin Murphy is one lucky boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Taken from hawkeye's website

"Hawk-Eye has developed an innovative ball tracking system for the sport of hurling. The Point Detection System is a camera based system that assists officials when awarding points scored between the posts, via an audio signal relayed to the referee within seconds of the sliotar crossing the line. Hawk-Eye provides real-time imagery on the stadium's big screen of a ball's trajectory over the posts to remove any ambiguity over whether a point was scored or missed."

From my interpretation of that is that hawkeye follows the flight of the ball, not showing where it actually stopped. In the simulation it shows the flight of the ball and not where the ball stopped.

Did it happen in Tipp v Wexford All Ireland Semi, Tipp scored a goal and it was called back?

Also the goal flag umpire held his had up straight to mimic that the hurley was not passed over the crossbar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Personally I'd prefer the point wasn't given so the goal would be and wexford would win so no bias here.

But the umpire judge using his eyes from the perfect angle that it was a point. Fairly conclusive. Hawkeye agreed but the umpires decision was surely right regardless of the accuracy of the technology.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

timple23 wrote: »

"Hawk-Eye has developed an innovative ball tracking system for the sport of hurling. The Point Detection System is a camera based system that assists officials when awarding points scored between the posts, via an audio signal relayed to the referee within seconds of the sliotar crossing the line. Hawk-Eye provides real-time imagery on the stadium's big screen of a ball's trajectory over the posts to remove any ambiguity over whether a point was scored or missed."

From my interpretation of that is that hawkeye follows the flight of the ball, not showing where it actually stopped. In the simulation it shows the flight of the ball and not where the ball stopped.

Did it happen in Tipp v Wexford All Ireland Semi, Tipp scored a goal and it was called back?

Yep was the all ireland semi serious drama that day

timple23 wrote: »

Also the goal flag umpire held his had up straight to mimic that the hurley was not passed over the crossbar.

What didn't happen in that semi?

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Like the 2 incidents with Brian Hogan in 2019, still not convinced that Hawkeye can judge that particular circumstance.

Yeah seems to be a flaw with the system.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Hawkeye can’t tell if the whole of the ball was over the line only that it would have done so. A joke it’s used in these circumstances. Clearly not a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

formerlyET wrote: »

For here comes Christy Ring ;)

It's all down to heart now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

That's not a yellow. That's a red. He swung the Hurley across him as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

The exact reason the rule was brought in.

Eoin Murphy has not had a good day.

Wexford lad made a meal of that one too I'm sure

• Advertisement

Such drama. Squeezed it over the line.

Great penalty.. Goalie made a valiant attempt, but he wasn't keeping that out!

Great effort from the KK sub goalie - very unlucky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

How was that not a square ball?

Up a man and still engaging in overplay - no directness.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭conor05

Wexford and an extra man doesn’t end well.

Young Cody has the stuff.

Few years ago wexford **** themselves when they went a man up with 10 to go against tipp in the semi final. 3 points up and an extra man for 10 mins and they've let the lead slip. Chin missed an easy free to go 4 up too.

This point/not a point craic will have some legs I'd say.... Be worth watching The Sunday Game tomorrow for that alone :D

Don't think there'll be any/much time for to have that discussion on SkySp, what with the Cork-Limerick match at Start time :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Few years ago wexford **** themselves when they went a man up with 10 to go against tipp in the semi final. 3 points up and an extra man for 10 mins and they've let the lead slip. Chin missed an easy free to go 4 up too.

There was 25 minutes left and they were 5 up soon after the red with a Lee Chin goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭crossman47

golfball37 wrote: »
    Hawkeye can’t tell if the whole of the ball was over the line only that it would have done so. A joke it’s used in these circumstances. Clearly not a point.

I didn't see today but I agree the one Hogan stopped was not a point. Something wrong.

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    There was 25 minutes left and they were 5 up soon after the red with a Lee Chin goal.

My mistake but they should never be losing a game like that. Same as today they should be stretching their lead with the extra man not losing it.

Bench the difference in the end

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Well, that's curtains for Wexford now...

Absolute bottlers. They don't have it mentally. The second they got that goal and went a man up the game was lost because they thought they had it won.

• Advertisement

Twas all about heart at this stage - and, Wexford came up short. But I just can't get my head around Davy's approach to the game. So negative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭Rosita

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Absolute bottlers. They don't have it mentally. The second they got that goal and went a man up the game was lost because they thought they had it won.

Sport must be last realm where mental health/strength can be effectively cited as a reason for a defeat. Not sport's greatest influence I would suggest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

1-6 to no score in second half of extra time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Wexford dead on their feet second half of ET lads down with cramp every where. Gave it everything. Great game well done kilkenny

The Wexford lads ran themselves into the ground. Both squads did so for their managers - gave everything.

But there's nothing like running the ball as a tactic to catch up to players and produce injuries.

You can't outrun the ball, Davy.

The KK lads used the ball better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement