Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Journal updated news article, original comments

Options
  • 19-04-2021 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Is it just me that finds it in bad taste how the journal updates an article instead of creating a new report and you still see original comments?

Especially in regards to a story where someone has lost their lives. For instance earlier today an article told us of a major search for a missing trail runner. Underneath were comments hoping for a positive outcome.

Later tonight we learn of the news that a body has been recovered. The journal just changes the article, so now on an article of a body being found, the top comment is something like 'hope she is found safe'.

I think this is very insensitive by the journal. And not very professional. They seem to do it a lot on political posts but I find it in bad taste when it is on a report of a death.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,599 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Everything about the journal is in bad taste.

Being seen with it open on your phone is the modern equivelant of someone going about with a copy of the Sun under their arm.

I do think the Journal serves a purpose. There's some fine young journalists working there. You need to ignore the comments and the outrage articles. Which they need to survive, unfortunately. People have just come around to this idea that you can get your news for free, and that somehow it's being paid for by some benevolent 'other' up there in the cloud.

I'm liking what The Currency proposition is offering at the moment, and would like to see more of that type of stuff. We have to pay for it though. It's extremely good value when viewed as a society and not as an individual.

Us old Blueshirts still believe in journalism, and a properly funded State broadcaster. How did we become the voice of the centre-left all of a sudden? :D

Advertisement