Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania Backlash 2021 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Utter bull****

• Registered Users Posts: 38,449 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

First ever father and son tag team champions

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Mysterios win. Shame that Michael Cole was on the call. Rey, dolph, Bobby and Jessika Carr the ref. Good stuff. Three veteran people and Dominic.

Da ****

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Had this on in the background and just seen a room full of zombies. Wtf is going on with this show, how is it this bad.

• Advertisement

Not sure if this is clever or dumb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

All that just for batista

Money in the bank must be moved to later in the year or perhaps its going to be part of summerslam

Oof. That lumber zombie match is up there with yeti and RoboCop bad.

Embarrassing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Jesus, just caught the clip of the ending of that Lumberjack match, sell this **** to Disney and be done with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jesus, just caught the clip of the ending of that Lumberjack match, sell this **** to Disney and be done with it.

Yeah rough as a badgers ball sack. The Bianca vs bayley match has been okay though.

What's not to like here 3 beefy behemoths

Pure heavyweight wrestling

I'm guessing it will be Bobby vs Drew vs Braun rematch in hell in a cell

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Very good PPV, with all bar one matching getting the time to tell their story.. Less said bout Miz/Priest the better..

Cesaro made look a million bucks in the Main Event, and seems to be out of the title pic again for now, hopefully returns to win the strap at SummerSlam

The 3 big men really delivered also - some amazing spots in the match.

Real feel good moment for Mysterio’s also - would have been a great reaction in front of a crowd I’d suspect..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

That zombie stuff is too low-hanging fruit to even enjoy taking the pi*s out of. The sports entertainment company is at an all-time creative low, so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

That zombie stuff is too low-hanging fruit to even enjoy taking the pi*s out of. The sports entertainment company is at an all-time creative low, so bad.

The AEW Blood and Guts match set the industry back 30 years apparently.....

ZOMBIIIIIEEEESSSS!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

They should have just leaned into it if they were doing the promotional stuff for Big Dave rather than springing it on everyone like some sort of surprise. Daft idea though I must admit I suppressed a few giggles :D

Card actually wasn't that bad that match aside. It's hard to care about the RAW titles but Lashley Strowman and McIntyre put on a good bout tbf to them.

Bianca is class in the ring, suffers from the same disease as all faces in WWE though in coming across as robotic outside it.

Reigns and Cesaro was great. I'm happy with the result as it's too soon I think for Cesaro coming off Mania? A blow off Hell in a Cell match with Rollins with Cesaro going over then potentially winning MITB would be the way to go. Leading to a Summerslam cash in would be my preference for him finally getting the title.

The rest was grand. I don't care about the tag team titles sadly because they're ruined by WWE so Rey and Dominic winning them makes no difference to me. The women's triple threat went exactly how people were predicting with Asuka taking the pin.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Zombies... f'cking zombies....

This is worse than Robocop and Chucky in wCw. And to think Vince used to laugh at that stuff.

This was fine it they wanted to play it off as an ad, like the KFC stuff they used to do but they played it off as a competitive match and even put over the fact Zombies were real.

I know they're high on Priest at the moment but my god they are putting him in sh!t program after sh!t program.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So did they just kill off Miz and Morrison?

Good job Drew didn't get to pin Braun since he was up right away after the Claymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

I did say we shouldnt talk about the Zombies, but the fact everyone is, the Batisia’s film people will be happy!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

daithi1989 wrote: »
    the Batisia’s film people will be happy!

Just because I'm talking about it here doesn't mean I'll watch it on Netflix, available to stream May 21st.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

When better to go all in on zombies than the middle of May? No one will see that coming. (Like one of the ninja zombies in Walking Dead)
    Also goes to show the commentary team doesn't have a brain between them when the zombies have no interest in them

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Ask yourself though, would anyone at Disney even want to be associated with this ****?

What purpose would it serve them? They aren't exactly short of their own stuff anyways.

Really enjoyed the Romam vs Cesaro match last

• Registered Users Posts: 86,709 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Zombies should have done Thriller dance

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the Romam vs Cesaro match last

In fairness it was a good match made Cesaro look like a million dollars and as someone else said the logically things to do now is have Cesaro finish his feud with Rollins at HITC and then move on and beat Reigns at Summerslam in front of a live crowd.

Do I trust WWE to execute this. Absolutely not.

Miz deserves to be back in the Raw world title hunt imho all he does for WWE, add JoMo too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Saw this stated on another forum and it's spot on:

"Peacock have a paid a billion dollars to broadcast an extended commercial for a Netflix movie."

Saw this stated on another forum and it's spot on:

"Peacock have a paid a billion dollars to broadcast an extended commercial for a Netflix movie."

Hasn't Batista said he done for good with wrestling but is anyone ever done for good completely, he is fairing well in the movies

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Loughc wrote: »
    In fairness it was a good match made Cesaro look like a million dollars and as someone else said the logically things to do now is have Cesaro finish his feud with Rollins at HITC and then move on and beat Reigns at Summerslam in front of a live crowd.

Do I trust WWE to execute this. Absolutely not.

It actually writes itself the way the PPVs are set.

Cesaro Rollins blow off match at HITC

MITB the following month, Cesaro wins

The next night he states he's cashing in on Roman at Summerslam

Simple and effective.

Wait now and see Dominik Mysterio randomly win MITB :pac:

Advertisement