Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania Backlash 2021 *Spoilers*

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Alright here we go.

I did not like this show. I liked Wrestlemania a lot, Fastlane was meh, Elimination Chamber pretty good, Royal Rumble grand but this was unfortunately bad.

Asuka/Rhea/Charlotte opener was pretty good though it did have every WWE Triple Threat trope imaginable except for the tower of doom (teased). The finish looked ridiculous with Charlotte slipping (?) off the apron after kicking Asuka allowing Rhea to hit the Riptide to win. ***1/4

Dirty Dawgs/Mysterios managed to bore me literally to tears. How long did this go? I think around 20 minutes, it felt double that. Whoever wrote 20 minutes on the runsheet beside this match should be standing trial in the Hague. It just kept going, long boring heat spots, Dominic doing the run in, he's awful, and the splash at the end looked awful. Dreary. **

Miz/Priest I have little to say. It speaks for itself. In a year where WWE main roster has banged out more dud matches than ****1/2+ matches this didn't feel out of place. Cringe to the extreme. Embarrassing to watch. I watched the UFC show the night before which the Snyder movie also sponsored and weirdly enough after Tony Ferguson lost no zombies ate him alive but I guess WWE is fair game. But this genuinely might not even crack the top 5 worst WWE matches of the year. DUD

Bianca/Bayley was pretty good but impossible to get into after the sour taste of the last match. They had some chemistry issues and a botched finish too. ***

Raw Title Triple Threat had action at least, things were happening. The Lashley LED board spot is another overdone WWE trope that is cringe and needs to go away. Braun the fall guy. Yamato is the only almighty I recognise. ***1/2

Reigns/Cesaro was excellent and the only thing worth going out of your way to see. Slow first third but it heated up in the middle portion, strong storytelling but the layout of this and the finish tells you everything you need to know about what they think of Cesaro, in case you missed the last 10 years (they didn't even give him the F*** finish even though it made sense in the story) presented as a total underdog, lost clean in the middle. The show ending with Rollins doing a beatdown was a damp squib in an altogether bad show. **** for the match though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That tower of doom/double suplex made Asuka look foolish, I thought. I was just thinking she's smarter than that and should just wait for Rhea to do the suplex and go for the pin or submission while both are recovering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Loughc wrote: »
    In fairness it was a good match made Cesaro look like a million dollars and as someone else said the logically things to do now is have Cesaro finish his feud with Rollins at HITC and then move on and beat Reigns at Summerslam in front of a live crowd.

Do I trust WWE to execute this. Absolutely not.

Cesaro is not the guy to beat reigns so everyone may as well start tempering their expectations. Will he challenge him again? Sure. Will it be a good match? Definitely. Will he win? No.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cesaro is not the guy to beat reigns so everyone may as well start tempering their expectations. Will he challenge him again? Sure. Will it be a good match? Definitely. Will he win? No.

Why? Who would you choose?

He is their most over face imho on SD with DB gone and KO back to midcard

Reigns and Rollins are excelling as heels

I'd like to see Sami and Roode pushed

The Usos are likely to get singles pushs, tbf Jey definitely deserves

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Watched Backlash with a colleague yesterday after work. He doesn't follow wrestling at all however went Cesaro came out for the title he remarked he looks like the default create a wrestler in a smackdown game.

Then said Reigns is what you turn you create a wrestler into.

Found it funny, but I looked for any humour in life after the utter embarrament of that zombie stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I love Cesaro, but hes not the guy to beat Reigns. He just hasnt the personality to be the guy. In ring, yeah hes great but hes upper mid carder at best, he's not main event level guy who can carry the weekly shows as Champ.

I would love to be wrong.

That Zombie match was all sorts of wrestlecrap..... I didnt hate it. Its crap, but I thought it was so hilariously bad that I couldnt hate it.

Advertisement