Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toyota BZ4x

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MarkK1986

Hi,

My car dealership has informed me that they are having difficulty registering my EV (Toyota BZ4X) with revenue and that they are being prevented from doing so. No clear indication on what the issue is though.

Anyone else experienced the same this week that may be able to shed more light?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

No, plenty of them registered already too.

Looks like the wheels are falling off at that dealership

"Apparently" the issue only happened this week so some may have been registered beforehand. "Wheels falling off" is the right description though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

There's probably one person who has the account to register cars and they're on holiday

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Geoff845

No EV's can be registered in the country at the moment, its all brands

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

It's a general issue that seems to be only reported by BZ4x purchasers? I suspect it's just a wait on the correct codes to be added for the model in the motor tax database.

Don't think thats the case unless the codes have changed from what they were - there are some BZ4x already on the roads

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Until we get reports from other brands, I'm going to say the issue is between Toyota and Revenue, this happens on pretty much every new model release. Different options have a different code, so it could be as simple as the cars matching the demo models are registerable, but customer orders need to be added to the system.

• Advertisement

I've had nothing but delay after delay, excuse after excuse with this dealership and they've had my deposit since March. I'm aware that the same cars have already been registered from this dealership too. The customer service from Toyota in general has been absolutely shocking since after the deposit was put down. Maybe it is revenues issue but at least some communication as to what's happening isn't too much to ask. Beyond frustrating at this point

I understand how it can be very frustrating especially with this model due to hardware issues with they had. Keep strong, you'll get the car soon and it will all be behind you. Often the dealers don't know much more than we do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭society4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I know my local KIA dealer has a lot of new cars at the premises. Not sure how many are electric. But if they are all for Janurary reg then he is going to have a very busy Janurary.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Collecting it this morning, 8 months later!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

• Advertisement
    Ms

I see my neighbour down a few houses and on the opposite side of the estate to me as got one in grey. Changed from a Rav-4 Hybrid. I went down to have a quick look. It's looks very classy from the side. It's grey and not a bad colour for it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭vimalandrew

My dealer said, its not grey. Its called 'precious metal'. I found that all have booked this color and so I tried t ochange mine to blue or red. But at this stage it is not possible.

I was told that my shipment from Tokyo will start on December and will arrive at Dublin on March. Does anyybody have any update. There is a chance that after few weeks they would say that barge sink in the ocean and all the cars were lost.

Ms

My dealer said, its not grey. Its called 'precious metal'. I found that all have booked this color and so I tried t ochange mine to blue or red. But at this stage it is not possible.

Awe very good. Maybe that is it.

Maybe you will have better look in March maybe someone else will want to change to the colour you booked and vice versa.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭eagerv

Saw one in Waterford this morning, was on a busy roundabout so didn't get a chance to take a pic. Was white with Port of Waterford on the sides. They mist be moving away from their Leafs. Looked well on the road..

Advertisement