Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pure telecom- Fritz 7530 or f2000

Options
  • 20-04-2021 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Just wondering what people would go for if joining pure. The f2000 or fritzbox 7530. Just signed up and they sent me both. Fritz first and then the f2000. Looking for me to return the Fritz as apparently phone is not possible with this. Is this correct?
    I am about to start their 500mb package with landline. Landline would be handy but not essential.
    What would people recommend if Fritz can't handle phone line.....keep it as it's significantly better or the f2000 is perfectly adequate with family use of up to 10/12 devices attached.
    WiFi range probably the bigger issue than speed I think for ourselves....
    TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Fritzbox hands down, I was very surprised by the quality and the interface is a joy to use

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Cyloncity

kingtiger wrote: »
    Fritzbox hands down, I was very surprised by the quality and the interface is a joy to use

Thanks for that. Do you know if it can support landline?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Cyloncity wrote: »

I would say so, they have a dedicated section on the interface for Telephony

But I only have broadband so haven't touched that option ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Just to piggyback onto this thread

Have an engineer appointment to connect up 500Mb fibre next week, what does the actual business end of the connection look like, I'm just wondering as I received a Fritz!Box 7530 but the box says DSL up to 300Mbit/s should it say fibre somewhere or does it connect via ethernet to whatever the engineer is going to install?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Just to piggyback onto this thread

Have an engineer appointment to connect up 500Mb fibre next week, what does the actual business end of the connection look like, I'm just wondering as I received a Fritz!Box 7530 but the box says DSL up to 300Mbit/s should it say fibre somewhere or does it connect via ethernet to whatever the engineer is going to install?
    They have both. It'll be installed via an Ethernet WAN port with the DSL side disabled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭markf1982

It does, I have the fritz box and phone and works flawlessly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Return the F2000. Its junk compared to the Fritzbox. I don't really follow why they say phoneline doesn't work with the Fritzbox but I can confirm it does. My sister received the F2000 first and was only getting between 25-50 meg and 3 complete failures in 2 weeks. She pushed Pure to give a Fritzbox and the minute I swapped them out the Fritzbox pulled 350-400 consistently and not a single issue since. Don't accept the F2000 as your permanent modem. I went through 4 of them with Eir about 3 years ago too. The modem just doesn't cut it.

Thanks for the replies, I'll get on to them tomorrow and send the f2000 back.
    Is anyone coming from Vodafone gigabit to pure btw? Wondering what people's experiences are...

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I’ve had both and the Fritzbox is much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭BingCrosbee

Just wondering what people would go for if joining pure. The f2000 or fritzbox 7530. Just signed up and they sent me both. Fritz first and then the f2000. Looking for me to return the Fritz as apparently phone is not possible with this. Is this correct?
    I am about to start their 500mb package with landline. Landline would be handy but not essential.
    What would people recommend if Fritz can't handle phone line.....keep it as it's significantly better or the f2000 is perfectly adequate with family use of up to 10/12 devices attached.
    WiFi range probably the bigger issue than speed I think for ourselves....
    TIA

They will break your heart

• Advertisement

Oh dear what have I done.....
    Hopefully they've improvd😬

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

I back this up. Pure have been a nightmare for my parents also

I can honestly wholeheartedly recommend Digiweb.
    I work with networks part time, and the lads are amazing in there.

Rarely a single issue for 7 house installs I have done, solved all their random issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Pure are grand for me, no issues at all. Siro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭KaneToad

I have Pure since November last year. I was with Eir. Discount period expired with Eir and they weren't willing to budge on price.

Pure have been great for me - insofar that everything works as it should and I'm being billed appropriately. During setup/switching I found it easy enough to speak with an agent.

I'm using the fritzbox 7530. Fibre to the house. Landline works perfectly with it.

I'd have no issues recommending Pure. That said, come contract end, I'll have no qualms about dropping them if they're not competitive on price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Larry58

I joined pure, in March, was sent the F2000, but i had already asked for the

2530 Fritzbox, which they sent 2 days later, i swapped them over, sent the

F2000 back, the difference is like Night & Day, the Fritzbox is way superior,

I'm paying for 500mb, with F2000 i was getting less then 100mb wireless

download speed, with the Fritzbox I'm getting consistently between 400 to

470 wireless download speed, and the WiFi range is much better.

Thanks for the replies. So far so good with pure. No problem keeping the fritzbox and would be happy with it so far. As with all modems it seems the WiFi range is not fantastic but it certainly seems a more intuitive/featureful setup that the gigabox I had previously. Early days but a good solid start.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭scorn

Thanks for the replies. So far so good with pure. No problem keeping the fritzbox and would be happy with it so far. As with all modems it seems the WiFi range is not fantastic but it certainly seems a more intuitive/featureful setup that the gigabox I had previously. Early days but a good solid start.

And how about now? I have just received the welcome email but have read a few poor reviews on Pure. I realise it's folks with issues that write reviews and happy customers generally move on.

Are you still happy? Is the service solid and reliable? 2 working from home here so need reliability.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

ive preordered with pure also (ftth eir ifn) with RFO date of 23/6/21

am hoping no issues...with a speedy install

anyone got experience with how long from ordering with pure how long of a wait installation was?

scorn wrote: »
    And how about now? I have just received the welcome email but have read a few poor reviews on Pure. I realise it's folks with issues that write reviews and happy customers generally move on.

Are you still happy? Is the service solid and reliable? 2 working from home here so need reliability.

So couple months in and have to say happy enough with service. We got the Fritz router and it's web interface and app are pretty good. Can't complain about service at all really. We have plenty of devices that all connected no problems though as usual WiFi range seemed to be no better than the Vodafone gigabit router we had. Ended up getting tenda nova M5 mesh on special on Amazon and they are really worth it from a WiFi range point of view. Works easily with the Fritz router from pure.
    We had lightning a couple of weeks back which I think might have banjanxed our landline as the phone was randomly ringing. Ended up plugging it out. Never really use it anyway. Pure tell me it's my phone as all is ok their end. I never checked but will do
    Not that it's much use anyway but the mypure website seems extremely basic but overall no better and definitely no worse than Vodafone.
    Probably all much the same these days I guess.
    Cant say I'd go out of my way to recommend but I definitely would not stop anyone thinking of joining. Reliable so far for us.

That's good to hear, thanks for the follow-up.

I guess nothing at all matters (web interfaces/portals etc.) as long as the speed is there, and the reliability remains constant. I'm with VM at the moment, and they could not match the price even though I have been with them since NTL days. But they did say that they do have a very reliable service, to which I can attest. But FTTH must be uncontested, so can only hope Pure reliability is up to scratch. And seeing as it's in the Eir backbone if there's a problem I'd rather deal with Pure and let them deal with Eir...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

. But FTTH must be uncontested, so can only hope Pure reliability is up to scratch. And seeing as it's in the Eir backbone if there's a problem I'd rather deal with Pure and let them deal with Eir...

Just in case you are not aware .Pure uses 2 backbone/backhauls for OpenEir FTTH:
    - Eir's
    - BTIreland
    In rural areas it is almost always Eir's backhaul, as BT Ireland just not present there.
    In Dublin or other well populated areas it could be BT Ireland backhaul as it is much cheaper (and probably less reliable and with bigger chance to get sh*t speeds at peak times )

Ah - no, I wasn't aware of that... I am in Dublin (D15) so wonder which it will be. I have seen Eir recently in the area installing what I believe is a Fibre network, but again I can't be positive. Any way to know for sure?

I have requested that the transfer happen prior to 2 weeks before my VM contract ends, so I can keep an eye on the speeds. If it's not what is being promised (though I do realise their T&Cs don't make those promises) then I can cancel my VM cancellation request and use the cool off period to cancel with Pure.

I hope that it won't come to that, but thanks for the info - it means I need to monitor more closely!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

Ah - I have seen Eir recently in the area installing what I believe is a Fibre network, but again I can't be positive!

Last mile ( fibre from your house to the local exchange) don by OpenEir , no difference or issues there.
    How the traffic would travel from the exchange that is the question. It could be done by Eir all the way or by the BT Ireland .
    Speedtest.net would be the easiest way to find your backhaul.
    It would show Eir or BT Ireland as your ISP , not Pure.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭CtrlAltDelete

Digging up an old one here. I Signed up with Pure back in Nov and received the F2000 modem. I was having issues with it and they agreed to send me a Fritzbox 7530 after I suggested it. Got it and all sorted but I have now noticed that I was charged for the modem. I cannot recall if I was told at the start of the contract if the modem was included or not or is it that they have now charged me €80 for the Fritzbox which seems to be the case. I was told over the phone that there would not be a charge for swapping and they send a prepaid envelope for me to return the F2000. were any of you charged for the switch from F2000 to the Fritzbox?

Many thanks in advance.

I wasn't charged but I think I received both separately by accident when I signed up and sent back the f2000 when they sent me the prepaid envelope. Definitely didn't pay for any equipment.

Advertisement