Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Italian Cypress - Growing Advice

Options
  • 20-04-2021 1:00pm

Hi

I'm eager to buy a few of these for my front garden, but I want to be sure what to expect. I know they can grow very tall and aren't particularly wide. I was thinking about 2-3 of them well-spaced apart with a few flowers in between them.

Do you have any or know a bit about them?

Reading on the RHS website, they grow just under 1m per year. Is it possible / beneficial to prune them or do they just want to grow high to the sky? If they can grow 21m or taller, I don't think it would be a sensible choice to buy if they don't like pruning!

Thinking about if they could be a nuisance in neighbours, I live in a housing estate. Although, I don't think these trees can really be much of a nuisance to neighbours, and especially not right in my front garden near nothing else. They won't be near blocking out light for anyone etc. smile.png

Keen to hear from others!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭standardg60

Assuming you're talking about Cupressus sempervirens here they would be fine, they would never grow that fast or reach that sort of height in Ireland.

Advertisement