If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor Projector

Options
  • 20-04-2021 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi guys,

Im looking for a projector for use in a covered pergola (glass roof).

While it would mostly be for evening/night use, I would like to be able to use during day time for watching matches. Just from doing some research online, it appears that I will require at least 4000 lumens with high contract and a laser projector may help in this regard.

Would the Optima HZ40 be suitable or is there anything else that you would recommend.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Rover365 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Im looking for a projector for use in a covered pergola (glass roof).

While it would mostly be for evening/night use, I would like to be able to use during day time for watching matches. Just from doing some research online, it appears that I will require at least 4000 lumens with high contract and a laser projector may help in this regard.

Would the Optima HZ40 be suitable or is there anything else that you would recommend.

Thanks
    Hi Rover365.

Thanks for the post.

You do need to be very careful with out door projectors as if its too bright then it just looks washed out and unwatchable.

For out door use you can use between 3000 - 4000 lumens but ideally you want over 5000 which is not easy to find.
    The HZ40 is suitable at 4200 lumens and is good in day light conditions.
    Priced up at 1799 Euro

Most the other short throw projector are coming in at 1000 - 2500 Lumens.

Let me know your thoughts.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.