Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milled seaweed

Options
  • 20-04-2021 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hello,

I've been advised to include the seaweed bladderwrack in my diet due to low thyroid function and accompanying symptoms of iodine deficiency.

I have some milled bladderwrack but unsure as to how to take it. I really and truly cannot drink smoothies (I know, it's unusual but I just don't like them). Is it possible to just mix it with water or should I put it in soup? Would it work in a juice?

Sorry for all the questions, a bit new to the world of seaweed!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

greenerie wrote: »
    Hello,

I've been advised to include the seaweed bladderwrack in my diet due to low thyroid function and accompanying symptoms of iodine deficiency.

I have some milled bladderwrack but unsure as to how to take it. I really and truly cannot drink smoothies (I know, it's unusual but I just don't like them). Is it possible to just mix it with water or should I put it in soup? Would it work in a juice?

Sorry for all the questions, a bit new to the world of seaweed!

sea kelp, seaweed high in iodine, you can make soup or smoothies.
    But most prefer to take in gelatin capsules.

There is good iodine extract from food. Look for brand called Food Grown@
    The heath store

Advertisement