Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Workplace - Policy documentation

Options
  • 20-04-2021 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Does anyone know If a company must make all workplace related policies or contractual agreements easily viewable to staff to have access to?

I've received conflicting information in relation to holidays allowance, in particular around service days earned over time however there doesn't appear to be able documentation on any of service day or holiday policies available on internal applications....

HR arent the best at coming back to any queries in general but would have assumed that this information is easy to hand for all employees....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Compliance related documents need to be easily accessible and easy to read, otherwise staff can argue compliance was difficult.

I'm not sure holiday allowance falls into this category (compliance). It does sound like the sort of thing you e-mail to HR and cc your manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,571 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

What does your contract say about annual leave? Different employees may have different allowances depending on their contracts, as long as they meet the regs, they don’t all have to be the same for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 BlueSkys102

Dav010 wrote: »
    What does your contract say about annual leave? Different employees may have different allowances depending on their contracts, as long as they meet the regs, they don’t all have to be the same for everyone.

That's another thing, I am with said company for over 10 years so my initial contract that I signed back then I've no idea where it is or how I can get my hands on it. Our hr department isn't very fort coming with providing such information when asked even if line managers etc are included for escalation purposes

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Dublin Lad2021

Employer really should have provided you with the policies upon joining the company or they should be accessible via hard of soft copy, you can try asking your line manager for copies of policies to see if that clears up your issue

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

That's another thing, I am with said company for over 10 years so my initial contract that I signed back then I've no idea where it is or how I can get my hands on it. Our hr department isn't very fort coming with providing such information when asked even if line managers etc are included for escalation purposes

Surely after 10 years, you know how the holidays procedure works.....

Could you ask HR for a copy of the contract?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

If HR are ignoring you then you need to escalate the issue.

You could do something like this:

Let's pretend Jane is the HR person and Mary is her boss.

Week 1: E-mail Jane asking for details of your holiday allowance.

Week 2: (assuming no reply) Reply to the e-mail asking her if she has any update on this.

Week 3: (assuming no reply) Again, reply to the e-mail asking her if she has any update on this.

Week 4: Forward the e-mail thread to Mary asking if she can help.

It'll take a month but no one can argue you've been unreasonable.

Advertisement