Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Ireland App now live

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭REFLINE1

manster wrote: »
    Experience with app to date...

Played Monday, submitted a terrible 18 hole scorecard via app. First day back and all that. Scorecard is still "Awaiting attestation". Might have been due to entering scores at home instead of on course. Or playing partner messed up approval. I don't know.

Played 9 holes on Tuesday again with the same playing partner. Played out of my skin has one of my best ever scores. This time I was on course when submitting and scorecard was "Approved" again on course. No cut as yet.

No sign of Mondays scorecard on playing partners app so it looks like it will stay "Awaiting attestation". Can't resubmit so it is in limbo.

Also playing partner could not get his location services working on phone so could not submit scorecard via app. It came up as "Location unavailable" on course.

Played yesterday and I had same problem, it wasn't picking up my location so couldn't generate a scorecard, frustrating. Was working for my playing partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Poker Face

REFLINE1 wrote: »
    Played yesterday and I had same problem, it wasn't picking up my location so couldn't generate a scorecard, frustrating. Was working for my playing partner.

what phone have you? Happened my playing partner as well. He has an iphone but he wasnt sure how to check if he had location turned on for it

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭REFLINE1

Poker Face wrote: »
    what phone have you? Happened my playing partner as well. He has an iphone but he wasnt sure how to check if he had location turned on for it

Mines a Huawei P30 Pro, my location was turned on, tried restarting phone and reinstalled app, nothing helped. Checked App location permissions and it is categorized as "allowed only when in use"

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Poker Face

REFLINE1 wrote: »
    Mines a Huawei P30 Pro, my location was turned on, tried restarting phone and reinstalled app, nothing helped. Checked App location permissions and it is categorized as "allowed only when in use"

I have the P30 Lite and worked for me. My App Location permissions are the same as you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

A bit flawed that you can only post a score on app?

A bit flawed that it won’t work if you are not coming up at the correct location?

What happens if you want to post score but your marker has not got app? Or no phone with them, or battery dies, or location doesn’t work for them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭OEP

Seve OB wrote: »

A bit flawed that it won’t work if you are not coming up at the correct location?

What happens if you want to post score but your marker has not got app? Or no phone with them, or battery dies, or location doesn’t work for them?

I guess this a bug that will get fixed, like any app. They haven't had a chance to mass test it until now

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

All this and if he decides not to approve, or ignores or decides to reject or presses the wrong button and accidentally cancels the approval. You can't resubmit and you scorecard is in limbo "Awaiting attestation". The latter happened to me on Monday and the approval is no longer on my marker's phone. Would recommend getting your marker to approve there and then on the course after the round.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

No sure why anyone would be eager to record scores right now, you haven't played golf in 4 months

• Registered Users Posts: 32 super saints

Can someone please give me directions on the Golf Ireland app to Course calculator to see what my handicap would be on another course that’s not my own.......before I throw this iPhone through a window ��

Thank you in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Stacksey wrote: »
    No sure why anyone would be eager to record scores right now, you haven't played golf in 4 months

Jaysis, I'm mad to get out and record some scores. I love counting season :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭slingerz

Can someone please give me directions on the Golf Ireland app to Course calculator to see what my handicap would be on another course that’s not my own.......before I throw this iPhone through a window ��

Thank you in advance

Click on the three ... for more and the WHS Course handicap calculator is there

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

Thank you in advance

In app...

More (bottom right corner)
    WHS Course Handicap Calculator
    Pick your course.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Jimbee

Is this app replacing Howdidido? I know howdidido is uk based but the stats are better on howdidido.

Glitches.

I’ve added some friends who are in different clubs, stuck in their GUI number, nothing coming up on their side to say I invited them and got no feedback on my side when I added them, it was like nothing happened.

I’m member of 2 clubs. There is a spot on app for secondary club but cannot enter anything there. Can’t see anything related on website.

I live in different county to my home club but my address county defaults to home club county with no option to change it

Can’t search other club members at my away club. Will be interesting to see if I need their GUI or something when I want to start putting scores in next week ( I play with randomers). Lots of guys don’t know their number or possibly won’t like me asking.

App just seems to give gross scores. No score difference or PCC etc. So even looking at it, some rounds which look worse than others are actually better when adjusted and are the qualifying ones. It makes it confusing to look at

Edit update. Friend had to go into messages to see the invite. Got no notification it his notifications were set to on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Glitches.

I’ve added some friends who are in different clubs, stuck in their GUI number, nothing coming up on their side to say I invited them and got no feedback on my side when I added them, it was like nothing happened.

I’m member of 2 clubs. There is a spot on app for secondary club but cannot enter anything there. Can’t see anything related on website.

I live in different county to my home club but my address county defaults to home club county with no option to change it

Can’t search other club members at my away club. Will be interesting to see if I need their GUI or something when I want to start putting scores in next week ( I play with randomers). Lots of guys don’t know their number or possibly won’t like me asking.

App just seems to give gross scores. No score difference or PCC etc. So even looking at it, some rounds which look worse than others are actually better when adjusted and are the qualifying ones. It makes it confusing to look at

Edit update. Friend had to go into messages to see the invite. Got no notification it his notifications were set to on.

There is an update out for the App so maybe this will fix some of the issues?

Update listed as bug fixes, and feature to send a reminder to the attester.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭OEP

Everyone should make sure to give this feedback to the app developers so they can fix the bugs

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭flugel

Played Monday

Did everything correct, I think. Had score confirmed by playing partner and got confirmation after round.

Saw scorecard on my account, handicap index adjusted.

Checked it then on Wednesday and it had disappeared

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

flugel wrote: »
    Played Monday

Did everything correct, I think. Had score confirmed by playing partner and got confirmation after round.

Saw scorecard on my account, handicap index adjusted.

Checked it then on Wednesday and it had disappeared

If it's still not back, Email your handicap secretary to see if they can see it as a pending score in their system. That happens sometimes and it needs to be re-approved in the office

played at my away club this morning
    tried to enter score
    marker has no idea of his GUI number (as was the case at my home club the other day)
    but unlike my home club where I could just look the lad up, I could not look up by name.
    I added him as a guest
    but can't finish the scoring process now at the end of the round without his GUI number.
    He is going to look for it later on and text me...... we'll see how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

played at my away club this morning
    tried to enter score
    marker has no idea of his GUI number (as was the case at my home club the other day)
    but unlike my home club where I could just look the lad up, I could not look up by name.
    I added him as a guest
    but can't finish the scoring process now at the end of the round without his GUI number.
    He is going to look for it later on and text me...... we'll see how it goes
    Do you sign in by name? Always better to sign in with your number as it means you either have to have your card with you or have your number memorised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭hurikane

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Do you sign in by name? Always better to sign in with your number as it means you either have to have your card with you or have your number memorised.

Problem is, you can look up members by name at your home course, for any other course you need their number, probably GDPR gone mad.

I know my own number, always have. Most golfers in my experience don't know their own number. I haven't played yet with anyone since restart who had the app installed. Many won't want it. In my experience, I'd say wayyyyyy less than half of golfers would have ever looked at their handicap record on Golfnet. A lot of them will not change.

hurikane wrote: »

Problem is, you can look up members by name at your home course, for any other course you need their number, probably GDPR gone mad.
    GDPR gone mad must be the new PC gone mad. :D

It's just practicality. Too many golfers with the same name, but won't have the same number. In your home club, the chances of that are less likely and will usually be differentiated from each other by the use of middle initials.

I know my own number, always have. Most golfers in my experience don't know their own number. I haven't played yet with anyone since restart who had the app installed. Many won't want it. In my experience, I'd say wayyyyyy less than half of golfers would have ever looked at their handicap record on Golfnet. A lot of them will not change.
    Yeah, you're correct. But it will have to change. GolfNet isn't really comparable though since there was actually never a need to use it when the systems in place in golf clubs gave the same information.

GDPR gone mad must be the new PC gone mad. :D

It's just practicality. Too many golfers with the same name, but won't have the same number. In your home club, the chances of that are less likely and will usually be differentiated from each other by the use of middle initials.

In your home club you can search by name or number (when searching for name you only see members of your own club), if your playing partner is from another club you select the club and enter their number.

In your home club you can search by name or number (when searching for name you only see members of your own club), if your playing partner is from another club you select the club and enter their number.
    How would searching for a visitor's record be quicker and as accurate searching by name? In your home club, it's expected that you would know most of the member's names.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

My club is pretty good, pre covid we had to sign a sheet for the comps and put out GUI number down so most players would know their number or have there card to hand.

I was meant to try entering a score Friday but never did.

I also contacted Golf Ireland about the payment and they said scores have to be processed regardless of payment being made or not.

How would searching for a visitor's record be quicker and as accurate searching by name? In your home club, it's expected that you would know most of the member's names.

I think you’ve missed the point a couple of times now. I never stated it would be more accurate searching by name.

I think you’ve missed the point a couple of times now. I never stated it would be more accurate searching by name.
    You said this

If that's not meant to suggest that you should be able to search for visitors by name, well then yes, I've missed the point. In which case what is the point?

• Advertisement

You said this

If that's not meant to suggest that you should be able to search for visitors by name, well then yes, I've missed the point. In which case what is the point?

Well it all goes back to where you originally missed the point with seve

Advertisement