Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Ireland App now live

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

prawnsambo wrote: »
    You said this

If that's not meant to suggest that you should be able to search for visitors by name, well then yes, I've missed the point. In which case what is the point?
    hurikane wrote: »
    Well it all goes back to where you originally missed the point with seve

yes Prawn, I also think you missed the point.
    Point is that you should be able to search by name as not everyone knows their number

Yeah, you're correct. But it will have to change. GolfNet isn't really comparable though since there was actually never a need to use it when the systems in place in golf clubs gave the same information.

I respectfully disagree.

Golf Ireland is about as much use as Golfnet was for the average club golfer who never looked at Golfnet.

They still wont have any need to look at Golf Ireland as signing into the comp will give them their handicap... that's all most golfers seem to care about

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭REFLINE1

REFLINE1 wrote: »
    Played yesterday and I had same problem, it wasn't picking up my location so couldn't generate a scorecard, frustrating. Was working for my playing partner.

has anyone found a solution to this location issue? i emailed golf Ireland but no reply yet.

has anyone found a solution to this location issue? i emailed golf Ireland but no reply yet.

i dont see the issue

i can pick any course i want.

it might be your app/phone.

maybe try uninstall & reinstall?

Seve OB wrote: »
    i dont see the issue

i can pick any course i want.

it might be your app/phone.

maybe try uninstall & reinstall?

i have tried everything i can think of including uninstalling/ installing the app. location services working fine on my phone for all other apps. This App just doesn't seem to pick up a location so i keep getting an error when trying to create a scorecard.

• Advertisement

i have tried everything i can think of including uninstalling/ installing the app. location services working fine on my phone for all other apps. This App just doesn't seem to pick up a location so i keep getting an error when trying to create a scorecard.

did you just put the name of the course in the search bar?

did you just put the name of the course in the search bar?

Yes, i can pick the course from the list and choose the tee etc but when i try to generate the scorecard it tells me that i need to be in close proximity to the course to create a scorecard. ive received this error even when standing on the 1st tee box!

Anyone else a member of 2 clubs?

I have received feedback from Golf Ireland who tell me that your secondary club can only be amended by the club.

I have asked my club to update this.

Will see what happens.

Edit; Golf Ireland say it should be your home club who needs to update this. I had asked secondary club, but have now asked home club also.

Edit: home club says it needs to be done by away club and supporting documentation from Golf Ireland seems to back up this suggestion

• Registered Users Posts: 24 elgstring

Having similar issues but no real solution, when I am on the grounds of the course I cant pick up the location. My workaround for now is creating the scorecard before I get to the course which works oddly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

hurikane wrote: »
    Well it all goes back to where you originally missed the point with seve
    I didn't miss the point with Seve. I made the counterpoint that it's easier to use your number or your card. And i expanded the point by saying that names aren't unique. And I replied to you separately about your contention that it was "GDPR gone mad". A completely different point.

• Advertisement

I didn't miss the point with Seve. I made the counterpoint that it's easier to use your number or your card. And i expanded the point by saying that names aren't unique. And I replied to you separately about your contention that it was "GDPR gone mad". A completely different point.

I think you did though. I wasn't talking about myself. I was talking about my opposition. They had no idea of their own number. Most don't.

I respectfully disagree.

Golf Ireland is about as much use as Golfnet was for the average club golfer who never looked at Golfnet.

They still wont have any need to look at Golf Ireland as signing into the comp will give them their handicap... that's all most golfers seem to care about
    Afaik, you can't sign in for a general play round at another course on their software.

On the Golf Ireland Website address setting are defaulting my county to the county of my home club with no option to change this.

There is no county option showing on the App.

I would assume same for everyone else?

Golf Ireland are going to investigate

I think you did though. I wasn't talking about myself. I was talking about my opposition. They had no idea of their own number. Most don't.
    I know you weren't talking about yourself. You made that clear. And my original point remains that they should. Most of our members sign in with their number or their card.

Afaik, you can't sign in for a general play round at another course on their software.

what makes you say that?

One of the big points of WGH is that you can travel the world and play casual rounds which will be handicap qualifying

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

I know you weren't talking about yourself. You made that clear. And my original point remains that they should. Most of our members sign in with their number or their card.

In my club too. When signing in you just call out your 4 digit number(last 4 digits of your gui number as the first 4 digits are the same for everyone) to the pro. he types it in and prints your sticker. Thats how we all sign in. Majority in my club anyway know their gui number.

On the Golf Ireland Website address setting are defaulting my county to the county of my home club with no option to change this.

There is no county option showing on the App.

I would assume same for everyone else?

Golf Ireland are going to investigate
    Can't change your name or your membership type either. Not that you'd need to change your name unless it was misspelled.

Can't change your name or your membership type either. Not that you'd need to change your name unless it was misspelled.

yea I'll have to get on to the club again and tell them that my name is actually Seve :D

what makes you say that?

One of the big points of WGH is that you can travel the world and play casual rounds which will be handicap qualifying
    I haven't seen an option for it on our club software (Handicap Master). Members can sign in for casual rounds alright, but I see no way for visitors to. So their only option is to use the app.

yea I'll have to get on to the club again and tell them that my name is actually Seve :D
    That would be fun. :)

I take it that your home club is Greystones, but you live in Dublin and Golf Ireland has your home county as Wicklow?

• Advertisement

Another glitch
    I now have 2 scores entered

the first one has been approved by "marker1"
    and the second is "awaiting attestation" it gives me the option to send "marker 2" a reminder.
    but when I click on this it askes if I want to remind the "marker 1" a reminder via push or email.
    I've no idea who it is actually going to remind! :confused:

Another glitch
    I now have 2 scores entered

the first one has been approved by "marker1"
    and the second is "awaiting attestation" it gives me the option to send "marker 2" a reminder.
    but when I click on this it askes if I want to remind the "marker 1" a reminder via push or email.
    I've no idea who it is actually going to remind! :confused:
    Does it name the markers or are they just as stated? It could be that since 'marker 1' has signed, 'marker 2' is now 'marker 1'. I know this sounds mad, but it's the only thing I can think of. :o

Does it name the markers or are they just as stated? It could be that since 'marker 1' has signed, 'marker 2' is now 'marker 1'. I know this sounds mad, but it's the only thing I can think of. :o

it names each one individually, i'm just not putting their names on here

it names each one individually, i'm just not putting their names on here
    I knew it was a bit mad. :D

Has the score reached your record on GI from the first one?

I knew it was a bit mad. :D

Has the score reached your record on GI from the first one?

yes

yes
    Well there goes that theory. :D

I'd say the best approach is to phone (or email) 'marker 2' and ask him has he confirmed it. And ask GI what the feck is going on.

Well there goes that theory. :D

I'd say the best approach is to phone (or email) 'marker 2' and ask him has he confirmed it. And ask GI what the feck is going on.

Golf Ireland say thanks for the information. Looking into it.

Marker 2 is my next door neighbour so will quiz him later on or in morning.

I’ll be playing with marker 1 again on Saturday morning.

Marker 2 has never logged into golf Ireland. Doesn’t know their pin. Doesn’t ever remember logging into golfnet.

Lots of people like this, with no intention or interest in doing it.

You only really need the Golf Ireland App if you want to submit a casual score, and even at that if your club set it up on whatever usual platform then you wouldn’t even need it.

Honestly, I think life would be much simpler if we didn’t have to use so many different things to do the same job

Marker 2 has never logged into golf Ireland. Doesn’t know their pin. Doesn’t ever remember logging into golfnet.

Lots of people like this, with no intention or interest in doing it.

You only really need the Golf Ireland App if you want to submit a casual score, and even at that if your club set it up on whatever usual platform then you wouldn’t even need it.

Honestly, I think life would be much simpler if we didn’t have to use so many different things to do the same job
    This is true. However, the outcry that ensued when GI said handicaps could only be viewed on their platform makes that a pipe dream. We have all these systems because people are resistant to change and people don't use them because they're resistant to change. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭L.O.F.T

that routine sounds familiar, is that RC?

fearruanua wrote: »
    In my club too. When signing in you just call out your 4 digit number(last 4 digits of your gui number as the first 4 digits are the same for everyone) to the pro. he types it in and prints your sticker. Thats how we all sign in. Majority in my club anyway know their gui number.

Advertisement