Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Ireland App now live

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭valc

I am an away member at their club. They can't see details of my scores, only my actual HI. I guess that's how they could send me a friend request.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,970 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

If you are an away member, you are a member. They just need you pr name and can look you up.

they can see a breakdown of your score and not just you HI.

what they won’t see is the details of the rounds if you have your privacy settings turned off.

I know, because I’m a member of 2 clubs. I can look up anyone in either club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

You are right to some extent i think...

If you are a member of 2 clubs, but I'm only a member of one, and that is your away club, then I wont be able to see your scores just your handicap index. I'm open to correction on this but I think this is how it has worked for me when I look up people.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

How long after a round do adjustments for course conditions on the day get made on Golf Ireland?

Competition over the weekend off the back tees I shot a nett 72 (nett +1) but I’m thinking that it’s likely on the Sunday that genuinely could’ve been the best score by a fair distance. My understanding is the day’s scoring comes into play on Golf Ireland for determining a cut etc unless it’s the Weekend Comps’ scoring as a whole?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭valc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭n2o

Overnight. The PCC is always there the morning after a round regardless of where I've played.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭boccy23

Does anyone know the basis for applying the PCC?

I was just looking and there was PCC of 1 applied last weekend with no extraordinary playing conditions in play.

When I look back, there have been PCCs applied over the course of the summer.

Looking at my history of rounds, the PCC has never NOT been 0.

I find that hard to believe given the conditions on Sunday were atrocious. I think the top 5 scores in the competition were recorded on the Saturday whereas our day was a washout.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Jimbee

The golf Ireland app is good, but it needs a lot more work.

The open fixtures feature is only available on Google not the app.

Even at that it's difficult to navigate.

Is it supposed to replace howdidido?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭blue note

What's the app actually useful for? Really the only use for it is being able to record your scores. After that all it is is your current handicap and a record of your scores.

They really should look to develop it to do much more. Make it compatible with the GPS software apps so that you can upload your score directly from it. Have a live leader board function on it. Using it as a booking platform makes sense too. And definitely advertising opens through it. Both clubs and players would like that.

Also, have it as a communication platform to members.

Basically, merge hdid, golf Ireland and make it compatible with smart golf software apps.

• Advertisement

Agreed; not being ablr to view competitor scores there post-competition is ridic annoying. That was one of the fun and intuitive things about HDID. Seeing how holes played out on the day etc.

Now on HDID my local club are very slow at putting things up on HDID and you can't view players' Holy-By-Holes on it anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bustercherry

On Google? I'm assuming you mean the Golf Ireland website?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bustercherry

It does what it's exactly for, tracking you handicap and submitting casual scores. All that other stuff doesn't make sense at all, there is better software and vendors specifically targeting these area which can do it much better. Also would you be willing to paying an increased Golf Ireland Fee to fund this?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭IAmTitleist

Up until this year my clubs competitions would regularly have standard scratches of +1 or sometimes even +2.

This year, every single competition i have played has just been PCC of 0. Find it hard to believe myself.

Ya exactly - Something’s not right there, I definitely remember many competitions off the White Tees ranging from 36 points even to 38 points Standard Scratch

I’m just annoyed with it from the weekend because on Sunday I feel like I played out of my skin for nett 72 in those conditions but wasn’t any way rewarded with Hcap (which is my goal really to get it down)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Would you have many people not submitting scores into the computer ? We have noticed the same thing and I'm told its because of the number of people we have NR'ing competitions. Despite emails having gone out and repeat offenders being approached, they still NR because they are used to the old system where NRing didnt effect standard scratch (old dogs, new tricks, etc...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Scottish Golf tried this and its been a disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭IAmTitleist

On a regular Saturday comp with 150-200 entrants there is usually no more than 4/5 NR's

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

I really do think that the handicap changes have been a significant impact in terms of PCC calculation.

Peoples handicaps have swung higher, quicker, meaning they are probably now scoring better than they would have when they could only up a stroke in a year. So guys who were shooting 28 points say, are now shooting 30-32 points bringing the overall scoring up and reducig the likelihood of no PCC.

And a lot of their bad scores could have been submitted casually not impacting on the PCC while theyre shifting upwards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭paulos53

With the fairways getting softer and my course playing longer I am starting to see the PCC come into effect more often than not.

We generally have 5 competition days per week. Over the past 2 weeks we have had a PCC of 0 for only 3 out of the last 10 competitions.

• Advertisement

Is it the Golf Club or Golf Ireland automatically that does it?

Advertisement