Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aib app on samsung not working

• 20-04-2021 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Says that app is no longer working with phones running android 7 or less...
    Does this mean i have to get a newer phone??
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

spacekiwi wrote: »
    Says that app is no longer working with phones running android 7 or less...
    Does this mean i have to get a newer phone??
    Thanks.

Can you do software upgrades?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Smoothrider

AIB just locked thousands of customers out of their accounts because their android phones are a few years old. The AIB banking app will not process a confirmation to let you get into your accounts online with an android OS of 7. It must be 8 or above, which means you need a new phone as these updates are not available for many android phones. No advance notice given by AIB, just locked out. Completely disgraceful and unprofessional behaviour from AIB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭TempAc

No advance notice given by AIB, just locked out. Completely disgraceful and unprofessional behaviour from AIB.

Much as I dislike AIB I don't really blame them here.

You can still access the web version of online banking with one of the readers (which you can also use in a browser on your phone).

On top of that android 7 was released almost 5 years ago. It hasn't received a security update in 18 months (which is your best case scenario depending on the manufacturer of your device). And globally is used by about 7% of android devices, most of which are tablets, you would expect that in a first world country that proportion would be smaller still.

So, in summary, you're not locked out of your account, you just can't access it in an app that AIB is under no obligation to provide to an insecure device.

Advertisement