Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When can we fly to Spain.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

Sound great. Off there myself in 2 weeks can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭ax530

Do vaccinated or children have to restrict movement s on return from Canaries?

I thought not with the new European wide travel arrangements however talking to others re children summer camp they said if we away should not have them going up camp until quarantine done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

No there is no period of restricted movements needed when returning from the Canaries.

Hope they enjoy the holiday and the summer camp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Is the advance passenger info to Spain gone, you used to have to update bookings with passport numbers etc? Maybe the spth has replaced it.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

Hi all, hoping to get some advice here, plan on going to Alicante in August, will be staying in and around ''Calle la Traviata, 03184 Torrevieja, Alicante, Spain''

Whats it like moving around Alicante (with kids)? will I need to hire a car from Airport or is the Public transport sufficent? Going to Lidl, Beach etc..

First time heading there, will do own research but thought to ask here for some advice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

Travelling to Ibiza in august. Only have one dose of Pfizer vaccine done. Will I have to self isolate when coming back to Dublin even with negative pcr?

everyone from this thread must have actually gone to Spain 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Sono

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Flying to Barcelona Friday morning at 06:15. Got negative PCR test in the Tropical Medical Bureau today at 14:30. Ryanair send an email saying this:

2) Negative Covid-19 test result

Your diagnostic test/rapid antigen test must be performed within 48 hours of arrival and the result must be negative. Accepted diagnostic tests include - RT-PCR, RT-LAMP, TMA=

And on the official Spanish sites it says 72 hours....talk about mixed messages! Which is correct 48 hours or 72 hours like!?

Thanks,

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

As far as I’ve been reading the antigen test has to be within 48 hours of travelling but the pcr test can be within 72 hours of travelling.

I’m booked in for an antigen Tuesday morning at the airport myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Not to sound rude but thats none of your business, and i was always thought never to answer a question with a question.

Hi, I presumme your not vax'd, To enter spain from say N.I - do i need a antigen or PCR test would you happen to know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Not sure if you know but the Balearic Islands regional government reinstated mandatory outdoor mask wearing just 4 weeks after scrapping due to big rise in cases.

https://www.garda.com/crisis24/news-alerts/358171/spain-face-masks-to-be-compulsory-in-public-areas-of-the-balearic-islands-from-july-13-update-35

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sandy1978

That article appears to be from July 2020. Am I missing something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭mada999

Hi all, I had my second jab of pfizer on Monday 27.07.21 and am travelling to mainland Spain from Dublin on Sunday 01.08.21. I have already received my EU travel cert. Does anyone know if i can now travel without a PCR test? Anyone know if the date of the second jab is checked against 14 days or will it just be checked that the EU travel cert is valid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Sono

My friend went to Poland last week and was fully vaccinated, he didn’t have digital cert as there are delays with getting them if you get vaccinated at your GP, he produced the card to show double jabs and had no issue. Having said that your situation is slightly different as technically you are not fully vaccinated.

if it were me I would probably get pcr test to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

Only Antigen needed for mainland Spain, so if I were you, I would pay the € to get it done for peace of mind. Would hate to be turned back at the gate.

On a side note, myself and friends were having a discussion about if you're DCC is valid from once its issued regardless if the 14days post 2nd shot. Well friends daughter works in a pub and has the link to verify the DCC. She scanned mine, and it came up as valid, had my name and the vaccine and the date of the second shot. Friend is 10 days post 2nd jab, hers came up as invalid (She received the DCC by email)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Hi, Is it Antigen only when you leave from Belfast or Dublin. - Where could i locate that info please?

How much are Antigen tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sandy1978

Thanks for that. We are due to fly out on 19th and having doubts now with these new restrictions. Worried they might lockdown further when we are there!

thanks folks, i searched for the scanner app (https://app.digitalcovidcertchecker.gov.ie/) and scanned my DCC and it listed it as invalid (it mentioned 7 days for Pfizer)

Booked my test in Dublin Airport..

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

This is for the Canaries: Certificate indicating the negative result of a COVID-19 Active Infection Diagnostic Test performed on the holder. Antigen tests performed a maximum of 48 hours prior to arrival in Spain will be accepted, as will NAAT tests (PCR, TMA, LAMP) performed a maximum of 72 hours prior to arrival in Spain. Only NAAT tests will be accepted for people travelling from the United Kingdom.

Not sure for mainland Spain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

According to the Re-open EU covid app all of mainland Spain plus all of the islands gone into the deep red zone as of today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

The 7 day infection rate is finally beginning to fall for Spain now, although it is still at a very high level.

The vaccination rate is great though so hopefully they'll see massive reductions in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭BobMc

Back a couple days from Lanza, 1st week quite enough, towards end of 2nd week, nearly all closed bars and restaurants had reopened, nearly felt like a return to no normal with a fair few touristst about, I'd say mainly Irish, few UK but not in the normal numbers you'd see.

All docs checked on return by both ryanair and Passport control on landing, was well wirth the trip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭mcw92

Due to travel from Dublin Airport to Lanzarote.

Both fully vaccinated over 30 days ago at time of travel, so will have DCC(Vaccine is from Northern Ireland, but from what I read, that is still a valid digital cert for EU travel)

Before flight out : Have to fill out the Spanish health control form for a QR code

Before flight home : Have to full out passenger locator form.

But does anyone know if we need any PCR tests or similar at any stage ?

Post edited by mcw92 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I'm in a similar situation

It seems to have been worded to confuse.

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/ab900-covid-19-passenger-locator-form/

Declarations you must make:

• if you have valid proof of vaccination
    • if you have valid proof that you have recovered from COVID-19 in the past 180 days
    • if you have evidence of a pre-departure RT-PCR COVID-19 test taken no more than 72 hours prior to arrival, OR positive RT-PCR COVID-19 test result at least 11 days prior to arrival (and no more than 180 days)

My understanding is that it is any of the above.

They should have put the word "or"

I hope I'm not wrong as I won't be getting a PCR test before return

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

it's prob worded like that intentionally.... it's not telling you the requirements or restrictions, and they don't want an argument like "I didn't realise travel from peru meant quarantine, sure the website said i just need proof of vaccination.

Roll with it .. make declarations for true statements, follow entry requirements, you'll be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Sorry if this type of question has been answered before but I can’t get my head around it .

So we’re 3 adults and 1 teenager and due to fly to Tenerife from Belfast on the 18th august . 2 adults fully vaccinated, 1 adult has had 1st dose and 13 yr old has had nothing .

what do we need to show to fly out and Also come back ?Again sorry if duplicate question and thanks for help in advance

"2 adults fully vaccinated, 1 adult has had 1st dose and 13 yr old has had nothing."

Presuming this doesn't change before you go...

Outbound to Spain:

• 2 fully vaccinated - a Digital Covid Cert
    • 1 partial vaccinated / 1 child - a Covid test (antigen within 48 hours, PCR within 72 hours)
    • All in party - Spanish equivalent of PLF - spth.gob.es

Returning to Ireland:

• 2 fully vaccinated - a Digital Covid Cert1
    • 1 partial vaccinated / 1 child - a Covid test (PCR within 72 hours)
    • All in party - the Irish PLF - travel.eplf.gov.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭scwazrh

just back from Spain, DCC was checked by Aer Lingus staff at desk and PLF was checked also before we flew back.

most people walking the streets in Spain still wearing their masks too

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Im on the countdown now - Travelling to Spain on Friday - Nerves are gone in case one of the kids gets a positive Antigen test tomorrow evening!!!!

2 weeks out of here if all goes to plan!!

Your nerves will be even worse while you're there worrying about one of them failing the PCR test just before you fly home.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭manniot2

After missing a trick here - I thought you were fully vaccinated after 7 days of Pfizer (as per the poxy HSE website) but it turns out Spain require 14 days post vaccine. Will need to antigen test on the way out now. People probably knew this, but just thought Id mention it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Can I fly to and back from Spain without tests or quarantine if I have my covid cert?

By covid cert you mean eu dcc showing you had 2nd vaccine over 14 days ago? If so, yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

The email I got after my 2nd dose, is that the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

You get the cert so fast these days that it may have been before you were considered fully vaccinated. Here it's 7 days after Pfizer before you're considered fully vaccinated (even if you have your certificate) but Spain say 14 days. Your certificate will scan as invalid before then

• Registered Users Posts: 48 jmcgold

Returned from Spain yesterday after three weeks.

Experience in Dublin airport on the way out and Malaga airport on the return was broadly similar, passenger locator form was looked at but nothing was scanned. In Malaga airport yesterday we were asked for evidence of vaccination and PCR test but neither were scanned. In short, I saw no evidence of validation of the EU Digital Cert (QR code being scanned) in either Dublin or Malaga airports on either the outward or return journeys.

Life around Marbella area was very close to normal. Masks are worn in shops and crowded outdoor spaces (e.g. markets) and compliance is very high. The level of compliance probably has something to do with the fact that these small personal measures allow for pretty much everything to be open as normal - restaurants, theme parks, pubs, etc.. Another thing to note is the cost of face masks, hand sanitiser, etc. are a fraction of the cost they are in Dublin; for example a pack of ten disposable face masks costs one euro.

In general masks do not need to be worn in outdoor spaces.

To be fair the climate helps as most dining is outside anyway. But dining indoors was possible without any certs/tests to be scanned.

Our flight was full, but the plane was downsized from the scheduled A330 to an A320. While the costa del sol is busy, the number of visitors is only about 60-70% of what would be normal this time of year.

After three weeks abroad I am usually ready to return home, absolutely not the case this time.

Some observations on the spanish approach:

• if restrictions are sensible and treated as a last resort the public will accept and follow them.
    • there is negligible cost to adhering to guidelines, masks etc. are dirt cheap.
    • if most of life feels normal, you care less about the stuff that doesn't.

@jmcgold my experience was different.

Arriving in malaga they had a team of people scanning spth (which seems to incorporate eu dcc)

Arriving back in dublin, passport control scanned the qr code of my eu dcc

Boarding gate staff look at the forms but don't scan them.

• Advertisement

Apologies, you are correct regarding the passenger locator form heading into Spain. The locator form QR code was scanned on arrival, but neither our vaccine certs were scanned (nor were they linked to the locator form).

Possibly they are only scanning the actual vaccine/test certs on a sample of passengers.

Nothing was scanned for us at all in Dublin in either direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭smalltalk

@jmcgold "In Malaga airport yesterday we were asked for evidence of vaccination and PCR test but neither were scanned."Do you mean vaccination or PCR test. Did one of your party not have a cert and traveled with a valid PCR test or were the Spanish airport staff looking for both?

one of us was vaccinated and one had a valid PCR test. During check-in a Servisair employee went down the line and asked to see our locator forms for Ireland, the evidence of vaccination, and the evidence of the PCR test. I showed her images of each on my phone and she gave me slips of paper to say our documentation was in order. Nothing was scanned though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Well the 3 of them got negative Antigens so all good to travel!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭smalltalk

@jmcgold Thanks for clearing that up,we are traveling to the Costa del sol in couple of weeks so very interested to read your account of your experience on holiday, thanks for posting.👍

• Advertisement
Advertisement