Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When can we fly to Spain.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I can tell you one thing
    Ireland IS currently listed as a risk country for Spain
    Ergo an antigen is required or proof of full vaccination
    The latter is a gamble as to whether your HSE vaccination card will do,a risk I wouldn't take,for the sake of the price of a test
    After the 19th it becomes simple,you'll have your DCC

That's changing to PCR for Brits from Thursday, i assume same for us but not sure as they are out of EU...
    Confirmation of full vaccine is accepted...
    Spain will not be anything approaching normal this year...

That's changing to PCR for Brits from Thursday, i assume same for us but not sure as they are out of EU...
    Confirmation of full vaccine is accepted...
    Spain will not be anything approaching normal this year...

Not this summer anyway but their vaccines roll out is going well
    I do not know if a hse vaccine card is accepted especially flying via UK
    Moot after July 19th which is less than 3 weeks away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Not this summer anyway but their vaccines roll out is going well
    I do not know if a hse vaccine card is accepted especially flying via UK
    Moot after July 19th which is less than 3 weeks away

This was copied from Spain requirement page a few days ago, this is entry from UK so i expect easier from Irl..

What certificate or documentary proof will they require from me on my arrival in Spain, if I come from a risk country/area?
    If you come from a country/area considered of risk, you must bring with you one of the supporting certificates/documents listed below:

EU Digital COVID Certificate IN DIGITAL FORMAT, issued by a member state of the European Union. It may contain one or more of the following documents proving that a person:

has been vaccinated against COVID-19
    a diagnostic test [NAAT (nucleic acid amplification test, e.g. RT-PCR, RT-LAMP, TMA) /RAT (rapid antigen test)] has been performed and the result was negative.
    has recovered from COVID-19, after having had the disease.

Antigen is accepted for EU countries. The PCR is for the UK only.

Dobbytoes wrote: »
    Antigen is accepted for EU countries. The PCR is for the UK only.

So we are the only EU country who need to have a NEGATIVE PCR test?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

Im really hoping the digital covid cert will be easy to down load or whatever?

I seen Simon Donnelly saying it will be emailed to everyone fully vaccinated but I dont remember giving any email address to my GP who gave me the vaccination.
    And my mother has never had an email address and she is planning on going to Spain too on July 22nd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Im really hoping the digital covid cert will be easy to down load or whatever?

I seen Simon Donnelly saying it will be emailed to everyone fully vaccinated but I dont remember giving any email address to my GP who gave me the vaccination.
    And my mother has never had an email address and she is planning on going to Spain too on July 22nd.

There's a government site with a little info now, more to follow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Got my first dose today and just checked my vaccine passport. Up and running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

Caranica wrote: »
    There's a government site with a little info now, more to follow

Is this the site you were on about?

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/3a698-eu-digital-covid-certificate/#where-you-can-get-yours

Where you can get yours

The legislation for the Certificate will apply from 1 July across the EU. The Irish Government advised, on 28 May, that the EU Digital COVID Certificate will play a significant role in the proposed new international travel measures intended to be implemented from 19 July 2021.

Teams across the public service are working together to deliver the EU Digital COVID Certificate in Ireland and you will be clearly notified of the steps needed to access the EU Digital COVID Certificate soon.

Personally, I would like some idea of when I will be clearly notified, lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Skippette wrote: »

Personally, I would like some idea of when I will be clearly notified, lol

Same. have flights and car booked for 23rd need to cancel by the 16th to get refund on car and move flights

I really hope its not going to be a wake up one the 19th and try and figure it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Got my first dose today and just checked my vaccine passport. Up and running.

What do you mean by vaccine passport?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭BobMc

Solobally8 wrote: »
    probably means the HSE vaccine portal !

My EU digital certificate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

My EU digital certificate.

Where are ye located?

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Where are ye located?

Spain. It's seamlessly integrated our local health service app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

I got my vaccines done in my local GP who don't have my email address so I'd also like to know how this will work.

Meglamonia wrote: »
    I got my vaccines done in my local GP who don't have my email address so I'd also like to know how this will work.

You will get it in the post according to what Leo said today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

If that is genuinely the solution to this then I'm embarrassed to be Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

I really hope this isn’t the case. Is it not supposed to be an app?
    I’m going to Spain next week and returning home in August. Posting my DCC to my house is going to be a bit awkward! I’ll have to get someone to post it to me in Spain..

Fingers crossed he is talking out his ass and it’s done via an app I can download abroad

The article said by email where emails have been given and otherwise by post. I presume whatever you are sent in the post is a link to download something

I’m going to Spain next week and returning home in August. Posting my DCC to my house is going to be a bit awkward! I’ll have to get someone to post it to me in Spain..

Fingers crossed he is talking out his ass and it’s done via an app I can download abroad

you need one of these....

EU Digital COVID Certificate IN DIGITAL FORMAT, issued by a member state of the European Union. It may contain one or more of the following documents proving that a person:

has been vaccinated against COVID-19
    a diagnostic test [NAAT (nucleic acid amplification test, e.g. RT-PCR, RT-LAMP, TMA) /RAT (rapid antigen test)] has been performed and the result was negative.
    user_online.pngreport.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Amadan Dubh

You can just get a test in Spain before you come back if the app hasn't been linked on the Irish side when you're due back. TBC whether antigen will be accepted by Ireland when you return. If you were to come back now it would only be the PCR that's accepted.

Its digital in UK and in Spain, it will be valid for 365 days from issue.
    It may simply be a card with a QR code on it.
    Its surprising we have not been told how to go about getting this document considering it be live in 2 weeks or it may be we have and i missed it...

Its digital in UK and in Spain, it will be valid for 365 days from issue.
    It may simply be a card with a QR code on it.
    Its surprising we have not been told how to go about getting this document considering it be live in 2 weeks or it may be we have and i missed it...

Nope you haven't missed it! No technical specs have been issued, as in...what app, is it available on the play store or iTunes.

I rang a private testing centre yesterday enquiring about an Antigen test for my daughter for Spain. It was suggested on their website to download a EU Health App and the results would be sent to it. I rang cause, I wanted a digital print out of the test results for the DCC. They said they haven't been told yet whether they can provide them as the technical framework has not been issued.....ah sure, it's not like it's going live in a couple of weeks....

• Advertisement

Nope you haven't missed it! No technical specs have been issued, as in...what app, is it available on the play store or iTunes.

I rang a private testing centre yesterday enquiring about an Antigen test for my daughter for Spain. It was suggested on their website to download a EU Health App and the results would be sent to it. I rang cause, I wanted a digital print out of the test results for the DCC. They said they haven't been told yet whether they can provide them as the technical framework has not been issued.....ah sure, it's not like it's going live in a couple of weeks....

If your daughter flying from Dublin she can be tested at the Randox centre on day of flight, the result is generated with QR code.
    The Spanish are not scanning this QR code but they are scanning the Passenger location code....

If in the unlikely event that it's done that way,a photo of it sent to you on WhatsApp will suffice
    A screenshot of a QR code can be read by a scanner so can a photo as long as the photo is not blurred
    So I would not worry

If in the unlikely event that it's done that way,a photo of it sent to you on WhatsApp will suffice
    A screenshot of a QR code can be read by a scanner so can a photo as long as the photo is not blurred
    So I would not worry

Has anyone actually confirmed this will have a QR code, the passenger locator from the HSE does not have a QR code.
    Also there are no QR scanners on arrivals at Dublin Airport or there wasn't last week.
    A bit of clarity on this would be helpful...

If your daughter flying from Dublin she can be tested at the Randox centre on day of flight, the result is generated with QR code.
    The Spanish are not scanning this QR code but they are scanning the Passenger location code....

Flying from Knock so unfortunately that wouldn't work. There is a testing centre at Knock airport but they don't have any appointments listed, maybe they're waiting for EU flights to resume before they open them up. We have a few weeks to get it sorted, hopefully as the 19th approaches the powers to be will actually release info on the DCC.

Flying from Knock so unfortunately that wouldn't work. There is a testing centre at Knock airport but they don't have any appointments listed, maybe they're waiting for EU flights to resume before they open them up. We have a few weeks to get it sorted, hopefully as the 19th approaches the powers to be will actually release info on the DCC.

Well the test is €50 in Dublin and when you consider the Dublin flight be way cheaper it may be a consideration, you may have already made plans....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Maz2016

This doesn't make good reading. I am flying in early August, they would want to have it sorted by then

Holiday plans in tatters — We will miss EU travel deadline on July 19 warn Ministers

https://extra.ie/2021/07/04/news/irish-news/holiday-plans-in-tatters-we-will-miss-eu-travel-deadline-on-july-19-warn-ministers?fbclid=IwAR0WT8oZI2duqBPOKMomDzH0nsc_Y6ntBKv1lZV3dqk7Qx2mFmqIpc_Jnn0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭sideshowbob321

Maz2016 wrote:
    This doesn't make good reading. I am flying in early August, they would want to have it sorted by then

Maz2016 wrote:
    Holiday plans in tatters — We will miss EU travel deadline on July 19 warn Ministers

Don't give two Sh1ts.....

We'll be double vaccinated so flying end of July regardless !! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Maz2016

But how will you proof it without a test?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭sideshowbob321

I think the 'story' is just more covid scaremongering click-bait bullsh1t tbh

I hope they are still on track for the 19th but IF they don't I'll still travel like 1000's of others and the rest of Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

Same here like thousands of others :)

Life goes on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Not sure if it is scare mongering. Rte 1 had a segment on it. The fact we have heard very little about its operation here, its implementation, would lead me to believe there will be be delay. They have til August 12 after all. And what can the EU do except start infringement proceedings? They take ages before fines are issued to a member state.

The inbound acceptance of EU covid certs should also be happening in Ireland since start of July and hasnt happened.

Infuriating tbh. Going to cost me over 600 euro for PCR coming back from France then?

Maz2016 wrote: »

https://extra.ie/2021/07/04/news/irish-news/holiday-plans-in-tatters-we-will-miss-eu-travel-deadline-on-july-19-warn-ministers?fbclid=IwAR0WT8oZI2duqBPOKMomDzH0nsc_Y6ntBKv1lZV3dqk7Qx2mFmqIpc_Jnn0

There was never any intention to have it ready for the 19th, the plan was always to delay and confuse. I couldn't give a hoot to be honest and i'll be travelling with my vaccination card which is being accepted by Spanish border control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

TefalBrain wrote: »
    There was never any intention to have it ready for the 19th, the plan was always to delay and confuse. I couldn't give a hoot to be honest and i'll be travelling with my vaccination card which is being accepted by Spanish border control.

Not disbelieving you at all but do you know for certain that the vaccination card, issued at vaccine centers here is acceptable proof to leave the Spanish airports? Heading over on August 1st and would love some clarity on what we need to travel.

Not disbelieving you at all but do you know for certain that the vaccination card, issued at vaccine centers here is acceptable proof to leave the Spanish airports? Heading over on August 1st and would love some clarity on what we need to travel.

Yes i know as i've family who travelled with it. You will need this also though. Most people's weren't even checked as regards the vaccination card on the flight as if you looked old enough the Spanish are figuring you are vaccinated anyway but i'd bring the card just in case.

https://www.spth.gob.es/create

Good luck and enjoy

Confirmation any of the fallowing.

EU Digital COVID Certificate IN DIGITAL FORMAT, issued by a member state of the European Union.
    It may contain one or more of the following proving that a person:has been vaccinated against COVID-19

• Advertisement

Confirmation any of the fallowing.

EU Digital COVID Certificate IN DIGITAL FORMAT, issued by a member state of the European Union.
    It may contain one or more of the following proving that a person:has been vaccinated against COVID-19

To travel to Spain you do NOT need a digital covid cert. You need a certificate or document confirming you are vaccinated. They are accepting the vaccination card and if you want to be cautious print off your information from the HSE vaccination portal confirming you have had same and attach to card.

https://spthm.puertos.es/info-pcr

The Spanish are well aware at this stage that we are the laggards of Europe and we will be the only nation who's citizens don't have the digital cert hence use of documents are accepted.

To travel to Spain you do NOT need a digital covid cert. You need a certificate or document confirming you are vaccinated. They are accepting the vaccination card and if you want to be cautious print off your information from the HSE vaccination portal confirming you have had same and attach to card.

https://spthm.puertos.es/info-pcr

The Spanish are well aware at this stage that we are the laggards of Europe and we will be the only nation who's citizens don't have the digital cert hence use of documents are accepted.

That's what i posted as its pulled from the link you mention...

That's what i posted as its pulled from the link you mention...

Get ya.

I'm just concerned there seems to be a scare campaign being happily spouted by many that you can't travel if you don't have the green cert which is not true.

It's actually hilarious that you can travel to Spain as an Irish citizen without a test as a fully vaccinated person yet as a fully vaccinated person you can't arrive back into Ireland without a test with proof of that full vaccination from our national health service :pac:

Banana republic

The Government decided early in the year we were not going to travel.
    Then they had no choice but opt in with rest of EU.
    Its an absolute disgrace how we are treated.
    there was no proper system at Dublin arrivals last week.
    If we don't up our game we be the laughing stock of EU travel...

Get ya.

I'm just concerned there seems to be a scare campaign being happily spouted by many that you can't travel if you don't have the green cert which is not true.

It's actually hilarious that you can travel to Spain as an Irish citizen without a test as a fully vaccinated person yet as a fully vaccinated person you can't arrive back into Ireland without a test with proof of that full vaccination from our national health service :pac:

Banana republic

I think you are saying that someone arriving in Ireland today who has already been fully vaccined cannot arrive without a negative PCR test?
    If this is correct i am surprised O'Leary not ON-IT...

I just read this morning that in Spain people can get the Covid cert the day after the second jab...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

I think you are saying that someone arriving in Ireland today who has already been fully vaccined cannot arrive without a negative PCR test?

I just read this morning that in Spain people can get the Covid cert the day after the second jab...

That's my understanding of it. Irrespective of being vaccinated or not, everyone entering Ireland needs a negative pcr.

O leary was all over the airwaves Friday about holder's of EU DCC'S being told because they've no pcr they need to go to mhq

O leary was all over the airwaves Friday about holder's of EU DCC'S being told because they've no pcr they need to go to mhq

I suppose we said July 19th they can do as per agreement...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Skippette wrote:

The DCC will be ready for vaccinated people because the HSE already has all the information built in the vaccination system. Even the portal could be easily extended to produce the digital cert as the end step with a digital signature.

The problem is that to include external test providers, then a lot of extra work is required to provide a secure integration gateway to allow third party test providers submit the data.

But for tests it won't matter as if you're relying on that then the rest result itself is useable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Amadan Dubh

Maz2016 wrote: »

You can travel from tomorrow for non-essential reasons as the legislation expires. Just because we don't have the covid cert set up, it doesn't mean you can't fly anywhere. Equally, you don't need to download the app to fly somewhere when it is set up.

Extra.ie are a press release for Covid scare stories. If you read the article carefully you'll find it has been purposely worded so that it isn't claiming we can't travel anywhere but that the covid cert might be delayed.

Advertisement