Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morgage info cross border

• 20-04-2021 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi I am just looking for some info if possible me and my partner living together in the republic of ireland, he is from nothern Ireland, he also works in nothern ireland and has kept all his stuff in his name up there in his home address. His bank is also in the north.We are thinking of buying a property in the republic of ireland does anyone know could a bank offer a morgage in nothern ireland to buy in the republic of ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

As far as I'm aware you cannot get a mortgage in the North to buy a property in the South. Most lenders will only lend for a mortgage if your income is in euro. Try AIB who may consider lending on sterling income.

Advertisement