Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New wheels 101

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭G1032

fat bloke wrote: »
    @OP. I'd always wondered about Prime wheelsets, liked the pricing and the specs and like the idea of a major brand like Wiggle/CRC putting their name on a wheelset and selling them themselves. It's in their interest to make a good product and then stand over it. I'd never actually seen a pair in real life though.
    I recently got a chance to examine (thought not ride) a pair of Prime black edition 28's (https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/prime-blackedition-28-carbon-wheelset/rp-prod166634_) and I was really impressed with the look and the finish, lightness and build quality. Great, great looking hoops. If the deeper ones are as nicely put together then they'd definitely be up toward the top of my list for the next time I go wheel shopping. The owner had nothing but good to say about them and according to him it there was neither blood spilt, sweat bucketed, nor tears shed in the mounting of tyres either :)

I did a bit of looking into Prime RR50 a while ago. Hubs on the standard are supposed to be terrible. Better on Black Edition though it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭comete

I got a set of hunt 36/50 wheels for a rim brake road bike last Thursday and have clocked up nearly 300km on them since then. They look great, make all the noises, and arrived within two days of ordering them (they were in stock at time of order). Cost me €1149 with the lifetime crash replacement add on. I’d have no issues recommending them and would buy another set tomorrow if anything happened to mine.

Advertisement