Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Pay is it in Ireland?

Options
  • 21-04-2021 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭

Is Samsung Pay in Ireland. I can't download the app, or add payment options to my watch/phone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Frankie19

No unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Cheers.

Grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Frankie19

Yeah its a shame as i have seen it work in America really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hold my beer

beauf wrote: »
    Is Samsung Pay in Ireland. I can't download the app, or add payment options to my watch/phone.

Can you not use Google Pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Exactly this. The only advantage Samsung pay has is that is uses magnetic secure tech so will work on any card machine like a credit card would. While Google only works on machines kitted out with NFC / Contactless. Oh and Samsung pay only works on Samsung devices obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Trying to add something to the watch. I can only buy it through the Samsung pay app. Which I can't download. In the Galaxy wearable app I can't add another payment method. It's fails. It only accepts Samsung pay. I have Google pay working.

I think in the Samsung Pay app I could use different methods of payment. But it's region blocked.

I dunno why these things are so complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

bit annoying alright. samsung watches run tizen, which only supports samsung pay, not google pay.
    In ireland, samsung pay doesnt exist.
    Kind of limits the whole samsung payment ecosystem here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

My Samsung watch keeps (every 5 mins) popping up asking to open the phone app and install Samsung pay -which I can't. It's has rendered the phone useless. Never again would I touch that brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Samsung watches have used WearOS and supported Google Pay since the Galaxy Watch 4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Have you tried resetting the phone? You could also trying force stopping the Samsung Pay app in the Galaxy Wearable -> Apps screen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

He Samsung pay app - which the watch needs - is not available in Ireland! Useless piece of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭apkmbarry

Haven't had a Samsung in over a year, but I had the Samsung Pay app. It was already installed? Are you going through the correct store? It won't be on the Play Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Have google pay running on a samsung watch 5. Annoying though because samsung pay is hard coded to a button press on the side of watch, I am able to set google pay to open from a tap on the watch face though.

Never tried setting up samsung pay, such a fail it its not even available in the country and our devices coming bloated with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

I don't have the Watch 5 but the Watch 4 and I have Google Pay set up with the double-tap of Home button - this is available in the Advanced Features section of the Wearable app.

Advertisement