Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just can't find astra 28.2 signal

• 22-04-2021 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

By that I mean the english speaking channels. I got them once , while balancing on a ladder over a year ago, but since then, with 2 different dishes, receivers and lnbs I can't seem to get anything but the foreign channel satellite signal at 19.2 .
    After reading up, it's possible the ones I used get easily are out of service now and the newer ones are at a slightly different angle. I don't know .guess I just need a good tuner or tuner app. If anyone can suggest a good one that would be great thank you.
    I find the foreign channels good for an alternative view of things, especially the pandemic news.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Put your address into this site and select 28.2E Astra (2E 2F 2G) as the satellite. It will show the direction to try. Also if there are any obstructions, trees, other buildings etc, it will show minimum height clearance. A dish MUST have a clear line of sight to the satellite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭gussieg

thanks again Gerry, for your help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

If u put 19.2 into dishpointer 1st, then 28.2 you will see the difference on map where you are pointing that might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭gussieg

Now that would be too much like common sense for me!

Advertisement