Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have your Grocery Shopping/Cooking/Take Away habits changed due to the Pandemic ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭sporina

Another thing, having a lot more picnics of sorts the last 13 months.. when meeting friends outdoors for walks etc.. enjoying that - nothing like food in the scenic outdoors,. top of a cliff/beach/woodland etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

At the beginning I did try and reduce my shopping to every second day but that didn’t last long.

I miss having friends over and going to theirs. Don’t miss the hangovers though.

Have to run the dishwasher twice a day now to keep up with the extra lunchtime feed fest.

For takeaways, we’re using Just Eat a lot more. Can’t use Deliveroo because they won’t recognise our address!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

One more thing that’s changed.....
    Everyone’s home for dinner every night. No working late in the office, no training/matches to go to. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

One more thing that’s changed.....
    Everyone’s home for dinner every night. No working late in the office, no training/matches to go to. :)

Lol that's a good point actually. Even if himself is working late, he can still pop downstairs for dinner and I'm not waiting to hear if he's left the office yet.

Or if one of us decided to go out with work/friends unplanned, the other would have to figure something out on the fly separate to the weekly meal plan. I'd usually resort to something quick and easy like a frozen pizza, so I guess we're eating a little healthier overall just because we're always cooking for 2 every single night.

Advertisement