Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

house visits,

Options
  • 22-04-2021 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭

hi folks any idea when visitors could be allowed into our homes,?reasons for asking is my adult daughter wants friends to come in,i personally dont,at least not until its 110% safe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Ain't gonna be that safe ever, it never was. You got to make a decision on what way your life is going from here, hiding behind the couch or grabbing it by the kahonas.

If your in the vunerable of hospitalizations group fix why your vunerable or if you can't tell her move in with some friends. This is with us now for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,479 ✭✭✭dobman88

sniperman wrote: »
    hi folks any idea when visitors could be allowed into our homes,?reasons for asking is my adult daughter wants friends to come in,i personally dont,at least not until its 110% safe.

Its years away from being like that.

My missus and I were at a friends house for dinner the other night and we're all still alive. Have the friends over. They're adults, trust them to stay away if any of them dont feel well.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

You should only allow it if you are comfortable with it op, doesn't matter if people are feeling top of their game, they can still carry the virus and spread it. Just because restrictions have laxed a bit and vaccine is being rolled out doesn't mean people should become complacent. My view anyway some will agree some wont just how it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,486 ✭✭✭touts

According to the level 5 guidelines no visitors allowed.

That said the only place that is at level 5 is the government press releases. Everywhere else is level 2 at best. So you're in a difficult spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Personally, my view is that the views of anyone living in the home should be respected in relation to having Guests during a Pandemic.

The current rules are no indoors household visits for social purposes unless in a support bubble. Or 2 fully vaccinated people from different households can meet indoors.

If you don't feel comfortable having visitors to your home just yet, then your daughter should respect that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

SusanC10 wrote: »

The current rules are no indoors household visits for social purposes unless in a support bubble. Or 2 fully vaccinated people from different households can meet indoors.

I honestly don't know anyone following those rules bar a bat **** crazy uncle of mine, same chap used to write to RTE complaining about the blasphemous Fr Ted.
    There rules not any kind of law.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

sniperman wrote: »
    it will never be 100% safe, if you will feel better once someone on tv says its safe then you can hold of for another couple years, that said as another poster said its level 2 in most houses, people have friends all the time over, traveling between counties how they feel - as they dont listen to goverment garbage whats good or bad for them, since most people use common sense, just because goverment will relax restrictions come summer it wont be suddenly safe, even vaccines have % rates where person can still get sick, so nothing is guaranteed.

that said you have free will and its your house, if your in the risk group or whatever you have a right to cocoon until next ice age its your choice and no one will drag you out.

Advertisement