Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decorative Stones - Delivery

Options
  • 22-04-2021 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering is there anyone online that can deliver decorative stones? I only need about 15 bags.

I checked Woodies and its all collect only.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

McMahons do it. I got 20 bags of stone off them last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Thanks I'll check them out.

Am I correct in saying each 25kg bag is about .33sqm coverage? I have an area thats 1m x 5m so I'd need about 16 bags?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭cap.in.hand.

Midland stone use dpd to deliver

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭hirondelle

I think you should look at builders providers, many carry decorative stone- and get loose in a tonne bag- buying 15 small bags is bad value. My builders providers deliver it loose on a tipper and will deliver a single tonne.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

hirondelle wrote: »
    I think you should look at builders providers, many carry decorative stone- and get loose in a tonne bag- buying 15 small bags is bad value. My builders providers deliver it loose on a tipper and will deliver a single tonne.

Currently have a place with 16 bags for €135.00 inc delivery - would that be a bad price? They are 25kg bags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

PCros wrote: »
    Currently have a place with 16 bags for €135.00 inc delivery - would that be a bad price? They are 25kg bags.

In my experience of buying stone ( I've done more of it than I ever thought I would) that's sounds fair enough. Some places are cheaper for the stone but get you on the delivery and vice versa .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

And while the tonne may be better value, it's no use to you if you have a half tonne bag of stones sitting on your driveway when the project is done.

Advertisement